Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Logan Stonebreaker

I was having a look at this hero today and was wondering why he is not used? He has the ability to completely remove high HP cards like Aeon and Raven out of the game providing you can land a hit... therefore I have come up with this deck.

Its a 30 card deck, nice cheap cards including war banner which means you can lay a lot of monsters per turn and hit for more.

You have Behemoths for later and Gargoyles to absorb spell hits. If Aeons come into play hit them and then simply remove them using Logans ability.

The deck has drawing power from Blood Frenzy, it has Valiant defender to stall and Crippling Blows to reduce damage on enemy allies down to 0.

I have gone against Rampage as I think the majority of the time you want to be hitting their Hero rather than Allies so I have thrown in 1 Enrage which can be used if things are not going well.

The deck room for expansion as well, although its nice to keep it at 30. Some of the monsters might need increasing to 4 and maybe Bad Wolfs could go in for Brutalis but the point of the cheap ones is because you can lay more of them and work well with War Banner.

1 Logan

3 Infernal Gargoyle
    3 Brutalis
    3 Fire Snake
    3 Plasma Behemoth

4 Valiant Defender
    4 Crippling Blow
    4 Blood Frenzy
    4 War Banner
    1 Enrage
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-18-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Had a couple of games using this, absolutely crushed an Eldawen deck. Granted it wasnt the best Eldawen player I have encountered but a nice trial for my testing.

The Snake + Warbanner combo is great for early pressure. I found due to snake being so cheap, I was able to drop Gargoyles and Behemoths but then drop a Snake as well which adds another 2 damage to the game board.

With the ability to summon and then lay a Defender to protect was also nice.

Brutalis I found was a bit of a waste so I will replace for Bad Wolf.

Logans ability is really good, hit Ravens/Aeons using a Snake and then finish using his ability.

Having only 30 cards made a big difference as I found I was a able to get the cards I wanted.

Could seee Rampage going into this.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-18-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I wonder why no one uses Logan as well because it has such great power as long as you can hit their allies first.

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Note: I'll keep editing this post as I come up with stuff ^.^
    A couple things:

1. Shield bash is a great way to preserve an ally and combo into Logan's ability

2. The King's Pride is an amazing way to not only beef up your allies even more but to mitigate some damage late game as well.

3. I don't know why people don't include Warrior Training in their decks to combo with Valiant Defender, it renders enemy allies virtually useless. You can put some of Brutalis' 4 health to good use with this combination, especially when Valiant Defender wears off.

4. A point of strategy: versus classes with nukes like Mages, Elementals, and Priests, be methodical with your ally placement. Always have a few allies remaining in your hand for when (not if!) a nuke is played, lest you be caught defenseless.
    I play priests primarily and I see this happen often.

5. Consider Jeweler's Dream as a way to get double use out of Logan's Ability.
    Attack=>Destroy=> +2 Resources=> more allies/damage

6. Medusil can negate an allies ability to defend, making Logan's ability easier to use.

7. Swap 2 Blood Frenzy for 2 Rampage could increase your flexibility while keeping your deck the same size
    Last edited by Pretty Pretty Princess; 04-03-2011 at 05:00 AM.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice one im gona try him

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    gonna try your deck since my Logan's deck is a big failue )