Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Don't they know there's Tidal Wave???

My Jericho was playing second against a warrior who by T5 had Puwen, Aldon, PotL and Jasmine. Naturally, it was Tidal Wave time.

The comment I subsequently received was that the card is too gay. I didn't want to waste time fueling his angst but surely one would know better than to play too many allies against a priest?! Especially before T5 too.

In terms of board wipes, is Tidal Wave really that low on the respect list?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    No, he's just a dumb player.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dumb player that isn't able to think beyond the human standard opening.
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That amount of beats is an excessive waste of cards even if you ARE playing against someone without a sweeper. Especially in warrior VS jericho when your draw engine is no longer a guarantee, but even in general he's really just bad.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    That amount of beats is an excessive waste of cards even if you ARE playing against someone without a sweeper. Especially in warrior VS jericho when your draw engine is no longer a guarantee, but even in general he's really just bad.
    Just curious, shouldn't one press on with numerical board advantage (assuming no available fatties)?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Direwulven View Post
    Just curious, shouldn't one press on with numerical board advantage (assuming no available fatties)?
    Of course not. You might not even win faster, at the cost of not being able to cast that extra ally after a board wipe to maintain control of the board. Only time you would ever need more than 3 allies (even three are too much if u ask me, unless they're stuff like kristoffer and Birgette) is when your allies can't deal with the ally/allies your opponent has on the board. If they do cast a board wipe then, they'll lose the ally you couldn't deal with as well.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Direwulven View Post
    If they don't have a board wipe you should definitely keep pressuring them once you have the superior position.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    If they don't have a board wipe you should definitely keep pressuring them once you have the superior position.
    Exactly. If you are playing against a hero w/ no board wipe (any Warrior, Rogue, Wulven, or Hunter) you should almost always play as many allies as you can, assuming you are running an ally deck (except against Gwen, situationally -- there are times you don't want to feed her health with weenies). I suppose you could say Wulven have Crescendo, but you have time before (if) it activates.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    Exactly. If you are playing against a hero w/ no board wipe (any Warrior, Rogue, Wulven, or Hunter) you should almost always play as many allies as you can, assuming you are running an ally deck (except against Gwen, situationally -- there are times you don't want to feed her health with weenies). I suppose you could say Wulven have Crescendo, but you have time before (if) it activates.
    What if they steal YOUR boadrwipe from your hand, deck or graveyard?
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    What if they steal YOUR boadrwipe from your hand, deck or graveyard?
    I always sacrifice my board wipe once I know I don't need it against heroes that can take cards from my hand, but I guess there's nothing you can do against rippers and transference.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh