Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see... haha too much MTG I guess. In MTG destruction and damage effects are different. Separating the two effects allows much more versatility in card design though.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    If it can't be damaged it cant die. An interesting test would be to drop holy shield on Earthen then kill an ally, see if it still works as normal.
    The ally would just die I think, it doesn't come back, coz EP didn't die.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Can be damaged" is to avoid Aeon+earthen protector+holy shield combo. Try it on EP, your ally will jut die.
    "Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers."

Fuzer - Defender of the Faith
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Cards like supernova and tidal wave will still kill it as they do not target anything, they have a blanket effect that takes out the board. Believe me, Kent knows what he's talking about.
    Oh, that's why they are so powerful.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heh, now I get the name thanks for the insight Unruler.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just to simplify their explanations, just because the ally is hiding behind protector does not make it immune to damage. It just means it cannot be targeted, which is different. Cards like Tidal wave don't target anything, they simply wipe the board.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by juice prime View Post
    Earthen Protector when used with a protector as an ability. Earthen Protector says "when a friendy ally is killed while earthen protector is alive and can be damaged, that ally is returned to play with +2 base attack and +2 health, and Earthen Protector is killed." The only problem with this is that Earthen Protector can not ever be damaged with a card with the protector attribute on it since Earthen Protector doesn't have the protector ability. Any card you kill with protector comes back incredibly strong for this reason regardless of what you do. The only way to not have this happen is to not attack any allies the rest of the game. I've seen a number of players using this exploit and a few admitted to knowing it. Most recently was 78Deathstrike. Please fix this so bad players like this guy can't have ratings of 237 unless they learn to play within the constructs of the game and. Knowingly using such a strong glitch ruins the game for others.
    Rating =/= skill.

Anyway, yeah works as intended. "Ruining the game" as you so keenly wanted to mention it hasn't happened and the competitive scene is still going strong even when 100% of the players there pretty much know about it.

Play Aeon -> Play EP -> Play Ghostmaker and revive EP whenever it resurrects Aeon -> GG.

Do that and you win games... If you can.
    Last edited by Airact; 05-08-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Rating =/= skill.

Anyway, yeah works as intended. "Ruining the game" as you so keenly wanted to mention it hasn't happened and the competitive scene is still going strong even when 100% of the players there pretty much know about it.

Play Aeon -> Play EP -> Play Ghostmaker and revive EP whenever it resurrects Aeon -> GG.

I can! Thats my deck about. Funny deck
    "Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers."

Fuzer - Defender of the Faith
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Rating =/= skill.

Then a retereat and an armor and you lose.

It is a good combo but work only whit a small numbers of heros

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You are talking about very limited cards to do anything. The Tidal Wave arguement is a joke. The card says "can be damaged" so the whole "return it to the owners hand" or "just use tidal wave to kill everything" goes away from the card's text of can be damaged. Until you can show me a card that is a neutral ability to do damage to it, not return it or kill everything on the board, then your arguement is wrong. Very simple, the card should have protector on it or be able to be damaged...thus the card reading "when it can be damaged". Anyone defending this obviously wins with the "exploit" or grossly OP effect than anyone who can separate themselves from their deck can realize. Either change the cards text to make it actually say what it does and nothing adverse, or nerf the card and allow it to do as it says. Very simple, same reason why magic bans certain OP cards from tournaments. These cards aren't in physical form yet so it's an easy fix.