Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

NEW CLASS: NECROMANCER (all new cards included!)

Hello and thanks for viewing my whole new class! The new allies are only in available in the necromancer's support card section. Any tweak suggestions would be welcomed! But please be constructive! Recommend how u might go about fixing it instead of hating on it. Thanks and enjoy!

NECROMANCER

Playstyle: Absorbs the enemies' health to replenish your own and raise your undead army! As masters of rituals and curses, they have ways to weaken the enemy and bolster your own! The undead army of the necromancer is played using Shadow Walkers, a new ally class devoted just to necromancers!

Card and ability breakdown: Your power as a necromancer comes from playing with the powers of darkness, and the forces of evil. You will use the blood of others, or even your own blood, to summun undead allies. Some of the abilities of these cards will cost you shadow points to use. There are cards which replenish your health and shadow points, and cards that deminish them. The ultimate goal as a necromancer is to make sacrifices to summon your army.

Your main ally in this deck is your Shadow Walker. Any cards that effect a shadow walker will effect any of their 3 different types. So you will have a selection of up to 12 shadow walkers. Keep in mind that one of the primary effects that balance this build is the fact that the necromancer must still use standard shadow allies/support cards to fill out their decks. So you may not always have a shadow walker, rendering most of the abilities of a necromancer useless.

Deck balancing effects:
    Negatives:
    -Your hero can loose health using effects of support cards
    -Your hero can suffer a lot of damage very quickly from using card effects and is an easier target for your opponent
    -Your hero can loose shadow points using effects of support cards
    -Health and mana regen rely on the use of high cost support cards
    -Cost of hero's abilities are high
    -You can have only 12 shadow walkers in your deck at once
    -Most of the support card costs are high so shadow walker builds cannot be effective for the first few rounds of the game.
    -because of the 3 shadow walker support cards, there are only 7 dedicated spell-type support cards in the necromancer class.
    -Your deck is reliant on shadow walkers being pulled, which may not always happen.

Positives:
    -Your deck build can replace allies with shadow walkers
    -Spells that damage you can also damage your enemy
    -You can spend shadow points summoning allies
    -You can increase your health and shadow points
    -Your army can build very quickly
    -Your shadow walkers can work together, increasing overall damage output
    -Your hero's have an element of crowd control in their abilities
    -Once your army is assembled you can dominate the board

NOTE: Please be aware that this post is undergoing some heavy changes while new cards get posted and tweaks are made. Please check back once in a while to check out the changes

NOTE: Changes made to cards will be posted in RED

Heros:

Demonica (female):
    Shadow Hero - Necromancer
    Health: 26
    (5) Drain up to 2 shadow points from your opposing hero. The attack and health of your opposing allies are reduced by 1 for each point drained, to a minimum of 1 attack and 1 health.

Cyprus (male):
    Shadow Hero - Necromancer
    Health: 26
    (5) Drain up to 2 shadow points from your opposing hero. For each shadow point drained, summon a Shadow Walker.

Support Cards:
    NOTE: Rituals stay in the support card zone, while curses are a one time use card.

Shadow Walker.jpg

Shadow Walker:
    Necromancer - Ally
    CC: 2
    Attack: 1
    Health: 2
    Effect: This ally has haste, and can attack the round it is summoned.
    Lore: We shall bring darkness....

Shadow Walker - Zealot.jpg

Shadow Walker - Zealot:
    Necromancer - Ally
    CC: 3
    Attack: 2
    Health: 4
    Effect: When this ally is summoned, your opposing hero looses 1 shadow point. Inflict 1 damage to all opposing allies.
    (2cc) When this ally attacks, your hero gains 1 shadow point instead of dealing damage.
    Lore: The Shadows devour all....

Shadow Walker - Harlot.jpg

Shadow Walker - Harlot:
    Necromancer - Ally
    CC: 6
    Attack: 3
    Health: 5
    Effect: When summoned, this ally causes your opposing allies to each loose 1 health. Your hero is healed the amount of health taken.
    (2shadow) Draw 2 cards from your deck and summon any Shadow Walkers that are pulled. Discard to the graveyard any card that is not a Shadow Walker.
    Lore: From the Shadows we have risen!

Undead Army.jpg

Undead Army:
    CC: 4
    Necromancer Ability - Ritual
    Shadow Walkers have +1 attack and health for each additional shadow walker in the ally zone. Your hero takes 1 damage at the beginning of each your turns this card is active.
    (2health) Destroy this card

Deadly Shadows.jpg

Deadly Shadows:
    Necromancer Ability - Attachment
    When the opposing ally this card is attached to kills a Shadow Walker, your hero gains 2 shadow points.

Soul Capture:
    Necromancer Ability - Curse
    Kill an opposing ally and summon a Shadow Walker from your graveyard

Blood Ritual:
    CC: 3
    Sacrifice a friendly ally. Summon Shadow Walkers from your hand equal to half the ally's card cost, rounded down. Your hero gains 1 shadow point.

3 Drops of Blood:
    Each hero takes 3 damage. Summon a Shadow Walker - Zealot from your hand or graveyard.

Dire Consecration
    CC: 5
    Necromancer Ability - Attachment
    When an opposing ally equipped with this card makes an attack, the opposing hero takes damage equal to the number of shadow walkers you have on your side of the field.

My Blood is Yours
    Necromancer Ability - Ritual
    (2shadow) Summon a Shadow Walker from your graveyard. Your hero looses 2 health.

Armor Cards:

Shroud of Darkness
    Armor Value: 1
    Durability: 5
    Effect: When your hero is attacked gain 1 shadow point

Blood Stained Rainments
    Armor value: 2
    Durability: 4
    Effect: The opposing hero suffers 1 damage for every successful attack made on your hero.

Weapon Cards:

Ceremonial Dagger
    Attack Value: 2
    Effect: Each attack your hero makes with this dagger equipped heals your hero 2 points

Shadow Walker - Claws
    Attack Value: 2
    Effect:
    (2shadow) This card becomes a Shadow Walker ally with 5 attack and 4 health.

NOTE: Credit to the artists will be posted soon. Please do not reproduce the cards with the pics on them. The cards I have put up are just for fun and to give you sortof an idea as to the theme I'm going for. Thanks
    Last edited by Aven666; 06-01-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This will be the update section for the thread This thread will be edited often.

Cyprus:
    Cyprus.jpg

Demonica: (Sorry for the odd body proportions, this picture was originally quite tall and I didn't want to crop it, so I had to shrink it vertically which made it out of proportion, but you get the idea from the pic)
    Demonica.jpg

Soul Capture: (sorry, the card pictured is mis-named. ignore the name please)
    Soul Capture.jpg

My Blood is Yours
    My Blood is Yours.jpg

Shadow Walker - Claws
    Shadow Walker - Claws.jpg

More cards are presented below in another post.
    Last edited by Aven666; 06-01-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Soul capture, 3 drops of blood, and ceremonial dagger are too strong, soul capture kills any ally and then you can bring a 6cc ally back from the dead for only 4cc, 3 drops of blood could let you summon a 6cc ally on turn 3, and ceremonial dagger is too strong for 4cc. My suggestion for soul capture is make it 5cc and make harlot a necromancer ally rather than a shadow walker, and replace him with a 4cc shadow walker so that way you can't summon him too early, this would also help 3 drops of blood. As for ceremonial dagger, lower it to one attack and make the trigger 'when your hero deals combat damage'. Also my suggestion for deadly shadows is to make it attach to an ally and say 'when the target ally dies your hero gains 2SE (can be friendly or opposing ally) other than that it's hard to tell if anything else would be OP, anyway I like this idea, especially the attachments that don't get rid of the opposing ally but still help you, and if I can suggest one or two ,

5 (maybe 6)cc ????
    Necromancer ability
    Target ally in your graveyard is returned to play with haste

And
    4cc ????
    Necromancer attachment
    Your hero heals health equal to the damage the target ally deals (can be friendly ally or opposing ally)
    Team Juggernaut's Boastful Warrior!
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!
    Wanna see some awesome decks? See my complete deck list! (all heroes)
    Wanna be a Juggernaut? Start by applying for TJX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDogood View Post
    Soul capture, 3 drops of blood, and ceremonial dagger are too strong, soul capture kills any ally and then you can bring a 6cc ally back from the dead for only 4cc, 3 drops of blood could let you summon a 6cc ally on turn 3, and ceremonial dagger is too strong for 4cc. My suggestion for soul capture is make it 5cc and make harlot a necromancer ally rather than a shadow walker, and replace him with a 4cc shadow walker so that way you can't summon him too early, this would also help 3 drops of blood. As for ceremonial dagger, lower it to one attack and make the trigger 'when your hero deals combat damage'. Also my suggestion for deadly shadows is to make it attach to an ally and say 'when the target ally dies your hero gains 2SE (can be friendly or opposing ally) other than that it's hard to tell if anything else would be OP, anyway I like this idea, especially the attachments that don't get rid of the opposing ally but still help you, and if I can suggest one or two ,

5 (maybe 6)cc ????
    Necromancer ability
    Target ally in your graveyard is returned to play with haste

And
    4cc ????
    Necromancer attachment
    Your hero heals health equal to the damage the target ally deals (can be friendly ally or opposing ally)
    thanks for the input I'm not sure if you noticed, but all the shadow walkers are necromancer allies, not shadow allies. The 3 shadow walkers I have there are in place of other support cards. Between the 3 shadow walkers and the 7 support cards, there are a total of 10 support cards. I had to do it that way because adding more raw shadow allies (not shadow walkers) will unbalance the game, and I would have to make the same amount of allies for the human side too. So the shadow walkers are specific to the necromancer class. I hope that clears that up for you, if you still think it's unbalanced I will have a look at the other suggestions you made.

As far as deadly shadows goes, I made it like that because you won't always have shadow walkers on the field. If you think about it you only get 12 shadow walkers and then the one weapon that turns into a shadow walker at a cost. So there's a chance that the match won't even play out with a shadow walker on your side of the field at all.. since even with the weapon your total amount of allies is only 16, you still need to add about 7 - 10 more allies to make your deck balanced. You may be right about soul capture, and I will think about changing it, but that 6cc ally may not always be in the graveyard. Once again there are only 12 Shadow Walkers to do graveyard summons from. The weapon won't count as an ally shadow walker while it's in the graveyard so it would be very chancy to have the Harlot in the graveyard at the time this card is used. It's more likely to have the lessor ones in the graveyard. Nonetheless .. now that I look at it.. it's a bit overpowered.. in that it both kills and enemy AND summons one of your own. I will look at the cost or tweak the effect of it. Thanks again for the input and I will take it into serious consideration

btw 3 drops of blood is already changed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    More cards:

Blood Stained Rainments
    Blood Stained Rainments.jpg

Dire Consecration
    Dire Consecration.jpg

Shroud of Darkness
    Shroud of Darkness.jpg
    Last edited by Aven666; 06-01-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Harlet needs to be smashed by the nerf bat.

First off, it is VERY easy to summon (unless you only mean the 2cc shadow walker card).

Secondly, it has haste, so it can attack AND use its ability.

Third, its ability is amazing (for 2 se, you get two cards= that priest staff)

And lastly, its -1 HP is just the icing on the cake... or it would be, except the hero heals too. (A card in itself)

Even if I am wrong about the easy to summon bit, this is still an Allie that can, as soon as its summoned, heal the hero, injure everything that lives, heal your hero, deal 4 dmg, get you two cards, and maybe even summon another ally. On the first turn.

OP. Sorry to be so blunt.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    that's fine.. I've heard from someone else that harlot is OP. I will look at fixing her. I really want this to be balanced so dev's look at it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well... I looked over it some more and this is what I think.

This whole class is just too versatile.

My advice is too split it into two classes, one made up of Weenies that do large amounts of damage when they come out, and one consisting of more normal allies that suck SE and life from the opposition.

Or to nerf to death one of the sides.

On a side note, a good way to evaluate balance is too compare cards to other similar cards, like zealot vs DMT.

Good luck, and I hope you perfect your class.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven666 View Post
    Shadow Walker - Harlot:
    Necromancer - Ally
    CC: 6
    Attack: 3
    Health: 5
    Effect: When summoned, this ally causes your opposing allies to each loose 1 health. Your hero is healed the amount of health taken.
    (2shadow) Draw 2 cards from your deck and summon any Shadow Walkers that are pulled. Discard to the graveyard any card that is not a Shadow Walker.
    Lore: From the Shadows we have risen!
    how does that look for a tweak on harlot? Keep in mind that there are really only 12 shadow walkers in the deck. Most decks have about 20 allies, at least that I have seen.. so the chances that a shadow walker will even be pulled is 50/50. and that's just on the allies side of things. Then you have another 20 support cards So yes, the necromancer will still need to use generic shadow allies/support cards in the deck as well. And considering that a lot of these cards rely on the fact that you have a shadow walker in your hand or in your graveyard.. there will not always be the chance to use those cards.

Otherwise, it's a mish/mash of having to deal with generic cards and hoping your build comes up for play, and technically an entire game could go by and you may not get to use any of your abilities at all. So, yes, technically you could suddenly pop 2 harlots in a row but the chances of that are extremely unlikely. There's a much greater chance of pulling a regular shadow ally to your hand. A lot of the effects cost the hero health and that's why there are other effects to heal you. Also, as in this case, there are cards that cost shadow points. The shadow point costs of the hero's are high and there are a few effects that rely on shadow points.

So yes, the deck could be UBER.. but so can any other deck if your cards magically pull in exactly the right order you need to use them. There is always the chance, as there is with any deck, to get a crappy pull and end up loosing the game. But I think you might agree that the revision on harlot makes her a bit less OP

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The card pictures is great, but i think it is to overpowered
    e.g.
    Soul Capture:
    Kill an opposing ally and summon a Shadow Walker from your graveyard

4CC can kill an opposing ally even Aoen can be killed... one of your ally returned, it is much better than a mind control...