Close

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Light0fHeaven View Post
    His biggest mistake is using LLN on ur GM..
    that was bad moves...

One quick question..
    How do u deal with another zhannas players..
    Or maybe jericho..
    I usually offer draw lol
    In priest vs priest, you actually want to slow way down and not draw too fast! The winner is usually the person with the last tidal wave. Prepare for a super long game, that will likely go on well past the point when you've run out of cards. Offering a draw is never a bad choice ;-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been trying the deck and I like it a lot. (don't take my critique personally, the Zaladar comment was more about the strength of the Z deck than the weakness of your deck, I could have phrased it better). Unfortunately I missed your replay of against a Z deck.

For me Zaladar's Mind Control is still problematic with this deck, compounded by the other tools in the Z deck. Zaladar also has a wipe with ED. And the recursive draw from two Shadow Knights is a pain. And that's not to mention the deck reshuffle with Eternal Renewal (late game, that card really kills because they get their MCs back). And Zaladar can heal with Conversion.

In terms of your deck, I really like the focus on the Sandworm, the problems I've had with other allies was the fragility, particularly from Mages. And the usefulness of the underrated Healing Touch. I've gotten to 224 with the deck but there's still heroes that are problematic, while I only cracked 214 with the previous deck.

However, I really missed the utility of Retreat!. An Oggloth that's grown because of Sacrificial Lamb or Elementalis's ability can be shrunk, a Protector's can be removed so that you can smack some of the other allies. It can also remove Crippling blow or save an ally from imminent death.

IMO, the weakness of the deck mainly revolves the early damage soaking, the relatively weak attack of the Sandworm and the lack of a disable. And like most Zhanna decks, the dependency on establishing Aeon+EP for a consistent win, with the subsequent weakness to counters like MC and Assassination, AND the dependency on a good Tidal Wave distribution.

Overall I really like the deck. My tweak has been to add 2 Retreat!s. I've also considered Raven Wildheart for the disable. Wulven are pretty easy with this deck, mages are much easier, although heavy burn decks are still a touch and go. Victor Heartstriker can also negate the tankiness of the worm and Banebow to a lesser extent.
    Last edited by Klatzy; 05-27-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The >_< moment when you lose to a 70 card Elementalis because your own damn Sandworms are clogging up the rez pile.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by reshiram99 View Post
    the >_< moment when you lose to a 70 card elementalis because your own damn sandworms are clogging up the rez pile.
    priceless...
    Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.

Rubick
    The Grand Arsenal Magus of Rosh Pit
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN|BP Rubick
    TG|@rubicklily

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    The >_< moment when you lose to a 70 card Elementalis because your own damn Sandworms are clogging up the rez pile.
    did this happen to you? I'd love to see a replay. Elementalis is no match for this deck, unless they get really lucky in the late-game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatzy View Post
    I've been trying the deck and I like it a lot. (don't take my critique personally, the Zaladar comment was more about the strength of the Z deck than the weakness of your deck, I could have phrased it better). Unfortunately I missed your replay of against a Z deck.

For me Zaladar's Mind Control is still problematic with this deck, compounded by the other tools in the Z deck. Zaladar also has a wipe with ED. And the recursive draw from two Shadow Knights is a pain. And that's not to mention the deck reshuffle with Eternal Renewal (late game, that card really kills because they get their MCs back). And Zaladar can heal with Conversion.

In terms of your deck, I really like the focus on the Sandworm, the problems I've had with other allies was the fragility, particularly from Mages. And the usefulness of the underrated Healing Touch. I've gotten to 224 with the deck but there's still heroes that are problematic, while I only cracked 214 with the previous deck. However, I really missed the utility of Retreat!. An Oggloth that's grown because of Sacrificial Lamb or Elementalis's ability can be shrunk, a Protector's can be removed so that you can smack some of the other allies, or it's can remove Crippling blow or save an ally from imminent death.

IMO, the weakness of the deck mainly revolves the early damage soaking, the relatively weak attack of the Sandworm and the lack of a disable. And like most Zhanna decks, the dependency on establishing Aeon+EP for a consistent win, with the subsequent weakness to counters like MC and Assassination, AND the dependency on a good Tidal Wave distribution.

Overall I really like the deck. My tweak has been to add 2 Retreat!s. I've also considered Raven Wildheart for the disable. Wulven are pretty easy with this deck, mages are much easier, although heavy burn decks are still a touch and go. Victor Heartstriker can also negate the tankiness of the worm and Banebow to a lesser extent.
    I appreciate your comments and analysis. I do agree that the shadow knight recursion can be a bit of a pain. If I see that starting to happen, I just try to focus on defense as much as possible with king's pride, then if you are lucky enough to get a sand worm to stick, then they can one-hit kill any shadow knights.

I'll try tweaking a few cards around to squeeze in retreat and raven to see how it goes. Generally speaking I don't find enemy fatties to be the problem here though. Usually the problem is that you either died before you really got your card draw going, or all your tidal waves were stacked near the end of your deck. If you get 1 or 2 tidals near the front, you should be in good shape. The reliance on tidal wave is paramount, and I do realize the only way around that is to put more lower cc allies in the deck to take early board control. This is exactly what dima's Zhannax deck does, but I find it just looses a lot of the fun that ghost maker and tainted oracle bring.

I think if the meta changes to much heavier zaladar, then I can make some modifications to this deck to counter it. For now, the meta is extremely mage heavy and this deck crushes mages.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi im basically joining this forum to praise this deck. Been playing this game since version 1 so ive seen all the metas come and go. The poor days gone where jericho was king. But this is my favourite deck yet! So thanks yomaster for sharing here.

I made one little tweek by adding two holy sheilds, cause they have so many ways to be played, can be as good as a healing touch in this deck and can totally crush spirits when a 1 health aeon get revived and sheilded or sheilded before a tidal wave. Check out the game i played against wtlee (maty vs wtlee) for a game changing turn around with it.

I too have been trying to find a way to merge the zhannax and dunharrow styles cause i like zhannaxs early game but so far nothings worked as well as just being patient and trusting this dunharrow deck can claw its way back and steam roll the late game
    IGN: Maty

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maty78 View Post
    Hi im basically joining this forum to praise this deck. Been playing this game since version 1 so ive seen all the metas come and go. The poor days gone where jericho was king. But this is my favourite deck yet! So thanks yomaster for sharing here.

I made one little tweek by adding two holy sheilds, cause they have so many ways to be played, can be as good as a healing touch in this deck and can totally crush spirits when a 1 health aeon get revived and sheilded or sheilded before a tidal wave. Check out the game i played against wtlee (maty vs wtlee) for a game changing turn around with it.

I too have been trying to find a way to merge the zhannax and dunharrow styles cause i like zhannaxs early game but so far nothings worked as well as just being patient and trusting this dunharrow deck can claw its way back and steam roll the late game
    welcome to the forum! I'm glad you like my deck! I have played around with holy shield and retreat over smite and so far the results are quite pleasing! One thing that's pretty cool about holy shield is that it prevents your kings pride from taking durability hits. in this way it can be a nice stall tactic while you are waiting for a tidal wave.

The early rush style of zhannax is pretty cool, but I've never been able to consistently win with it. I think for today's meta, going ghostmaker+TO is the right way to play zhanna. I'm also experimenting with removing EP and putting in raven, so we'll see how that goes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ghostmaker counters gwen hard

I don't think I've ever had all 4 of my tainted oracles out at once until this match. By the end I had 1 aeon, 1 EP, 2 sand worms, and 4 tainted oracles out at once.

If you are gwen, take note: Do not attack zhanna if she has a ghost maker in hand, unless you are sure you can close it.

see match: yomaster vs. fullahead

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've actually been watching some of your replays and noticed you included the HS, and wasn't sure what you cut in order to include those two. Do you find you miss the smites at all? So far I've found them more valuable then retreats since your trying to mill down their deck instead of giving them more stuff in hand. And smites are awesome to save and blast through a Mage behind frost armor if you've used up your item destruction on their research. Same with the ability to take out stealth enemies like Erika (even though they're uncommon in the meta)

I can also see the EP being an almost unneeded luxury and with raven you'll be able to cripple an enemy raven, brutal Minotaur and oggy, ect. However an EP behind a KP can one hit those guys regardless. Sorta seems like an either or scenario, both are good. Biggest advantage I can see in raven is to not kill but cripple a shadow knight to keep Majiya and GB from recycling them which I find a common tactic these days. But on the other hand an EP aeon combo can be auto win. Opinions there?
    IGN: Maty