3 x Assassination
    3 x Stop Thief!
    4 x Retreat
    (10 abilities)

4 x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2 x Spelleater Bands
    4 x Anklebreaker
    (10 items)

I don't use Lance much, so there are probably better from others that use him as their main, however being so strong in this meta the deck is very effective.

There are allies for every match up. The most important part of this deck (perhaps any Lance is to not waste cards when resources. IGG can be vital to win and is your only draw card, so if able you can sit on 3 resources waiting for it summoning 3cc allies with even Ravens in hand.

With 10 items two Lily can be very helpful, especially against mages for Spelleater Bands (be careful not to bury these beneath Anklebreakers), and for IGG against Heroes with 4cc or less item destruction.

Retreat is probably the most universally used with Lance (with the draw of IGG) you can effectively use these to recycle your own allies and even haste them where needed. Great for Lily, a low HP Aeon, or disabled Raven.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    only three Stop Thief?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mclamdc View Post
    only three Stop Thief?
    Indeed. One of us is dead before a fourth is needed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you trying to get more decks posted than me?

and i dont see a reason to have just 2 nightshade. i think you should make it 4 or not use it at all. so maybe drop them and add 1 puwen and 1 jasmine. otherwise, its a very good lance deck.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I honestly think, that Stop Thief is one of the cards you should not cut. This has 2 reason.
    1. Item destruction is a winning factor in some matchups
    2. The 1 Resource you get is very important, esp. if you cannot keep your igg on board.

Your deck will definitive work like it is now, because lance is very strong in general, but there are some things that ring my in-head alert bell. e.g. you have 5 t2 drops. The 3 puwen are more aggressive than the 2 Nightshade, who normally work with solid but little damage a bit more defensive. Than you have only 5 T3 drops. That means you have only about 70% odds for playing an 3cc ally in turn 3. So that means, that your deck becomes a lot slower.
    So the question is, why you make 5 t2 drops (3 of them more aggressive) if you don't make sure to follow it up?
    What I like is that you have a lot of board control cards in this lategame orientated deck. (Retreat, assasination, Anglebreaker + lilly, Aeon + EP, Raven).

So I try to make a conclusion. I would definitive take 4 Stop Thief no matter what. Then I would decide, do you want to be more slow or faster in the early game and fit your deck to this style, Because your deck is both and nothing. If you want to play Puwen over Nightshade do it completely. Take 4 Puwen and play without Nightshade. But then also fit in more 3cc allies. If you are happy with playing defensive early (like i think your deck is mostly designed) then take 4 Nightshade, maybe black grab or potl.
    But thats up to you.

Also I was expecting Assassin's cloak and dirk by seeing the title of the deck. lol
    Last edited by painful_smile; 05-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    you trying to get more decks posted than me?

and i dont see a reason to have just 2 nightshade. i think you should make it 4 or not use it at all. so maybe drop them and add 1 puwen and 1 jasmine. otherwise, its a very good lance deck.
    I have decks for every Hero, but not quite as many good ones.

I use Nightshade for a couple of reasons. 5 T2 drops are good, and Nightshade can cause some heroes serious problems. I prefer this mix to 3 Nightshade and 2 Puwen as mage are still overused making a stealth ally with 2HP less effective until after a protector is down.

Quote Originally Posted by painful_smile View Post
    I honestly think, that Stop Thief is one of the cards you should not cut. This has 2 reason.
    1. Item destruction is a winning factor in some matchups
    2. The 1 Resource you get is very important, esp. if you cannot keep your igg on board.

Your deck will definitive work like it is now, because lance is very strong in general, but there are some things that ring my in-head alert bell. e.g. you have 5 t2 drops. The 3 puwen are more aggressive than the 2 Nightshade, who normally work with solid but little damage a bit more defensive. Than you have only 5 T3 drops. That means you have only about 70% odds for playing an 3cc ally in turn 3. So that means, that your deck becomes a lot slower.
    So the question is, why you make 5 t2 drops (3 of them more aggressive) if you don't make sure to follow it up?
    What I like is that you have a lot of board control cards in this lategame orientated deck. (Retreat, assasination, Anglebreaker + lilly, Aeon + EP, Raven).

So I try to make a conclusion. I would definitive take 4 Stop Thief no matter what. Then I would decide, do you want to be more slow or faster in the early game and fit your deck to this style, Because your deck is both and nothing. If you want to play Puwen over Nightshade do it completely. Take 4 Puwen and play without Nightshade. But then also fit in more 3cc allies. If you are happy with playing defensive early (like i think your deck is mostly designed) then take 4 Nightshade, maybe black grab or potl.
    But thats up to you.

Also I was expecting Assassin's cloak and dirk by seeing the title of the deck. lol
    I can see your point about Stop Thief, but I disagree Lance needs all 4 as much as Serena. He can maintain board presence well enough to destroy weapons and armour with allies, and so does not need as much item destruction. Anyone facing a Rogue takes one of two options depending on their deck and opening draw- Never resource any item, or always resource unless it is vital to win. Resources are less important if IGG does not stick because you will rarely have the cards to use them all. As I have not played as much with this deck than underused Heroes it would not surprise me if I needed to add the last ST later on. I may just add it on to make 41 cards as I would not like to take anything else out.

The hardest drop to get is your T2 drop and in some cases a T3 drop is dead without it, especially for Human who have only one solid option being Puwen. Rogue have an advantage in this sense also having Nightshade to increase their odds of getting something down. I may only have 5 3cc allies but I still have 4/5 2cc allies, 4 Retreat (as much for reusing friendly allies as it is for returning buffed enemy allies), and 3 Assassination if I got my 2cc drop which is needed when going second half the time.

Lance, like Eladwen, can combine control and rush strategy well which is why the deck is less specific than most, and the control allies Vs rush allies can work both ways which is why there is a large percentage of them. With the right draw you can take and never lose the board for an early victory while IGG can still recover the game if it fails. Typically you will aim to gain control from T5 onward.

T5 options (preferably after a T4 IGG):

Anklebreaker
    (Hasted) Raven, Jasmine, or EP depending on opponent Hero and allies on board.
    (Hasted) 2cc ally + assassination
    Last edited by Keaven; 05-16-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    whatever...

...(you like best :-))
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been doing pretty well with Lance so I thought I'd share and look for improvements. Lance is about:
    1) Getting board control, and
    2) Getting back board control

I always want to be playing IGG on turn 4, and usually Anklebreaker turn 5, especially if I went second. If you get an Anklebreaker to stick, the game slows down and is played differently for long enough for you to regain board control with powerful allies pumped by Lance's ability. Black Garb is useful when you play second and are facing a weenie rush.

I'm thinking of dropping the Aeon/EP combo. I've never won strictly because of these cards. I'm thinking, with the 4 slots I could run something like 2 Tainted Oracle and 2 Armored Sandworm, making my matchup against mages much better.

Can Lance beat Moonstalker? What's the strategy there, how to tech?

1 Lance

3 Jasmine
    4 Puwen
    2 Raven
    3 Aldon
    2 Earthen Protector
    2 Aeon
    4 Nightshade

3 Assassinate
    3 Stop Theif!
    4 IGG
    3 Retreat