Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Eladwen deck. Your thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

I've been playing for about a week and a half now and I'd like to see what you think of the Eladwen deck I've built for myself:

1 x Eladwen Frostmire

Allies:
    4 x Sandra Trueblade
    4 x Blake Windrunner
    3 x Aldon the Brave
    3 x Aeon Stormcaller

Spells:
    3 x Fireball
    4 x Lightning Strike
    4 x Research
    4 x Portal

Total: 30 cards

I've had pretty good luck playing online and I'd say I win about 5/6 matches regardless of which heroes I go up against. I do struggle against other mage matchups when I play second and my opponent plays consecutive Sandras on turns 4, 5 etc; I imagine that this is a problem for everyone though. There's such a huge tempo advantage for human heroes going first with small decks and 4 Sandras.

I find that I win many of my games on card advantage when I'm patient about using research in the mid-game instead of dropping Aeon as soon as I can. I like dropping Aldon whenever I can before Aeon because he draws so many removal spells/abilities.
    I find that if I can drop a portal on turn 4 or 5 and drop 1-2 allies, research, keep Aeon in my hand (unless playing Elementals) and play Aeon when I have 8 resources so that I keep a card advantage.

I hope I don't come off too arrogant or anything. I'd just like some tips/feedback from more experienced players.

PS,
    I nearly lost to a well played Priest deck last night. He had four tidal waves in his deck, which I totally didn't expect, and he had decked me for two turns because of my accelerated card drawing and a mistake I made in my card playing order. I'll be glad if the right cards get nerfed the right way in the update so that more different types of decks are more competitive.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty much the same as all the other Eladwen decks out there.

Though would definately have 4 x Fireball.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yup, looks standard.

Search the forums for decks like these (homiek posted a real similar one, maybe a card or two off) if you want to read some comments on it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My understanding is you should replace a Lightning Strike with a Fireball and then enjoy your 400+ rating.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ever had an elementalis player sandra you?... or have them play your portals?

I played against Eladwen today and the match up was a cake walk. mass removal, to mass removal. Apply preassure with sparks and your set. Retreat! does nothing against Elementalis decks.

Dont get me wrong Eladwen is a good deck, but i find a much enjoyable time playing Elementalis right now. Took out Eladwen and Boris skull crusher with eladwen having me at about 6 life. that was the last time they hit me for the remainder of the game though. Blew the board, play a small critter gained 5 life. at 11 life. 3 cards in hand, unless they had 3 fireballs in hand, which mind you late game its not likely. The game is set for you. Play the cheap creatures sac them to gain another 5, they play a creature snatch it and gain another 5.

really i do believe that a good player piloting a Elementalis will have no problems taking on the eladwen match up. heck to the human match up for that matter since all the human's run basically the same creature staples.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Krazykid, mind sharing your Elementalis deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Krazy... I bet that Ice/Phoenix/Arebel/and some others, have never lost to an elementalist deck playing first.. Even playing second it's HARD to lose... I really don't know your rating, but above 400, Zaladar/Elementalist don't go so well...

It's a fact that this deckset is unbalanced, It's just a matter of time until the next version comes up...

About this deckset, I really think that 32 cards is better... I have already lost many games because of being without cards..
    And I think you may add at least 3 Jasmine, take out some lightnings (fireball is defenetly better... At high rating games you will play much more Vs Humans deck sets.. and it simply owns Aeon), and I have only 3 Portals... But that's just a matter of opinion.

C-ya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
    Krazykid, mind sharing your Elementalis deck?

its in the Anti-Eladwen post. I even posted how to play or how i play the deck. I have not had a single bad hand. even with a opening of 3x Spark Elemental 2x bad Santa, and 1x energy discharge. Against eladwen i even ended up skipping a turn and didnt lost.

also rating doesnt mean the "deck" type gets better. You dont have to be 400 to build a deck that somebody at 400 is playing. Rating is just a number. it states how many times you've won to reach that number not including how many times you have lost to get there in the first place.

i play under the name macrobomb.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykidpsx View Post
    I have not had a single bad hand. even with a opening of 3x Spark Elemental 2x bad Santa, and 1x energy discharge.
    Isn't that hand close to ideal? Dump all the sparks into play, replenish with bad santa, win?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    Isn't that hand close to ideal? Dump all the sparks into play, replenish with bad santa, win?
    against eldawen, not really because. if your going first, in which i was. i had to give up a energy discharge. because i run jut a little over the minimum, the likelyhood of me drawing one of the other 3 in the next 4 turns might not be likely. Maybe the eldawen player had a bad hand, or assumed they could "auto-pilot" the deck.

On my end, i had to give up cards considerably, so first card down was a bad santa. just in case i didnt draw into a Discharge for turn 5. droped 1 elemental. next turn i drew a another discharge. at this point i know i only need 1, so i gave it up and dropped the other sparks. swung in and so forth, opponent on his turn 2 though played a resource and played retreat!, is that the best move to do in the eldawen deck?
    based on the ability that they have about 10 or so 2 cost spells. i dont think retreat was the best move, but at the same time they are facing atleast 1 turn of 9 damage and then another turn of play and kill 1 character with thier 2 cost creatures dying to the 2 sparks.

it seems like a tough situation for the eldawen player but not something they couldnt get over. but the opp did play retreat, i drew a transference, so i resourced the spark and played transference, what did it give me? a sandra. after this the game really was a motion around what i did, the match up is really dumb and i think that the loss for the eldawen player was on their choice of play. Maybe they though, "oh elemtalis this will be cake" and proceeded on over compensating for their deck power.