Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nishaven;classic styl Board controller but not a good contender to higher hero tiers?

Hi all, first of being very new to this game. Having being draw in to the complexity that the game offers akin to the likes of MotG, I got hooked right away. Chose Nishaven for thinking that it would playing much like a deck with direct control approach. After a few days of testing and so on and thru researches I'd found that his particularly weak against quite a few deck archetypes especially ones that are without the allies. So could anyone kindly please point me out which are the better choices, I don't particularly like the the rest of the human factor heroes. Thanks in advance, all comments are appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try Eladwen if you like Mage and as a beginner it is easier to pick up using her. Anyhow, welcome to the forum.
    “If you're reading this...
    Congratulations, you're alive.
    If that's not something to smile about,
    then I don't know what is.”

― Chad Sugg, Monsters Under Your Head

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Majiya on Shadow side is pretty decent for a mage too, though considering how new to game you say you are, you may not have enough SC for a shadow mage starter yet. I would play Eladwen until you reach 100 SC, and if you like the mage archetype, buy the shadow mage starter then. It will add to your already existing pool of mage abilities, and will allow you more leeway in making a mage deck on either side.
    Sky Warden of the Horizon
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

The Time Master Class- My first full featured class suggestion
    The Blood Mage Class- A Shadow Faction Class Suggestion
    The Tactician Class- A Human Faction Class Suggestion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks! from a neighbour, my honours. =D well, I'd thought of trying the shadow factor instead cuz of the low cost artifact and ability removal they have. what's your say? anyway, i'm running low on my crystals. LOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah, I'd chose Majiya too. After some research, the shadow factor sure have great amounts of low cost removal cards not found in the human side.
    Last edited by Geckt; 05-24-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last BuMp, my current deck have consist of only burn cards. 3Novas, 4Fireballs, 4lightning, 4rain delay, 4retreat!, 4research, 4marshland sentinels and couple other allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Marshland is a pretty poor choice, once you get up to four resources you want to be playing more burn than threats, and you'll be better off just using Elad when she comes up.

If you're looking for a decent control deck, take a look at the ZhannaX article through my sig. It's not really a beginner list, though, takes a lot of practice and whatnot, and is also on the expensive side. I'd follow what others have said here and keep testing the mages until you have a feel for them, then start experimenting with other decks.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    Marshland is a pretty poor choice, once you get up to four resources you want to be playing more burn than threats, and you'll be better off just using Elad when she comes up.

If you're looking for a decent control deck, take a look at the ZhannaX article through my sig. It's not really a beginner list, though, takes a lot of practice and whatnot, and is also on the expensive side. I'd follow what others have said here and keep testing the mages until you have a feel for them, then start experimenting with other decks.
    Thanks for the heads up slowly heading the right lane......yeah well the allies aren't much of a thinking for dealing out constant D's but it defeats the purpose of Nishaven, I'm thinking it's the lack of drawing power for a start as I'm short of some.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ToK is a solid draw engine, but you may be playing other cards (retreat and delay are two of them) that don't net you any actual card advantage. I'm not saying cut retreat, not by a long shot, just that you might want to run a BS or three if you're including more and more cards that are just -1 card.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    ToK is a solid draw engine, but you may be playing other cards (retreat and delay are two of them) that don't net you any actual card advantage. I'm not saying cut retreat, not by a long shot, just that you might want to run a BS or three if you're including more and more cards that are just -1 card.
    1ups! I'm grinding for those actually right now and they whopping mad ex, lol. I'd looked into the card list and playtesting quite a bit, now it's becoming a solo hero deck with SS's and VoW's plus an odd VT for extra punishments XD, I'd shave a ToK for 2BS's Might post again once I'd see that it gets properly tuned up. I'd liked the idea of you Achilles' Lance concept, looks smashing fun. =d
    Last edited by Geckt; 05-25-2012 at 07:07 PM.