2 x Retreat!
    2 x Bazaar
    2 x Bad Santa
    3 x Extra Sharp
    2 x Poison Arrow / Flaming Arrow
    4 x Net Trap
    4 x Death Trap
    4 x Ley Line Nexus / Sever Ties

I'm brand new to Shadow Era, I just started today. I'm also pretty new to TCG so this deck is probably bad compared to most.

The basic idea is to try and rush while making sure your opponent can't get many allies out. However failing to rush doesn't seal your loss.

Suggestions would be appreciated!
    EDIT: Specifically help for mages, right now I only have worms for that.
    Last edited by 339; 05-20-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Edit [v1.1]

Realized I needed something to counter against powerful items. Like the OP'd Soul Seeker.

Added
    - 4x Ley Line Nexus

Deleted
    - 1x Extra Sharp
    - 2x Surprise Attack

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you're having trouble with mages, look up Spelleater Bands. They make it so that any ability damage (eg: Fireball) is negated towards your hero. I would do the following changes:

-3 Extra Sharp
    -3 Dirk
    -1 Blake
    -2 Sever Ties and 2 LLN so you can run them together (so you have 2 ST and 2 LLN in your deck instead of just 4 of one)
    -4 Net Trap

So that leaves you with 11 slots. However, I would recommend only filling 7 of those slots so you can meet the minimum 40 card deck req, and thus you will have a better probability of drawing your best cards. To fill the slots you have left, consider Birgitte, Jasmine, Soul Seeker, Spelleater Bands, more Arrows and Wrath of the Forest. I don't want to impair your deck with my thoughts too much so I'll just leave these suggestions.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    If you're having trouble with mages, look up Spelleater Bands. They make it so that any ability damage (eg: Fireball) is negated towards your hero. I would do the following changes:

-3 Extra Sharp
    -3 Dirk
    -1 Blake
    -2 Sever Ties and 2 LLN so you can run them together (so you have 2 ST and 2 LLN in your deck instead of just 4 of one)
    -4 Net Trap

So that leaves you with 11 slots. However, I would recommend only filling 7 of those slots so you can meet the minimum 40 card deck req, and thus you will have a better probability of drawing your best cards. To fill the slots you have left, consider Birgitte, Jasmine, Soul Seeker, Spelleater Bands, more Arrows and Wrath of the Forest. I don't want to impair your deck with my thoughts too much so I'll just leave these suggestions.
    Thanks for the tips!

I'll definitely be testing those out. Never really understood the usefulness of protector until now.

EDIT: How useful are the weapons and armors though if I only have 1 of each.
    Last edited by 339; 05-20-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Generally speaking, having just 1 of a card is a waste, unless you really don't want to draw it early game and use it for some niche purpose (such as Enrage). The suggestions I made aren't really to tell you to include all of the suggested cards; instead, to find the cards which fit your need more and fill up the 7 slots with them. If you find yourself lacking in the early game, trial Birgitte. Etc. My suggestions are just a list of the most beneficial cards to fill your deck with.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @339:

I think you are on the right track... Your basic plan is similar to my Blacksmith Victor post in this forum too. Victor can not reasonably deal enough damage with bows to win the game so an ally heavy strategy is where to get enough punch.

Some suggestions though:

As you are just starting out it may be difficult to get enough weapons and armor to draw them consistantly. I would drop your traps and load up on four of each arrow. This gives you a consistant return when you use victor's ability. Second, I would use poor quality for your item destruction. It works on all weapons and armor regardless of casting cost. Third, I would drop the sharps and add two more retreats. Four, initially I would use Bazaar or Bad Santa for your draw, but as you go on, accumulate enough gold to buy four wrath of the forest's for your unilateral draw engine. This can still be supplemented with Bad Santa too.

One last point on draw. With alot of allies, you may also want to consider Honored Dead. It is a Rare and will be expensive, but is a nice card as well for a deck of this type.

Good Hunting.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blake has only one HP if you play it going second it will surely die to something. That's when Birgitte comes in handy. Extra Sharp is not a good card imo. You have a lot of 2 cost allies. Remove some. For example Dirk like Reshiram suggested. Put some more 3cc ally, for example Jasmine Rosecult.