Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question about mixing cards...

So I've mostly played SE on my iPad since I discovered it a while ago. I'm really casual, don't play much, not that good, etc. I bought a "You and a Friend" pack from the crowdsource thing, mostly just to support Wulven. I bought the "Human Warrior" and "Shadow Warrior" decks (not really knowing what was in them, just to keep things consistant).

Thing is, I'm 99% sure I won't be getting more cards because 1) I mostly play MtG, and I already spend too much money, 2) I highly doubt I will find anybody to play paper with.

So here is a question for more experienced SE players: considering I have two starters, 2 boosters, and the two packs of foil cards. Do I have enough cards to make other decks other than the "Human Warrior" and "Shadow Warrior" decks (i.e. a priest deck, etc). And if not, is it possible (even if not recommended), to mix cards (i.e. have a "Shadow Ally" in a human deck) so I can have variety? Or does that totally break the game?

I'm fine with playing the decks as they are, as I won't be playing paper much, if at all. Just curious.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sambront View Post
    So I've mostly played SE on my iPad since I discovered it a while ago. I'm really casual, don't play much, not that good, etc. I bought a "You and a Friend" pack from the crowdsource thing, mostly just to support Wulven. I bought the "Human Warrior" and "Shadow Warrior" decks (not really knowing what was in them, just to keep things consistant).

Thing is, I'm 99% sure I won't be getting more cards because 1) I mostly play MtG, and I already spend too much money, 2) I highly doubt I will find anybody to play paper with.

So here is a question for more experienced SE players: considering I have two starters, 2 boosters, and the two packs of foil cards. Do I have enough cards to make other decks other than the "Human Warrior" and "Shadow Warrior" decks (i.e. a priest deck, etc). And if not, is it possible (even if not recommended), to mix cards (i.e. have a "Shadow Ally" in a human deck) so I can have variety? Or does that totally break the game?

I'm fine with playing the decks as they are, as I won't be playing paper much, if at all. Just curious.
    You probaby won't be able to create a lot of other decks with just the boosters. If you add the bonus foils it gets a bit easier I would think.
    Mixing cards will probably be fine, just make sure to give both decks a fair chance or whatever. I will probably make 2 decks, and just balance them for eachother as we go.
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sambront View Post

If you really bought them to support Wulven and you aren't going to use them, then I suggest selling the cards on for a profit and putting that money towards MTG.

Meanwhile, you can carry on playing online, until you become hooked (which will be when the first expansion hits, of course) and then wish you had kept hold of your physical cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think the money I would get from selling my SE cards would put much of a dent in my MtG spending. I'm keeping the cards...just like I kept the few boosters of Hetacomb I bought. It's nice to look at them once in a while.

If I spent more money on them, things would be different. But since I only spent $20, it doesn't bother me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm keeping the cards...just like I kept the few boosters of Hetacomb I bought. It's nice to look at them once in a while.
    Could I interest you in a few original "Rage" starter boxes? :P