Close

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"sorry, a multiplayer sync issue has been detected, please exit" = auto lose?

First off, grats to the developers for this very well made game.

As my title suggests, I'd like to know more about the error message "sorry, a multiplayer sync issue has been detected, please exit".

I encountered this several times during challenge mode against online opponents and more often then not, when its pretty clear that I'm winning. Is this an escape route that losers without the brains to win take?

Naturally I got frustrated after getting this in 6 or 7 different matches spanned over an afternoon, I mean who likes a win being taken from them right? So then next time this scenario comes up, I held on for the game to resume hopefully without the "multiplayer sync issue". When it does, we play on for a couple of turns and I suddenly get the DEFEAT screen with my damaged ranking.

Is this a known issue and is it getting a fix? Because it really takes the meaning out of online matches, ranking and all.
    Last edited by Liliyth; 03-16-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes, known issue. there's a thread with almost the exact same name. just search sync error. also, this is sometimes random, but most of the time it occurs when a player plays eternal renewal. fix will be in the update that should be coming out within a week.
    - it's so blatantly obvious i'm gonna win that they usually quit. =(. i feel like i have to hold back so they won't leave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've seen this a couple times and I just keep playing. As long as neither player leaves the game you can continue.