Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Looking for input on my Jerhico deck

This is the first deck I have posted to the forums, so any constructive input will be absolutely welcomed.

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....4se193.2se165

The strategy is rather simple, I sacrifice all early game presence and focus on dominating mid game. My ideal situation is to allow my opponent to deplete his hand with early allies and to use a Tidal Wave to reset the field on turn 5, giving me hand size advantage. From there it is a simple matter to gain board control and eventually go on the offensive to win the game. My allies are all chosen for their board control abilities, and I have found that I have no need for damage acceleration allies such as Aldon the Brave. Retreat is used to buy myself a free turn when they drop a big baddie, or to spot-react to a variety of game states.

Focused Prayer is used as much as possible to destroy items that draw, such as Bazaar, Tome of Knowledge, or an opponent's Wizent's Staff. This strategy does periodically backfire against weapon decks who are able to play more items than I can destroy. I find that in these situations focusing on limiting the opponent's hand is still my best move, but it is often just not enough.

The King's Pride is almost always sacrificed when I see it early, even if I have to throw away both of them. When it does come up at the right time, I keep it in my hand to be used a finisher. It is also good in close games to mitigate damage and buy myself an extra turn.

My most questionable cards are Priest of the Light and Healing Touch. Both are great situationally, but I find myself sacrificing them more often than not. If I were to replace them my thought would be to go with some combination of Bad Santa and Ley Line Nexus, as my problems typically come from weapon decks or bad draws.

I've not yet come across an archetype that I find impossible to beat, but I have found some more difficult than others. I have also been outplayed and I have been outdrawn on a regular basis. At the 220 rating range I have been maintaining a win percentage around 70%, most of my losses coming to deck archetypes I have not seen before. That leads me to believe that I am on the right track with this deck, but I need more experience and some tweaks. I would love to hear from some others who have played priests in this style.
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 05-17-2012 at 08:36 PM.