Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by juice prime View Post
    You are talking about very limited cards to do anything. The Tidal Wave arguement is a joke. The card says "can be damaged" so the whole "return it to the owners hand" or "just use tidal wave to kill everything" goes away from the card's text of can be damaged. Until you can show me a card that is a neutral ability to do damage to it, not return it or kill everything on the board, then your arguement is wrong. Very simple, the card should have protector on it or be able to be damaged...thus the card reading "when it can be damaged". Anyone defending this obviously wins with the "exploit" or grossly OP effect than anyone who can separate themselves from their deck can realize. Either change the cards text to make it actually say what it does and nothing adverse, or nerf the card and allow it to do as it says. Very simple, same reason why magic bans certain OP cards from tournaments. These cards aren't in physical form yet so it's an easy fix.
    Every class can deal with it in their own way:

Warriors: Crippling Blow to slow down Aeon, ping it dead. Logan can one-shot Aeon, Humans can Retreat Aeon to smack down Earthen.
    Rogues: Assassinate, anyone?
    Priests: Aforementioned Tidal Wave.
    Mages: Supernova kills the Earthen, then a FB or LS to finish off Aeon.
    Wulven: They just flat out ignore it, stalling with either MS' ability or Rain Delay/Full Moon for DC.
    Hunters: Death Trap, Arrows, Soul Seeker.
    Elementals: Ummmm..... Mind Control?

There you go. Plenty of valid strategies for dealing with the EP+Aeon combo. If it were a broken combo, Priests would RULE this meta.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You are talking about very limited cards to do anything. The Tidal Wave arguement is a joke. The card says "can be damaged" so the whole "return it to the owners hand" or "just use tidal wave to kill everything" goes away from the card's text of can be damaged. Until you can show me a card that is a neutral ability to do damage to it, not return it or kill everything on the board, then your arguement is wrong. Very simple, the card should have protector on it or be able to be damaged...thus the card reading "when it can be damaged". Anyone defending this obviously wins with the "exploit" or grossly OP effect than anyone who can separate themselves from their deck can realize. Either change the cards text to make it actually say what it does and nothing adverse, or nerf the card and allow it to do as it says. Very simple, same reason why magic bans certain OP cards from tournaments. These cards aren't in physical form yet so it's an easy fix.
    Luls. Nova, ice storm, etc can damage EP, then the text card is right. Dont go that mad bro.
    "Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers."

Fuzer - Defender of the Faith
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your idea for wulven is to straight up ignor it? haha yeaaaah, great plan bro. I'm sure that is exactly what the developers were thinking when they wrote the card up hahaha. Regardless, most of these strategies do not work. Aeon will not allow you to directly target Earther Protector so Mind Control doesn't work, arrows will not work either. I use an elemental deck, there is no viable solution. Everyone can say it works properly, unless they actually read the card, but if you are going to list specific strategies, at the very least test them before you post them. The Tidal Wave and retreat strategies defeat the text of the card (key words can damage, not can kill everything) and the direct attacks you mentioned do not work since you cannot target them. It's either working incorrectly or way too OP, especially if someone 1468 posts lists 2 strategies that do not work and two that go against the arguement of the card specifying damage. Not picking on you preybird, but if you can't have a way to damage it with every class (or even deal with it) then it's not working right.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow fuzer, could you be any less educated? Don't type without reading...can be damaged is what the card says, if there are no ways to damage it, then it cannot be damaged. Ice storm is your answer? 1 way for priests to hit it for a massive 2 damage...then, if it kills something else with that 2 damage, it brings that unit back even though EP was damaged. Nova, sweet for a mage...you solved the issue, nice man...great way to know one spell for one class. Don't respond here unless you have something legit to post, not some lame, partial answer so you can see yourself type some words and act like you know anything about the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your idea for wulven is to straight up ignor it? haha yeaaaah, great plan bro. I'm sure that is exactly what the developers were thinking when they wrote the card up hahaha. Regardless, most of these strategies do not work. Aeon will not allow you to directly target Earther Protector so Mind Control doesn't work, arrows will not work either. I use an elemental deck, there is no viable solution. Everyone can say it works properly, unless they actually read the card, but if you are going to list specific strategies, at the very least test them before you post them. The Tidal Wave and retreat strategies defeat the text of the card (key words can damage, not can kill everything) and the direct attacks you mentioned do not work since you cannot target them. It's either working incorrectly or way too OP, especially if someone 1468 posts lists 2 strategies that do not work and two that go against the arguement of the card specifying damage. Not picking on you preybird, but if you can't have a way to damage it with every class (or even deal with it) then it's not working right.
    Play a good Wulven player and you'll understand what I mean when I say ignore it. Try Drakkon, or CodeDomination. Watch as they shut you down good.

And not all the strategies I've listed are designed to kill the Earthen Protector. Mind Control Aeon, Protector dies, Aeon comes back. Guess what? Another Mind Control. That's 8 damage to the enemy hero, plus their combo in tatters. Assassinate, same thing. Follow up with an Anklebreaker on the buffed Aeon and it's game over for them. Sometimes yes, you NEED to kill Aeon first, but big deal.

Really, you need to get out there and play a few dozen games. If this combo were OP EVERYONE would be playing Priests (as mentioned in my previous post), as they have access to Ghostmaker to return EP. Is Priest seen in QM (especially 250+)? Hardly ever. In Tournaments? Even less often. You want to know three major heroes that are seen in Tournament, especially lately? Zaladar, Majiya, Moonstalker. NONE of them can run this combo, yet they (especially Zal and Maj) DOMINATE the tournament scene.

I don't appreciate being laughed at. I know what I'm talking about, as do the other guys here providing you HELP in shutting this combo down.

This is the last I'll say on this matter.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ juice prime:

-When EP states "can be damaged" it means that EP has to be in a state in which it can take damage. Being protected by an ally does not make it immune to damage. If an ally dies, and EP is immune to damage (example: Holy Shield) then his effect will not trigger and the ally will die while EP lives on. Just as added info, in shadow era, the key word kill means: "Dealing enough damage to bring it to 0 life". I think you are simply confused by what that specific part of the text is referring too.

-You're also confusing killing EP without it using it's effect and dealing with it as one and the same thing. If he's hiding behind a Protector (just for the sake of it, we'll say Aeon) and you don't have an ability to kill or damage all allies, you'll have to get rid of Aeon in order to deal with EP. For humans, they can use retreat to get rid of Aeon and then go after EP, or Kill Aeon twice like most classes have to do. You mentioned Elementals. I play a TON of Elementalis. I've dealt with this combo before, I simply killed Aeon, then used Mind Control. Alternatively, I've used Energy Discharge to destroy everything. The strategies that Preybird has brought up can deal with the combo viably with the rest of the classes.

Hopefully that explains everything clearly and know that the card is working correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see where this is starting to head, so I think I'll lock the topic before things get any worse. If anyone wishes to continue the discussion on how to deal with the Protector + EP combo, please create a topic in the General Discussion or Strategy sections of the forums.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel