Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

boris deck! opinions and suggestions welcome

Hey everyone I have been messing around with my boris deck a little tonight. Here is what I have at the moment. Just looking for any suggestions to improve it. Thanks for any help!

1x Boris

3x Dirk Saber
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Birgitte skullborn
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Tainted Oracle
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x War Banner
    3x Enrage
    4x Crippling Blow
    2x Rampage (considering removing these)
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Bad Santa
    1x The King's Pride
    4x Jeweler's Dream

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    bump

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -3 Dirk
    -2 warbanner
    -2 enrage
    -2 TO(You already have BS and BF)
    -1 or 2 Crippling Blow
    Your deck seems rush oriented at first glance due to the presence of a lot of 1-2 cc cards and this can cost you games as you lack 4-5cc essential during mid-game..and what is Jeweler's Dream doing without Jasmine?..
    Jasmine is a must have card in every warrior deck and combos extremely well with JD..
    So i would suggest you add the following:
    +3-4 Jasmine
    +2 Sandworm(Anti Mage)
    +2 Earthen Protector(High damage and can almost guarantee you wins when you used with Aeon)
    +3 Smashing Blows

That's all I can think of now..Hope it helped..
    Cheers!..
    Last edited by Speed Freak; 05-11-2012 at 05:38 AM.
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with speed freaks assessment, also you don't want to run 1 Kings pride, run 2(so that you can sack one early) or none at all. I find that it is most effective when using kris in your deck so I would just remove it. definitely add the sandworms, I would even add 3 as it is so important with the mage match up which you run into often.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi.
    first of all, your deck, doesn't look too bad. But in some points you go for a overkill.
    So let's start very general in analyzing Boris. In the best case, you get board control early and keep it through the entire game using your ability go kill small allies and disable or your allies to kill the big ones.
    Allies:
    So this part of your deck:
    3x Dirk Saber
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Birgitte skullborn
    3x Aldon the Brave
    looks fine. I would suggest getting Jasmin in there too, because Jasmin is a queen in holding board control. Dirk Saber is also an excellent choice there making a t2 drop almost guaranty and the ambush will help you against fatties and anglebreaker.
    Aeon is the King of board control and protects your other allies. So having 2 of them is fine, too.
    Only problem I see in your ally list is against direct damage. Lightning strike will really hurt you, cause you don't have enough 4 health allies. But a Birgitte on the board is rly good for preventing it. So another reason why you should add some Jasmin.

Draw:
    4 BF is a must for most Warrior decks indeed. So no question about it. You also have 2 TO and 2 Bad Santa. About the TO in this deck i'm not sure. Ofc he is another ally, so you can buff him with warbanner, king's pride and aldon, but still I think you don't need it.
    Because if you have your BF, your draw is quite ok to work with. You also have some high cc drops, so I think BS and TO are only in this deck for emergency draw if you don't get the BS. For this the better choice is adding 1 more Bad Santa and take out the 2 TO.

Healing / Sustain
    In this category you have 3 enrage and 2 Rampage and this is imo a bit overkill. Your deck is designed to make a lot of damage quickly and to keep board control all the time.
    If your opponent (e.g. lance, zhanna, etc.) can lock the board once, you lost the game, no matter how much health you have.
    So you don't need the Rampage at all.
    Having Enrage in a Warrior deck is not bad. I think you can try without, but if you really want to have it, i would suggest taking 2 copies. So why 2? 3 is too much, because you only cast Enrage 1 time. Ok now you might think, well if he removes it with server ties its good to have another Enrage but thats wrong. Good player will use Server ties only at the end, if you have 11 health or less as a 10 damage nuke. So why then not just 1 copy? I think 1 copy is not enough, because if you get it early, you want to sac it. Its nearly impossible to carry a card, you got early through the entire game. So what I would say, take 0 or 2 copies of enrage. I suggest try out 0. And if there are a lot of games, where you have board control at the end and just lose to death race,
    you can pack them in again.

Buffing cards:
    Buffing cards synergy very well with your deck. So having Aldon, Warbanner and King's Pride in your deck, is fine.
    I just would reschedule the numbers. 4 Warbanner is too much and 1 Kings pride too less. 3 Aldon is fine.
    What i would do is: 2 Warbanner and 3 Kings pride. Why this? Kings pride is better and gets destroyed more likely. Its also harder to destroy a Warbanner than a King's pride (because most decks run some LLN)
    Also with 3 KP, you can sac one if you get it on the start hand.

Board control cards:
    Ok here you have not enough. With only 4 CB every Aeon drop will just kill you. So what i would to is 3-4 Retreat and 3-4 CB.
    Thats up to you.

Weapons:
    JD is an excellent weapon. The 1 damage is not important for you, but the 2 extra resources can rly help you. So if there is room
    its never wrong to let them in your deck. But they are not a must-have as it is in an amber deck. So even if we have enough place for them, 3 are enough.

Item Destruction
    There is no item destruction in your deck. The question is, do you need it? I would say yes, because some opponent will just destroy you without item destruction. Gwen, Amber, Priest. So having 3 Smashing blow would be good.

Ok to finish this analysis, here is the summery:
    +2 KP
    -2 Warbanner
    -2 Rampage
    +3 retreat (or +4 retreat and -1 CB, just about 6-7 board control cards)
    -3 Enrage
    -2 TO
    +1 BS
    +4 Jasmin
    +3 smashing blow

So lets now look how many cards we have then. 44-45 if i count correctly! That size is not acceptable. So you need to cut the JD then to have a decent deck size.
    so -4 JD.

I hope this helps.
    (I'm not a native speaker, so there might be a lot of mistakes in this. But i think, you can see over it.)
    Last edited by painful_smile; 05-11-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory