Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The merchant will gray out all the cards that you can't use due to not having the right heroes to go with them, but the merchant also has a limited "stock," so to speak. It's sort of a strange system, but the merchant can actually run out of cards. It starts off with a supply of all of them, and as people buy/sell its inventory changes. But because more people buy than sell, a lot of cards eventually sell out, so every few months they reset the merchant, and we call this the merchant getting "restocked." So possibly the merchant had sold out of a lot of cards, and now it's restocked, so you're seeing new ones that weren't there before.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Though, when the merchant restocks, the prizes don't reset. They go up every time he has to restock on a card and when it has run out I think.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks again.

Next set of questions (concepts):

I've spent all my time concentrating on my Shadow Mage hero and have a some pretty good cards. I'm level 7 now and wanted to try my Human Mage, which I have some good cards for as well, though not as many. But, I don't have any experience with the Human Mage, so when I try to play her against level 7 enemies (I don't know the difference, but they are harder), I get my butt kicked. No big deal, because it doesn't cost me anything (this is against the AI because I'm still trying to learn this system and the different cards, remember I am completely new to this genre of games). Out of a bunch of games (enough to get to level 7), I've lost only three or four.

So.....

If each hero doesn't have its own separate experience pool (eg, if I buy a new hero, that hero has the same XP as the rest of my account), why do I want to collect all the cards for this one account? I'll just keep getting my butt kicked until I get a good deck for the hero deck I don't usually play, but to get a good deck, I need to play the hero I'm used to playing so I can get gold and crystals to improve the hero's deck I'm trying to improve. This means my entire account will level. The hero decks I don't have experience with, or a good deck for, get further behind.

In other words, wouldn't it be easier to have a separate account for common decks (like mages in one account and warriors in another account, or humans in one and elementals in another) or one account per hero?

I hope this makes sense! I guess I'm missing a concept here seeing as I've never collected cards for TCGs. Shame too, it's been a long time since I've had this much fun and I haven't even played another person yet.
    Last edited by Trasd; 06-01-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasd View Post
    Thanks again.

Next set of questions (concepts):

I've spent all my time concentrating on my Shadow Mage hero and have a some pretty good cards. I'm level 7 now and wanted to try my Human Mage, which I have some good cards for as well, though not as many. But, I don't have any experience with the Human Mage, so when I try to play her against level 7 enemies (I don't know the difference, but they are harder), I get my butt kicked. No big deal, because it doesn't cost me anything (this is against the AI because I'm still trying to learn this system and the different cards, remember I am completely new to this genre of games). Out of a bunch of games (enough to get to level 7), I've lost only three or four.

So.....

If each hero doesn't have its own separate experience pool (eg, if I buy a new hero, that hero has the same XP as the rest of my account), why do I want to collect all the cards for this one account? I'll just keep getting my butt kicked until I get a good deck for the hero deck I don't usually play, but to get a good deck, I need to play the hero I'm used to playing so I can get gold and crystals to improve the hero's deck I'm trying to improve. This means my entire account will level. The hero decks I don't have experience with, or a good deck for, get further behind.

In other words, wouldn't it be easier to have a separate account for common decks (like mages in one account and warriors in another account, or humans in one and elementals in another) or one account per hero?

I hope this makes sense! I guess I'm missing a concept here seeing as I've never collected cards for TCGs. Shame too, it's been a long time since I've had this much fun and I haven't even played another person yet.
    You could look at it that way, but as you level up you'll get more and more gold every match, and you'll eventually get 40 gold a game, that and you won't need to buy neutral, human, and shadow cards again, so I would say its probably better to keep it to one account (as far as collecting cards faster) but I'm no expert so I could be wrong.
    Team Juggernaut's Boastful Warrior!
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!
    Wanna see some awesome decks? See my complete deck list! (all heroes)
    Wanna be a Juggernaut? Start by applying for TJX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDogood View Post
    You could look at it that way, but as you level up you'll get more and more gold every match, and you'll eventually get 40 gold a game, that and you won't need to buy neutral, human, and shadow cards again, so I would say its probably better to keep it to one account (as far as collecting cards faster) but I'm no expert so I could be wrong.
    I agree.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDogood View Post
    OK, that sounds reasonable, but any suggestions on building my other decks (the ones I'm not used to playing)? I'm thinking plugging away at the AI until I think the deck is good enough for PvP.... If I have only one account (maybe another for testing purposes), I don't see much of an alternative.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your deck doesn't need to be good enough for PvP. Just play and enjoy it. I know that the first time I played a PvP game, I was completely shocked, because it wasn't a one sided slaughter fest like I imagined. I lost, but it was quite a fair fight, and it was fun. That's how it's supposed to be. So just, play one PvP game and go from there.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also remember that your first game you'll be at 0 rating, so it's not like you'll find your first match is against someone in the top 20 ranking or something like that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will be posting my deck soon, just wanted to let those helping me to know I didn't disappear, but had to reinstall my desktop OS. I'm just now getting back online, though I still have to re-tweak my system - ahh, sooo many setting.
    Last edited by Trasd; 06-20-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Deck Advice

OK folks, here is my deck:
    Majiya 1
    Deathbone 3
    Brutalis 3
    Belladonna 3
    Bad Wolf 3
    Carniboar 3
    Molten Destroyer 3
    Fireball 3
    Poison Gas 2
    Engulfing Flames 2
    Tome of Knowledge 3
    Portal 3
    Here Be Monsters 3
    Shriek of Vengeance 3
    Dome of Energy 3

I'm pretty happy with it, except when my opponent has some kind of armor, weapon, etc. that I need to take care of, other than an item or support (I can usually destroy these cards with Shriek of Vengeance, which I thought would help me with weapons and armor cards when I first bought it). This is what I find to be my weakest area. I have still only lost 2 or 3 games, but they are getting increasingly close as I get higher in level (I am level 8 now). I still have not played a real person, and I doubt I will any time soon as life is increasing hectic around here. Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames were great at lower levels (and why I was playing with a 41 card deck as I kept only 2 each of these) but now it may be time to replace these 4 cards with 3 cards of something I can use to help me against armor and such.

I am also not really too happy with Brutalis either, but I can't find any low-cost card to replace him.

Also, should I be investing in armor and or weapons for myself about now? If so, which?

I look forward to tweaking my deck, but I have no ideas of where to go from here so, as usual, any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Trasd; 06-24-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Trasd