Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea I can see that. It just seems like... weapon-based decks have really good weapons at their disposal. They will run 4 awesome bows, plus 2-3 reserve weapon, and there's no way you can keep up. You can take yourself off the clock for a few turns, but the weapons come back. What's more, they get to attack with the weapon the turn they play it, usually pumped by the hero. So they will always get at least one use out of the weapon. Then, some decks run 5cc+ weapons in addition to Jeweler's Dream, for example. Or big weapons in addition to What Big Teeth. So our answers seem to be very situational. I like Shriek just for the fact that it can kill an enemy Tome, but I'm wondering if Majiya just needs to be the aggressive player and not the control deck...

I'm still thinking very hard about PB vs. MD. PB just seems so unbelievably good on paper, but somehow in practice the MD comes up a little better...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You don't need to permanently keep the weapon away. Just kill it when you can. Gwen can't just focus on your hero all the time so just play allies for his one or 2 activations and then kill his weapon when he doesn't have ability ready.

Against Lance you kinda want the AB dead as soon as possible, but it's still not the most important thing to do. You can kill 2 of his 4 Anklebreakers, that's usually enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had 3 Molten Destroyers out and my opponent dropped an Evil Ascendant. Good times.

Finally able to purchase my 3rd Dagger of Unmaking, so I'll keep testing. I've learned that turn 5 it is usually the better move to drop a DMT/Gargoyle/Brutalis and use Tome than to cast Molten Destroyer/PB/etc. You want to keep drawing cards until you have 8-9 resources, that's when the deck wins.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Having a good time with the deck so far. If I'm correct in thinking the quick-matches pair you by your rating, it might explain why I'm having more trouble all of a sudden.

I swapped the Molten Destroyers for Plasma Behemoths, and I can't say there's been a situation where I've regretted it so far. The cool thing about PB is that it can still Fireball when it's hit with, say, Crippling Blow. And if you do get one to stick, it's always Gg. MD was a solid ally, but by no means the same effect on the board. PB is a bomb, MD is a solid ally for 5, that's the difference in my mind. I would love to run both, but no room. And Shadow Knight is out of the picture for me because it dies to Fireball.

Majiya

4x Gargoyle
    4x Brutalis
    4x DMT
    4x Plasma Behemoth

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning
    2x Shriek
    2x Supernova
    2x LLN
    2x Sac Lamb

4x Research
    3x Dagger of Unmaking

It can still be tweaked. I'd like a little more board control in the early game, so I'm thinking of adding 2-3 Freezing Hit/Crippling Web. I can see cutting 1 DMT...

Winning with this deck usually comes in 3 phases. 1 is the early game, where we hope the game is not put out of our reach entirely (esp against strong human allies.) You want to drop a Tome as early as possible, but Brutalis is ok too. Against humans you usually want to Fireball an Aldon or Jasmine; against control you want to drop a Gargoyle. Phase 2 is turns 4-6, depending on who went first. Here is where you take board control; either by using Majiya's ability, or using Lightning Strike in a 2 for 1, etc. At this point in the game, if you have the option of dropping a Plasma Behemoth or dropping, say, a Gargoyle and using Tome, go for the latter. You want to be building up resources while still playing spells, and getting ready for the end game. Phase 3 comes in around turn 8-9. At this point you should be able to play 2 spells a turn, and sometimes you'll even get to use Tome in the process. At this point, you go for the throat; you can allow some of their non-lethal-threatening allies to stay on the board while you burn to the dome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I recently switched to portal majiya and have been having more success. Then I realized, it's not necessarily the portal you need, my list was just missing fatties. I would run something like this now:

Majiya

4x Gargoyle
    3x Brutalis
    3x DMT
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Shadow Knight

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning
    2x Shriek
    2x Supernova
    2x LLN
    2x Sac Lamb

4x Research
    2x Dagger of Unmaking

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi everyone.. im new around here from Malaysia (its a country, heheh!). i just logged into my SE account for the 4th time today. been reading the forums the past few days and got a lot to learn here onwards. was playing MTG before but i stopped a looong time ago.. (4th ed - portals expansion)

anyway, currently playing weenie/control elad deck, (kinda like red/green in MTG) with no portals. after reading around here i kinda plan to move to the dark side with majiya. interested to get some strategy info from pros.

i got to play against bro alec's majiya elite deck just now. he was having kinda bad draws. but i still saw behemoths and chimeras comin at me, had a tough time disabling them while i burn his hero with all i got. but since he took out my tome early, couldnt do much. for a sequel of bad draws, that is one pretty good deck i would say. both of us were down to single digit hp (<5).. and we were both scrambling for the honour to do the nova.. heheh! bro alec, ure one respectable opponent.. i salute u. nice chattin with u too while playing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Jawsbush

Haha thanks man and good playing I'm thinking about going back to portal instead of Elite and adding 3 Bad Santa, because even if it helps both players I doubt anyone will beat a Majiya portal with perfect draw.
    Let me know what you think Jawsbush, and let's set up a game sometime I enjoyed playing against you and I'd like to test out my idea above with a worthy opponent, haha let me know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another deck edit, this one in the testing phase.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ive finally moved over to majiya after about 6 hours straight play to collect enough gold and crystals.. i even sold all my human cards (my elad deck too, i move by faith.. heheh!). currently dealing with major problems reducing to 40 card deck. although all the required fatties hav yet to be completed, i try to make do with wat i can afford. heres my deck currently, wish someone could give feedback bcos i really wanna be sure of the next card to buy (limited gold)..

1xmajiya

4xinfernal gargoyle
    4xbrutalis
    1xbelladonna(got it from booster pack)
    3xDMT
    1xPB(from majiya pre-con deck)
    3xshadow knight
    1xbrutal minotaur(im saving up for another one)

4xfireball
    4xlighting strike
    4xtome of knowledge
    3xportal
    3xsupernova

2xshriek of vengeance
    2xsacrificial lamb
    2xLLN

so far from my random challenge fights, it seems like my rating points are steadily going up to near 200.. a feat seemed impossible for my previous elad deck due to menacing gwen, majiya and super tank priest decks. however, my new deck still lost to a human priest deck. man, those guys hav long life.. will be lookin forward to seeing u again bro alec. i'll be ur punching bag anytime.. heheh!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Jaws deck

Ok bro I see a couple big problems with your deck:

(1) Plasma Behemoth is really bad for a portal deck, he has low attack and his ability is pretty much a fireball, your gonna want to use your resources for getting allies in, not on his ability.
    (2) Gargoyle is a great T3 ally, but with a portal deck the goal is maximum damage so if I were you I would use Bad wolf instead.
    (3) Belladonna is a good card especially with portal, you should get more of her. I personally don't use DMT at all, for T3 Bad Wolf is a lot better, and you should drop 3 DMT and use that deck room for fatties.
    (4) I tried Sacrificial Lamb for a long time and found that it is a very hard card to use. It's good for the occasional ally who is disabled with either a crippling blow or Captured Prey, but not used very often. I like Bad Santa better but you dot have to have either.

Last thing is I am a firm believer that Dagger of Unmaking is essential to portal decks, so you don't have to worry about their allies and you can focus damage to the Hero.

Haha obviously I think the best deck is the one I made, that's why I made it, but it's good to make it your own.