Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The shuffle bug doesn't exist, don't worry. There was a theory that when you just created a new deck that you have a bigger chance to get a very bad starting hand with lots of the same cards in your starting hand in the first game you start.

But really, it's more myth than proven.

Edit: Ninja'd by a ninja! -.-'
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks again. This game is surprising addictive.

Now for three specific questions (I did search these on this forum, but didn't find an answer I understood):
    1. What good is the "Rainy Delay" card? I don't understand why I would use the card when I could just wait.
    2. I get a card cast on me that prevents me from attacking, how are these removed?
    3. Is the scoring system good at matching people of like skills to battle (even at lower levels)?

That's it for now.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. Rain Delay is useful for preventing the enemies from attacking you. For example, if they have 3 allies and you have only 1, you'll probably lose that ally and take a bunch of damage. BUT! If you play Rain Delay at the end of your turn, those allies can't attack you, giving you an extra turn to play out some guys, draw some useful abilities, etc. You can also create a combo between Rain Delay (or Lay Low) and Shrine of Negatia where you get to attack while your opp cannot for several turns, which is pretty fun. You won't see Rain Delay in most high-level decks, but it definitely has its uses.

2. If you mean a card such as Rain Delay or Lay Low, they can be destroyed by Support Ability destruction such as Shriek of Vengeance or Focused Prayer. If you mean a card such as Crippling Blow or Captured Prey, you can use Sever Ties to remove it directly, or bounce the ally (such as with Retreat). Crippled allies are also common targets for Sacrificial Lamb.

3. More or less. The rating system in this game is pretty imperfect, and it's overdue for a change, but you won't tend to get matched up too far out of your skill level. Ironically, it's probably more accurate at low levels than high.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    1. Rain Delay is useful for preventing the enemies from attacking you. For example, if they have 3 allies and you have only 1, you'll probably lose that ally and take a bunch of damage. BUT! If you play Rain Delay at the end of your turn, those allies can't attack you, giving you an extra turn to play out some guys, draw some useful abilities, etc. You can also create a combo between Rain Delay (or Lay Low) and Shrine of Negatia where you get to attack while your opp cannot for several turns, which is pretty fun. You won't see Rain Delay in most high-level decks, but it definitely has its uses.
    Ah, see, that makes sense! I thought the card was referring to my allies, not my opponent's allies. It's just not that clear to me, a COMPLETE Newb!

Thanks.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No problem And just to clarify: Rain Delay actually refers to everybody's allies, both yours and your opponent's.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks everyone, so far everything is going pretty good; as of yet, I haven't lost a single game against the AI, but the last few have been close. This brings me to my next set of questions. Building my deck:

1. What is the best way to get cards? Should I spend my crystals on the same type of deck over and over, selling the ones that I already have 4 of and buying ones I want individually?
    2. Should I save my crystals for later and try to build up gold and buy cards individually?
    3. Should I bother with booster packs at all?
    4. When I do buy a pre-made pack, the merchant description says the packs come with something like 32 cards, WHY HAVE EVERYONE OF MY PURCHASES GIVEN ME HALF OF THAT?

I have been reading the posts on building good decks, but these are written for people who already understand the basics, so any really simple advice is also appreciated.

As always, thanks in advance.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hahaha

Yeah, some confusing stuff you've experienced, but it isn't a bug or so. Let me explain:

1) The best way to get cards is to buy the Elemental Starter deck and sell all the cards for gold, and then buy what you need. If you want to go for all cards you could get it through buying boosters as well, it will be a little bit costly, but it'll cost you less time. But if you do that, you should buy all cards at once. Open something like 50 boosters, and then see what you got and what you still need and sell everything of which you have more than 4. Anyway, in your case, I would just recommend buying Elemental starter decks and selling all cards that you don't need in them.
    2) Saving is okay, but you don't have to. Just make sure you have all the cards you need for one deck, and after that you can choose where you want to go from there.
    3) As mentioned in post 1, boosters are a way to get all cards, fairly quickly, though it's not the most economical way. Still it won't cost you that much more by buying boosters, only 300-400 crystals.
    4) What happens is that your screen is full, to see all cards you have to tab the big vertical button on the right to see all the cards you got with buying your starter deck. You can see all the cards you have in the merchant, and you'll notice that you will have gotten more than 16 cards after your purchase. Starter decks are all common cards, so look at those, and you'll find them easily.

Hope that helps you a bit.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks iClipse, this really helps. So basically I've been doing it right, except based on your advice, I assume the elemental pack's cards sell for more gold?

Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    4) What happens is that your screen is full, to see all cards you have to tab the big vertical button on the right to see all the cards you got with buying your starter deck. You can see all the cards you have in the merchant, and you'll notice that you will have gotten more than 16 cards after your purchase. Starter decks are all common cards, so look at those, and you'll find them easily.
    I've looked for the big tab button, but for some reason it does not show up on the Android when I try to view my new cards after a purchase and this is the only system I've bought any packs from so far. I will purchase them from my PC next time and hopefully be able to see them all - just to verify.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think somebody did the math a while ago and you get a little more from the Elemental deck, yes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In general the Shadow decks sell for slightly more than the human decks, and elemental decks sell for slightly more than the rest of the shadow decks (shadow mage is 2nd.) When buying a complete set I do 4 total of each class (split 2-2 shadow / human where applicable) then do the rest as elemental. There are a number of cards that you get 1x of in the starters. When you take in to account not having to buy them, it makes the starter pack worth slightly more than the elemental starter.

However the best approach is to use the ultimate buying spreadsheet. Depending on what you have and what you want to get, it will tell you the cheapest way of getting it. This helps a lot when you are gradually working your way towards a complete set, the advice of keep buying elemental starters is generally directed towards someone who is wanting to get a lot of cards fast (it's faster to sell 50 extra of 1 card than 5 extra of 10 cards)

Edit: Try swiping from right to left on android to get to the 2nd page of cards. A final piece of advice, only sell extra cards... You'll want to go back to your original hero at some point, it can be painful to buy back all the cards when you sold them at half price.
    Last edited by Hatts; 05-14-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel