Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

huge exploit with earthen protector [it is a bug]

Earthen Protector when used with a protector as an ability. Earthen Protector says "when a friendy ally is killed while earthen protector is alive and can be damaged, that ally is returned to play with +2 base attack and +2 health, and Earthen Protector is killed." The only problem with this is that Earthen Protector can not ever be damaged with a card with the protector attribute on it since Earthen Protector doesn't have the protector ability. Any card you kill with protector comes back incredibly strong for this reason regardless of what you do. The only way to not have this happen is to not attack any allies the rest of the game. I've seen a number of players using this exploit and a few admitted to knowing it. Most recently was 78Deathstrike. Please fix this so bad players like this guy can't have ratings of 237 unless they learn to play within the constructs of the game and. Knowingly using such a strong glitch ruins the game for others.
    Last edited by juice prime; 05-08-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Earthen Protector can be damaged by Super Nova, Evil Ascendant, Ice Storm, Tidal Wave, so it's not a glitch, And it's not easy to make Aeon/Earthen combo works, you can still retreat Aeon and kill EP, or kill Aeon and Assassinate him after he come back in the same turn, or...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by juice prime View Post
    Earthen Protector when used with a protector as an ability. Earthen Protector says "when a friendy ally is killed while earthen protector is alive and can be damaged, that ally is returned to play with +2 base attack and +2 health, and Earthen Protector is killed." The only problem with this is that Earthen Protector can not ever be damaged with a card with the protector attribute on it since Earthen Protector doesn't have the protector ability. Any card you kill with protector comes back incredibly strong for this reason regardless of what you do. The only way to not have this happen is to not attack any allies the rest of the game. I've seen a number of players using this exploit and a few admitted to knowing it. Most recently was 78Deathstrike. Please fix this so bad players like this guy can't have ratings of 237 unless they learn to play within the constructs of the game and. Knowingly using such a strong glitch ruins the game for others.
    Sorry man it's not an exploit or a bug or anything. It's a valid strategy, dropping an Earthen Protector behind a Protector (most commonly Aeon).

EDIT: Ninja'd by Kent and his superior explanation!
    Last edited by Preybird; 05-08-2012 at 04:21 AM.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not exactly man. It says damage. So if you have no means to damage him, than the effect should not take place. If a protector is blocking him for being able to be dealt damage, than he CANNOT take damage. Earthern Protector is not selectable with instant kill moves or damaging spells like fireball or a heroes direct damage, only the protector is. This is all well and good, but it prevents the Earthen Protector for being able to take damage. The card says if Earthen Protector CAN take damage, if a protector doesn't allow it, than it CANNOT. This is simple. It doesn't say whipe out all enemies (tidal wave). It says IF it CAN be damaged. So yes, it's a bug...don't use evil ascendant as a viable solution either. 1 damage every turn to kill a 6 health ally? i'm sure no other allies will die before that one... It isn't a viable strategy, just read the card carefully.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cards like supernova and tidal wave will still kill it as they do not target anything, they have a blanket effect that takes out the board. Believe me, Kent knows what he's talking about.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it can be damaged man, but not from conventional ways, the protector ability only states that ally without protector can't be targeted, if you find a way to deal damage or to kill without targetting you can kill an earthen protector traspassing the protector attribute

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's being used exactly as intended as far as I can tell. It's something you need to have a plan for In order to deal with it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like someone who doesn't know the meaning of ally removal... If your opponent managed to get an 11 resource combo on the board without you doing ANYTHING, he almost freaking deserves to win.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the main point brought up by the OP has been addressed. However something just caught my eye.

Earthen Protector's rules text says "when a friendy ally is killed while earthen protector is alive and can be damaged, that ally is returned to play with +2 base attack and +2 health, and Earthen Protector is killed."

Why does the text include the part about "can be damaged"? Maybe its a way for the programming to implement the ability. Upon the death of another ally the programme deals enough dmg to the EP to kill it in order to bring up the "sacrifice of the EP" effect. In any case it seems like an irrelevant line of text at the moment.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it can't be damaged it cant die. An interesting test would be to drop holy shield on Earthen then kill an ally, see if it still works as normal.