Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[BORIS] deck and discussion

New to the game, loving it so far. I've been having some success with my Boris deck, but don't know too much about the metagame and am wondering if I am missing some key pieces here. The deck is fast and aggressive, and the idea is to gain so much tempo advantage early on that the opponent can't come back from it. I think it has some of the best 1, 2, and 3 drops in the game, and there's a lot of synergy so I'm happy with it so far.

(Hoping someone can tell me how to post links to cards, thanks)

1x Boris
    4x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Dirk Saber
    4x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Puwen
    4x Brigitte Skullborn
    4x Blake
    4x Aldon the Brave
    3x War Banner
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Bazaar
    1x Jewelers Dream

Some notes-
    Boris's ability is decent.

Dirk Saber quickly became one of my favorites. Great against heros with defender, and for ganging up on bigger allies.

I really like having 1-drops. Whether its for turn 1, or so that I can play two allies on turn 3, etc. There are 7 "banner" effects in the deck, making those 1-drops pretty deadly as the game goes on. Brigitte has been amazing against targeted damage, etc.

I know some people don't like Blake. Personally, I've seen him swing for 5 on so many occasions I can't take all of them out.

Aldon is the best card in the deck, hands down.

Crippling Blow is cheap removal for the bigger allies we face late game.

I like Bazaar over the other draw engines. The one that deals damage to my hero seems ok, I'll have to experiment with it.

Jewelers Dream is in there for playtesting, but I don't think I like it. My deck is built with lots of cheap allies, so by turn 4-5 I can pretty much consistently cast 2 allies/turn without any help from the weapon.

So that's pretty much it. It's fast and consistent. Turn 1 - Kristoffer, swing for 1. Turn 2 - Any of the 2cc allies. Turn 3 - Aldon, you're set. Then just keep the pressure coming by constantly laying down allies. Kill off enemy allies as they come down, keep attacking, etc.

What is this deck weak to? Am I missing anything interesting?

Thanks guys.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This deck is extremely vulnerable to Mage decks and any AoE skills for that matter. 1 or 2 opposing crippling blows can stop the pace. Hunters also can clear your board without difficulty and rogues and hunters with Golden Katar disallows your move Also this deck is also quite weak to those needing extra draws. In this deck, Bazaar isn't really a necessity since a Warrior has a Enrage and Blood Frenzy combo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You will find strong decks in the Warrior Strategy forum.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.