Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Question Pre Release Events

Hello Wulven,

I was talking to my local card shop yesterday, Good Games, and they asked if there will be scheduled pre release events for up-coming sets. I will be organising scheduled play events there and they will not be stocking cards initially so support such as this would help generate enough interest to warrant them stocking the cards.

I will be using some of my extra bonuses from pre orders to help promote the game by offering these as prizes for tournaments and such, so hopefully we can get some players in Sydney interested in the game.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We currently do not have a program setup to help promote the game through advertising items like posters or demo units. We should be worked out and created in the future to help expand and accelerate the growth of the game.

Any stores that order in bulk will receive all of the bonuses as well, along with reduced pricing. So they could use those bonuses as prizes for a tournament. They would have to get their order in within about 48 hours since the pre-order will be closing soon. After that, orders will only come with normal accessories.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    We currently do not have a program setup to help promote the game through advertising items like posters or demo units. We should be worked out and created in the future to help expand and accelerate the growth of the game.

Any stores that order in bulk will receive all of the bonuses as well, along with reduced pricing. So they could use those bonuses as prizes for a tournament. They would have to get their order in within about 48 hours since the pre-order will be closing soon. After that, orders will only come with normal accessories.
    I'm inquiring about future releases, rather than the pre-order of the first set as this would be something to entice them to purchase the cards once the next set is released if the events I organise between now and then generate some interest.

The card market is much tougher here than places like the states with a larger population. The fact that SE is available on mobile devices sounds to me the perfect way to introduce new players to the game who can play it (cheaply) on the go, when they would never be likely to try another physical TCG/CCG if they already play any of the existing major games (M:tG, or Yugi here). Even WOW has died down to almost nothing here by the sounds of it after talking to them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't speak for future expansions but I certainly wouldn't discount similar promotional events happening in the future. Generally though, these events are more geared toward players than intended to drive retail sales. These events are somewhat separate from an Organized Play strategy, which we also need to devise.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I can't speak for future expansions but I certainly wouldn't discount similar promotional events happening in the future. Generally though, these events are more geared toward players than intended to drive retail sales. These events are somewhat separate from an Organized Play strategy, which we also need to devise.
    As far as any promotional events or organised play for Sydney you can put my name down to volunteer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool, thanks for volunteering! I was talking to lolcifer, I recall correctly, at Origins earlier today and he was also mentioning about taking the game to his local card shop to promote and build up interest in Shadow Era. It's great to see fans of the game enthusiastically helping out and trying to grow the game not only through the forums and the digital card game but the physical card game as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Cool, thanks for volunteering! I was talking to lolcifer, I recall correctly, at Origins earlier today and he was also mentioning about taking the game to his local card shop to promote and build up interest in Shadow Era. It's great to see fans of the game enthusiastically helping out and trying to grow the game not only through the forums and the digital card game but the physical card game as well.
    My pleasure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would probably be down for this as well.. you at Wulven should create a street team of sorts..

I am in central Michigan.

I had done this in the past for paintball companies and would be interested for this game as well.