Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    VoW is fine, solid against decks like Lance or Portal mages, but also doesn't do anything against threats that already stuck on the table. That's why a lot of players tend to prefer Dagger of Unmaking, which not only stalls the attackers but makes the opponent pay their resource costs again, essentially giving you some free turns. Infernal Gargs have their way with it and the card is hindered by durability moreso than VoW is, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dagger Of Unmaking is great, I like. A real pain when played with a good bolt. ;p also means that i could cut down a little on Retreat! My whole theme now is a lot more focused, just a little bad matching up some Banebows and worst yet Boris.
    Last edited by Geckt; 05-25-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Boris is tough to beat if you're trying to beat him with allies. Between his ability, crippling blow, and retreats, you just aren't going to hold the board in a deck that doesn't have more allies than anything else. Warriors also have access to Smashing Blow, which can devastate your equipment plan. However, VoW doesn't get any value for you off the bat. If you play DoU, you at least get some use out of it before it gets blown up, netting you value. Just be weary of Armored Sandworm.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not just the Armored Sandworm I'm getting into to troubles with, generally players at 1** ratings have the trend of playing beefy allies with Legion United, so I liked the DoU alot suggestion coupled with odd cards like LLN and Poor Quality. I'd might even chuck in 2 Twice Enchanted Robe which is a quite a bait before any laying of DoU's. ;P mostly drawing power is more desired than anything else. Quicker and more aggressive burning I find.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Twice-Enchanted is poor. 5 resources for 2 cards is strictly worse than even Tainted Oracle, but you really shouldn't need TO either. say 4 ToK 2-3 BS should be more than enough. You're a mage, take advantage of your multi-target burn and your hero ability to generate extra card advantage for you. You don't need as much draw if you're playing cards that are worth more than the opponent's cards. It's one of the same principles that makes Achilles work.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thrown those out the list too, tho they're attention seekers; I'm putting the deck on a diet to lower the resource curve. Playing solo means I have to look at the playing cost more carefully >_<. While most of the crucial plays I'm having are T4~5 Nova or lightning bolts, clearly it's not efficient enough still... grinding for those much needed DoU's still. =S
    Last edited by Geckt; 05-27-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Being aware of your cost curve is important, but the actual curve is important too. By this, I mean the cost of your plays, not the cards themselves. For example, if you want to be using ToK on t5, then you should be looking at your 3cc slots to fill the 5th turn. In that respect, you'll find that often mage decks will be a little lighter on their curve than most, although not all mages share this pattern. The human ones typically do, however. Majiya and Gravebone have other, more expensive plays that provide card advantage for them whether using ToK or not, including their shadow abilities. As Eladwen, you want to be a little more aggressive in your card choices since you're going to be dedicating resources to ToK a lot to stay in the game.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Howdy, tested a couple of rounds with some buddies after brunch. Most of the fellas were caught off guard when they're figured that I'm playing a solo burn, only had a really bad match up with a Boris siding in 4 Sandworms to a 2-1 lost. how I'd wished there's a propaganda card in this game somewhere. LOL. This is my deck so far, 40 card deck: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....2se134.1se160 On a side note testing with only 2 BS's I got I find is more than adequate for my playing style I guess as I would mainly use it only in the last ditch for a the finishing blow. crippling blows and rain delays are prolly my main stallers till t4 and on starts.
    Last edited by Geckt; 05-27-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been at the game a few weeks now and have stuck to experimenting using Nishaven. Currently I'm running a deck with no allies and have been seeing some success. In my experience it just seems natural as his ability affects ALL allies. Draw of course is something I'm always trying to improve. Welcome here to this game and community by the way. They are wonderful!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good to hear, always like to see more players sharing Nishaven ideas. I'd even see variants using him in a rush deck so anything can happen happen. But like you said it, his SA is what make the whole solo burn concept solid. post up what you have tried if you would mind sharing.