Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exhaustion after casting and attacking

I have a tiny suggestion about the exhaustion of an ally with an ability after it attacks.
    Allies like jasmine or ogloth can use their ability and attack before it is exhausted but why can't it use its ability after attacking?
    To me it makes little sense honestly, in some games i forget to use jas' ability before attacking but its already exhausted..
    It will be the same thing whether it uses its ability first or attacks first ..
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I in fact take advantage of this a lot - it means the opponent can't use jasmine's ability another ally when I have Birgette or aeon on the board.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    In other games, such as Carte, you can either attack or use ability only. So be grateful for that you have in SE.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This game draws many similarities to Portal, which was a magic variant created toward the late 90s designed as a standalone game to teach new players. And in Portal, any creature with an activated ability could only use that ability before combat.

Like this card:

I assume that this idea is what eventually led to how abilities work in SE land. One ability use and one attack use, but one has to come before the other. This restriction lets the DT easily create cards with abilities that would be easily abused otherwise, Such as Amber being able to use the last durability on a buffed weapon, then play and buff a new weapon in the same turn for stronger backattacks, tempo, and resilience to shadowspawn/RSL. And if a card specifically needs to trigger after combat to make it work, it's a simple matter to simply write on the card that it's the exception, not the rule. Remember that as someone who actually makes the game, they have the power to manipulate the rules to achieve their ends, not just work around what the rules allow. If they need an exception made and the current rules don'tr allow for it, the rules can be reworded to do what's needed without affecting already printed cards. If Magic can change their comprehensive rulebook to allow for cards with other cards printed on the back, then Shadow Era can have abilities that work after combat.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ