Close

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 260
  1. #21
    Senior Member yomaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    157
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    Smite alone is insufficient, yes, but when combined with Sandworm and Wizent's it can kill most 4-6 life allies handily enough, and with Curse out hopefully Raven won't neuter your Sandworm in the process.

    Personally I would give a great deal of consideration to Inner Strength whenever using Sandworms with Priests, that extra damage makes them a lot more dangerous.
    That is a wonderful suggestion. I hadn't thought about adding that but it might help in the late game. However I honestly don't think my allies need more attack power. I already have Earthen protector, kings pride, and aeon which can all boost a 2/5 sand worm into a 6/7 monstrosity in a single turn.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    145
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    great, except now I can lose against Ter Adun (seriously, Fugitive woman vs cosmo K).

    same problem I have with any long-term zhanna deck: you really want a regular flow of cards because
    you sit like a sitting duck for a while, esp. against warriors with BF, and can't really do much unless
    you can reach a lot of resources (like 8 or 9), and too many things can go wrong in the meantime.
    you need nerves of steel, but I admit I'll give it a run (very nice: healing touch on incapacitated TO, but expensive).

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I'd would say the biggest counter to this deck would be mind control on Aeon. Say you get Aeon down + EP. MC kills the Aeon damages you for 3. If they have a second MC, that's now 5 damage to you. By the time you get to put both Aeon and EP down your health is probably in the 10 range. Against Zaladar he just needs to get you within 3 and you're done.

    Any thoughts on countering MC? I've only been able to beat Zaladar if they get to poverty mode, are unlucky with MC draws, or use them up on small allies.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    145
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I would have said the same: in the tier 1, Zaladar is tough, but he's tough no matter what.
    You have to kill his draw, and really save these ghostmaker I guess.

    speaking of something else, I just met a classical Lance and it's a beauty, although you have to be ready for
    a loooong game. I need a couple of zal' just to unwind now
    I've never thought about it before, but healing cards hit by Anklebreaker with healing touch is awesome !
    Assassination can be a pain though.

  5. #25
    Senior Member yomaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    157
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatzy View Post
    I'd would say the biggest counter to this deck would be mind control on Aeon. Say you get Aeon down + EP. MC kills the Aeon damages you for 3. If they have a second MC, that's now 5 damage to you. By the time you get to put both Aeon and EP down your health is probably in the 10 range. Against Zaladar he just needs to get you within 3 and you're done.

    Any thoughts on countering MC? I've only been able to beat Zaladar if they get to poverty mode, are unlucky with MC draws, or use them up on small allies.
    Never lost to Zaladar with this deck. Maybe I haven't played a good zal deck yet... I dont think I've ever lost a game once Aeon and EP are both out either! If they MC aeon, fine. Bring back EP with ghostmaker and throw up a kings pride. (granted the damage will be the same, but at least you can punch harder). then just keep up the healing and healing touches. Biggest threat to you is not losing your health, it's letting your enemy draw cards and you never get board control.

    Even if he keeps hitting you with MC, he still won't have enough resources to play a fatty, and if he does, then he won't have enough cards to keep them coming. (and if that happened, then you failed at stopping his drawing engine which is paramount to this deck's success!)

    Unless you have actually played this deck against zaladar, and lost, please don't speculate. Go ahead and try this deck out first. If you have played and lost, send me the replay so I can critique it.

  6. #26
    Senior Member yomaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    157
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo K View Post
    I would have said the same: in the tier 1, Zaladar is tough, but he's tough no matter what.
    You have to kill his draw, and really save these ghostmaker I guess.

    speaking of something else, I just met a classical Lance and it's a beauty, although you have to be ready for
    a loooong game. I need a couple of zal' just to unwind now
    I've never thought about it before, but healing cards hit by Anklebreaker with healing touch is awesome !
    Assassination can be a pain though.
    This deck shines against lance! Yes I love healing a disabled aeon after getting hit with anklebreaker. I tend to not use my focused prayers on them, but instead save it for Ill Gotten Gains! Let your tainted suicide on ankle breaker then drop a ghostmaker. Now if he attacks you, you'll get your TO back.

    and by design, this deck almost always ends up in a long game where you go through 35-40 cards per game. I personally like it like that. The rush decks are boring and require no skill or thought. This deck requires both, but when it works, it's a sight to behold.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    764
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    This deck is really really good. I made this with a few variations on the number of different cards and it works great for my first priest deck. I think there is a huge learning curve with this deck though as knowing what to sack in different situations is really important as generally end the game with 10-12 resources.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    145
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yomaster View Post
    This deck shines against lance! Yes I love healing a disabled aeon after getting hit with anklebreaker. I tend to not use my focused prayers on them, but instead save it for Ill Gotten Gains!

    and by design, this deck almost always ends up in a long game where you go through 35-40 cards per game. I personally like it like that. The rush decks are boring and require no skill or thought. This deck requires both, but when it works, it's a sight to behold.
    +1, I like long games too, they are just exhausting

    aaah killing off Lance by healing-touching your aeon is just toooo good. I had never been a big fan of EP before, but
    I sure like him with KP and behind Aeon at the same time.

    great work yomaster and thanks again for the live demo you gave me a while back !

  9. #29
    Senior Member yomaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    157
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo K View Post
    +1, I like long games too, they are just exhausting

    aaah killing off Lance by healing-touching your aeon is just toooo good. I had never been a big fan of EP before, but
    I sure like him with KP and behind Aeon at the same time.

    great work yomaster and thanks again for the live demo you gave me a while back !
    Thanks! Check out the replay of yomaster vs alexluv from today. I started with no drawing cards until turn 8, he had blood frenzy, and still won by a landslide against Boris. by the end I had a tainted at 6/5, 3 armored sandworms, aeon and EP

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    145
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    what about other classes ? moonstalker has always been a problem for me with zhanna, although he must have the worst
    draw engine of the bunch (WoTF being easily dealt with)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •