Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wanna get into online battles but want help refining my deck.

So basically the title, I want to get into online battles but first want help refining my Moonstalker deck. (Also I'm new here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or something) So I suppose I should start off giving you my current deck,

(Old deck)
    Moonstalker x1
    Death bone x1
    Keldor x2
    Infernal gargoyle
    Brutalis x1
    Plasma behemoth x2
    Fire snake x1
    Bellladona x2
    Bad wolf x2
    Shadow knight x1
    Ogloth the glutten x1
    Pack wolf x4

Captured prey x3
    Now you're mine x2
    Speed strike x1
    What big teeth x1
    Regeneration x3
    Full moon x2
    Here be monsters x2
    Shadow spawn x2
    Shriek of vengeance x3
    Shadow font x1
    Rain delay x1

I want to replace Death bone and brutalis (because they kind of suck) with 2 more bad wolves and maybe take out the two keldors but I need to save up more money for the bad wolves. I also wanted to put in two sever ties but I need to wait for the same reason. Anyway tell me what you think whether it be good or bad, thanks.

(New deck)
    18 allies
    X4 Pack wolves
    X4 Infernal gargoyles
    X4 Bad wolfs
    X4 Shadow knights
    X2 Ogloth the glutten

23 support
    X4 Captured prey
    X3 Now you're mine
    X3 Sacrificial lambs
    X2 Ley line nexus
    X3 Shriek of vengeance
    X4 Wrath of the forest
    X2 Full moons
    X2 Sever ties

Update: -2 Ogloth
    -2 Sever ties
    -1 Shriek of vengeance
    +3 Plasma behemoths
    +1 Now you're mine
    +2 Ley line nexus
    Last edited by SilenceDogood; 05-17-2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Ease of reading

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDogood View Post
    So basically the title, I want to get into online battles but first want help refining my Moonstalker deck. (Also I'm new here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or something) So I suppose I should start off giving you my current deck,

Moonstalker x1

(21 allies) (Death bone x1) (Keldor x2) (Infernal gargoyle x4) (Brutalis x1) (Plasma behemoth x2) (Fire snake x1) (Belladona x2)
    (Bad wolf x2) (Shadow knight x1) (Ogloth the glutten x1) (Pack wolf x4)

(21 other) (Captured prey x3) (Now you're mine x2) (Speed strike x1) (What big teeth x1) (Regeneration x3) (Full moon x2)
    (Here be monster sx2) (Shadow spawn x2) (Shriek of vengeance x3) (Shadow font x1) (Rain delay x1)

I want to reaplace Death bone and brutalis (because they kind of suck) with 2 more bad wolves and maybe take out the two keldors but I need to save up more money for the bad wolves. I also wanted to put in two sever ties but I need to wait for the same reason. Anyway tell me what you think whether it be good or bad, thanks.
    You will get more specific tips for Moonstalker in the Wulven Strategy Forum. It's pretty difficult to visualise your deck. Try posting it more like this:

Death bone x1
    Keldor x2
    Infernal gargoyle
    Brutalis x1
    Plasma behemoth x2
    Fire snake x1
    Bellladona x2
    Bad wolf x2
    Shadow knight x1
    Ogloth the glutten x1
    Pack wolf x4

Captured prey x3
    Now you're mine x2
    Speed strike x1
    What big teeth x1
    Regeneration x3
    Full moon x2
    Here be monsters x2
    Shadow spawn x2
    Shriek of vengeance x3
    Shadow font x1
    Rain delay x1

You're deck lacks focus and has too many different cards in small quantities to be effectively consistent. I recommend just jumping into online battles and slowly reduce the amount of different cards you have by removing the ones you always seem to be resourcing, or the ones that never seem to achieve much in combination with the rest of your deck. Try and aim for 12-15 different cards to begin with, rather than the 22 you currently have.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK thanks, looking at it I kind of got the same impression, and by 12-15 cards do you mean ally cards or what?
    Team Juggernaut's Boastful Warrior!
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!
    Wanna see some awesome decks? See my complete deck list! (all heroes)
    Wanna be a Juggernaut? Start by applying for TJX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDogood View Post
    OK thanks, looking at it I kind of got the same impression, and by 12-15 cards do you mean ally cards or what?
    No, just total amount of different cards. It's not a preferred number on anything, but will give you a good starting point. The best thing you can do is just play matches and lose so you can figure out why. Once you have a bit of PvP experience reading the strategy forums makes a lot more sense.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm ok I think that would be a good idea, I'll put out what seems like a good deck to me so I can get some opinions on it, I'm thinking something like this maybe,

infernal gargoyle x4
    plasma behemoth x2
    belladona x3
    bad wolf x4
    ogloth the glutten x1
    pack wolf x4

captured prey x3
    now you're mine x3
    what big teeth x1
    regeneration x3
    full moon x2
    here be monsters x3
    shriek of vengeance x3
    shadow font x2
    sever ties x2
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm... looking at your cards it seems you have spread out your possible ways of winning or interfering with your opponent too much.
    The allies are fine but not the most powerful combination you can have.

3 x Here Be Monsters will not reliably come out early game, when its resource denial will be most effective. In any case it does not really mesh well with your strategy, which seems to be using ally pressure from the start (when its best to cast HBM) If you're only using it as a source of draw, there are waay better alternatives to use.
    Only 1 What Big Teeth makes it quite useless. Rarely will you draw it, and when you do it won't be doing so much.

A rule of thumb for card copy number is:
    4 copies: you want to see this card in every matchup, it is crucial to your main strategy
    3 copies: Supplements your main strategy strongly (Either to potentiate your offense or a backup plan)
    2 or less copies: Situational cards (to shore up matches your hero is naturally weak against, silver bullets against an archtype, or just cards to answer specific cards)

For a more specific guide on Moonstalker you can look here. The writer has extensive Moonstalker experience, his writeup is defeinitely worth a read
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerOfTruth View Post
    Hmm... looking at your cards it seems you have spread out your possible ways of winning or interfering with your opponent too much.
    The allies are fine but not the most powerful combination you can have.

3 x Here Be Monsters will not reliably come out early game, when its resource denial will be most effective. In any case it does not really mesh well with your strategy, which seems to be using ally pressure from the start (when its best to cast HBM) If you're only using it as a source of draw, there are waay better alternatives to use.
    Only 1 What Big Teeth makes it quite useless. Rarely will you draw it, and when you do it won't be doing so much.

A rule of thumb for card copy number is:
    4 copies: you want to see this card in every matchup, it is crucial to your main strategy
    3 copies: Supplements your main strategy strongly (Either to potentiate your offense or a backup plan)
    2 or less copies: Situational cards (to shore up matches your hero is naturally weak against, silver bullets against an archtype, or just cards to answer specific cards)

For a more specific guide on Moonstalker you can look here. The writer has extensive Moonstalker experience, his writeup is defeinitely worth a read
    Heh heh, looking back at my deck makes it look pretty bad, I had been looking at a bunch of random tidbits for the game that weren't not necessarily for moonstalker OR one deck in particular, which I now realize is a pretty big mistake, but I've been reading the link you gave me and thinking about my deck in general and here's what I'm thinking now,

18 allies
    X4 Pack wolves
    X4 Infernal gargoyles
    X4 Bad wolfs
    X4 Shadow knights
    X2 Ogloth the glutten

23 support
    X4 Captured prey
    X3 Now you're mine
    X3 Sacrificial lambs
    X2 Ley line nexus
    X3 Shriek of vengeance
    X4 Wrath of the forest
    X2 Full moons
    X2 Sever ties

Funny side note, I didn't realize shadow heros could use armor, I guess I misread "Hero armor" as "Human armor" haha... silly me.

Now I don't have all these cards so I don't know if one (or some) of the cards are completely useless with this deck, so suggestions are welcome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It definitely looks like a good starting point. You should be able to crack around a 200 rating when you get the feel for it. Even if you don't have all the cards you will earn more gold playing challenges than against the AI and you will also learn a lot more too, so by the time you can get the rest of your cards you will know how they work together. Just start subbing in the cheaper or more important cards as you go.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you may try to squeeze in a few shadow font. Moonstalkers ability is awsome for protecting your hero and allies from combat damage, nothing you can do about direct damage. your running ogloth so the sever ties is kind of a must have so im not sure what to take out. you may try a brutal minitaur instead of oggy and that would free the need for sever ties. Oggy looks awesome but he is THE attention getter and the kitchen sink will come at him. (not to say any 5cc critter doesn't get attention) but from my perspective oggy and aeon are priority one to get off the board.
    ASF

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i took a moonstalker to around 250ish
    may not be perfect but worked well for me.

19 allies
    X4 Pack wolves
    X1 Infernal gargoyles
    X4 Plasma Beast
    X3 Belladonna
    x2 Death Mage Thaddeus
    x1 Wulven Tracker
    X2 Shadow knights
    X2 Ogloth the Glutten

21 Support
    X4 Captured prey
    X3 Now you're mine
    X2 Shriek of vengeance
    x2 Regeneration
    X3 Full moons
    X2 Sever ties
    x4 Shadow Font

1 Weapon.
    x1 jewler's dream

Belladonna/wulven where my draw engines( i simply just dident own a sacrificial at the time). and shadow knight often returning itself ogloth or a plasma beast.
    and plasma beast is just awesome once you get going. the key is to use the ability at the right time and maintain board control.