Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow thanks for another extremely detailed explanation. Got my +2 Kristoffer, +2 Raven, +1 The King's Pride and removed some of the said cards. However I do have use for some cards which I had decided to drop it to 1 and use them as emergency cards. Now I do not have a 40 card deck as of tyet but I am working towards it. Thanks all!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    -3 Sandra Trueblade (while occasionally card advantage, she's a costly ally with a small body)
    -3 Kurt Whitehelm (Some may swear by him, but for me personally you'd rather have a cheaper threat and increased versatility out of your cards)
    -2 Valiant Defender (just a bad card)
    -2 War Banner (you'll never need more than one, and with Boris's ability you don't need it early)
    -2 Rampage (the trouble is that by the time you can afford to play it against the decks you need it for, it will rarely be enough to win games by itself. Also, again, only ever need one)
    -2 Shield Bash (because Boris. You have better removal for big threats and Boris and your allies kill the small ones)
    Shieldbash are useful vs Nightshade, don't tell me using a 4se ability to kill a little shit is a good move, it can also kill a Erika, a Flayers without taking damage, your crippling blow won't help you vs Rouge and Assassination.
    -1 Good Ascendant (because it's bad)
    Not true, put a Aeon/EP combo on the board, then cast Good Ascendant, and gg.. A bit overkill, but why not?
    -1 Dimension Ripper (not AS bad, but if you're playing better cards you don't want to give your opponent said cards. Especially if you're trimming certain things to 1x like Rampage and War Banner)

-16 cards

+4 Crippling Blow (this card is what you need to win the day, every day. Renders Ogloth, Raven, Sandworm, and all sorts of other meddlesome fatties helpless. Also extremely cheap to play, making it easier to buy a losing board)
    4 is way too much, you already have Retreat in the deck, and Jasmine ability as... day winner? Crippling blow let an ally to assassinate, and now with Sac Lamb Shadows have a good way to use their CB'ed allies

+4 Kristoffer Wyld (This card is a hasty 1 damage for 1, which is a good conversion rate as-is. However, you'll be playing War Banner, Aldon the Brave, Aeon Stormcaller, and The King's Pride which all increase Kris's damage output.)
    kris can be good, but most of the time players use it for only lose card advantage...

+2 Raven Wildheart (because decks are bad if they can't kill a single threat, you need to be prepared with more than a single copy.)
    And maybe to have one early also, ??

+1 Blood Frenzy (because this is the card that says all your other hero attachments are one-ofs. Draw them twice as often, and any opponent with attachment removal will be forced to split them between this card and crippling blow. Card advantage is king, and you want you have your draw source as often as possible which will in turn make your other cards come up more often, a win-win)

+2 Retreat (because of the amazing versatility, and how it can combo off Kristoffer Wyld easily and often)

+1 Bad Santa (because Blood Frenzies don't magically appear in hand whenever you want. This extra boost of gas will get you there, and if played on T2 after T1 Kris you can refill your hand without the opponent getting any value)
    Is it Bad Santa or Lone Wolf? If you want to use Bad Santa in a deck use 2 of them, at least.

+2 The King's Pride (because why not? As I proved way back when making ZhannaX 1.0, KP can be a win condition in and of itself, turning your otherwise inefficient early drops into powerful lategame threats. Kristoffer Wyld becomes a 3/2 haste for 1, Jasmine and Aldon become 5/5s for 3, Ravens are taken out of Supernova range, and Aeon becomes a massive 5/9 beatstick ready to tear your opponents limb from limb. Players tend to expect one of these puppies and save a Ley Line Nexus for it, but it's even less likely for them to be able to cope with two, so two copies it is. Take advantage of the extra sacrificing you can afford drawing double the normal card amount and drop these when your opponent will be the most hard-pressed to come back)
    Not sure to know what you proved with your Zhannax, or when you proved it, but if i remember ir right, KP was always a must have for warriors, even when Shriek was able to destroy it. Also isn't Raven already out of range from SN with 6hp?

As a full disclaimer, without testing I have no idea how good or bad my proposal is. It's been ages since I played a Boris list, or at least one with allies, and am not sure how best to build him for the moment.
    Who need disclaimer in the end of a post in strategy forum?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Kent? Is that you?
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do yourself a favor and don't listen to this Maria person. I'm not sure if they're a troll or just a horrible player, but either way avoid them.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    Do yourself a favor and don't listen to this Maria person. I'm not sure if they're a troll or just a horrible player, but either way avoid them.
    Haha, thanks, read my post again, you'll see that i agree with you for most of the proposed change, like you did with Kentequi's one... .

Note that i didn't say having one good ascendant was a good idea, but you can build deck around this card. It's not a bad card.