Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Will this deck serve me in higher levels?

Just wondering, I am so far 5-0 and have never really been close to losing any of my matches (not trying to brag) but I am wondering if this deck is just beginners luck or will it still be viable if I face higher lvl players?

Ele Deck:
    Hero: Zaladar
    Deathbone
    Keldor
    Infernal Gargoyle x2
    Brutalis
    Plasma Behemoth
    Fire Snake x2
    Belladonna
    Energy Discharge
    Conversion
    Soul Reaper x2
    Spark x4
    Transference
    Mind Control
    Feedback x2
    Shard of Power x2
    Life Infusion x2
    Eternal Renewal
    Here Be Monsters x2
    Extra Sharp x2

Currently Rated 199

Thx for the feedback. (no pun intended)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would replace the Fire Snakes with a couple more Brutalis. Fire Snakes are a waste of spots. You also might want to use either two Deathbone or two Keldor, and not one of each. Personally, I would opt to run neither and play 4 Infernal Gargoyles instead. I would probably throw another Plasma Behemoth in there as well. Belladonna is useless unless you can protect her somehow; she's really just an expensive drawing card. Mind Control is probably the best card that Elementals have, you should throw more of those in there. And either go with 4 Here Be Monsters, or none (ok...maybe 3 is fine). They are best used in the early game, and you want to increase your chance of drawing one.

I can't say that you'll do bad against higher level players, because I don't know how you play. But your deck is lacking cohesion; it's just a bunch of random stuff thrown together.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I dont really like this deck at all

Why do you you have so many random cards?
    Extra sharp is pretty poor choice when bloodlust is available, and there are so many single cards that you cant guarantee any of them really coming up I mean let say you really wanted to play mind control. With 1 in the deck, you are going to be waiting until you die before seeing that card.

Seems similar for several of the cards you chose. Too many low cost cards that can be wiped from the board by the mages and no way to contol the board with any cohesion.

You want to drop (or add - 2 is not reliable) HBM and get 4 stone gargoyles and a 4 bad wolfs into the deck or you have no way of clawing back control against a portal deck going second. I wouldnt bother with Brutus or firesnake if you are running 4 sparks either as you need to spread your assets accross the available choices.

To be honest its kind of difficult to give good advise on such a deck since its almost like you bought 1 of each card and just added all of them to the deck without any thought. I dont really know what gameplan you are going into a match with, if any.

Kind Regards
    Pete

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    short answer, no. longer answer, what pete said.
    - it's so blatantly obvious i'm gonna win that they usually quit. =(. i feel like i have to hold back so they won't leave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spootz View Post
    I would replace the Fire Snakes with a couple more Brutalis.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Spootz View Post
    Fire Snakes are a waste of spots.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    I wouldnt bother with Brutus or firesnake
    Yes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with just about everything the above posters said. I think the snakes and Brutalis are fairly useless. I like Infernal Gargoyle and Plasma Behemoth because they're durable and both survive Eladwen's ability. Try to get four of each of those. Transference and Mind Control are fairly important cards to Elemental based decks. Shards of Power and Extra Sharp I don't really like. If an opposing player is able to remove your allies (via Lightning Bolt/Fireball + Eladwen or Tidal Wave or the like) with Shards in play you're put into a really difficult spot; really situational card. I'd run two max if I did at all. As with Extra Sharp, for one more resource cost Bloodlust gives all of your allies +2 attack. I don't see any reason any Shadow deck should be using Extra Sharp over Bloodlust unless they don't have the cards. Energy Discharge and Feedback are handy in the late game. I personally would put about 2-3 of each in my deck instead of the max 4 as if I drew them early I would almost always discard them for resources. If you have the space for four of them, consecutive Here Be Monsters cast on turns 3,4 etc can be devastating to your opponent.

I like that you've kept the deck small at 30 cards. I like doing that, along with putting 4 of each of the cards that I think are most important to the purpose of my deck, so I have a better chance of drawing the cards that I need when I need them.