Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Started playing Banebow can u give me sum tips on my deck/strat plz?

Hello Community
    This is my first post in this Forum btw , i started to play the game 1.5 weeks ago and i like it a lot, but hate the disconnects and free loses i get sumtimes :/

anyway i started with Boris Skullcrusher but somehow i wanted to play a Hunter so i decided to play Banebow because i like his ability..
    this is my current deck: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....4se043.2se058

As u can see, i think i lack sum earlygame power (lvl1/2 cards) for early pressure but i dislike brutalis cause he gets very useless very fast imo and the firesnake i dislike even more i see it as a wasted card in most cases cause i got no chance to upgrade her or anything.. i Used to play with 4 carnibear cards so i could at least stack 1 of them in the begin but i felt like mostly u dont really get the stacks on it if the enemy plays clever.
    So what i try to do is wait till i got 3 resources and 3 shadowenergy and start out with gargoyl/badwolf, if the enemy plays lvl 1/2 cards i try to disable them with poison arrow/fire arrow then finish them of with banebows ability.. this works very nic ein most cases. Sometimes i take a bunch of dmg untill lvl 3 when the enemy player plays 3 offensiv cards but i feel like i got the advantage as soon as i can play my lvl3-x cards and destroy his whole offensiv cards..
    so when it comes to 4th round i either play belladonna for free draw or wrath of the frorest (for the same reason ofc).. then i play what i feel is best for the situation.. i also feel like my lvl 5/6 warrior cards arent casual hunter cards but i like the shadow knight card because you can regain ur beloved warrior cards from the gravyard.. the ogloth card i like because it somehow synergizes with wrath of the forest vs mages.. if your warriors are killed u get the free draw for each and the stacks on ogloth.. the minotaurus i took into the deck because i lacked some lategamepower for long matches.. golden katar for def-mode, soul seeker for agressiv play/liferege and the deathtrap whenever i got the resources to put 1 in play.

Last game i would have won easily but y deck was too small-> i got out of cards when the enemy had 15 cards left so i lost in the end.. now what do you think of the deck/playstyle? As i said i just started with the game.. maybe my thoughts are completly wrong so dont be shy to correct me please

Cheerz 2chilled

edit: and sorry for my english/grammer etc..^^

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I admit I didn't read your whole post. I stopped after I read that you don't like brutalis. Going second vs human brut is really powerful tool to get the board back. A t2 brute followed by a T3 deathmage and BB ability takes out their T3 drop. He will get that ping that you need often to finish off a poisoned ally before he is able to attack again. He is also great to sac late game or use with a sacrificial lamb (especially if you have a wrath of the forest) so he still has his uses.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks for your opinion would you suggest to pick 4 brutalis cards and 4 deathmages in the deck then and maybe 2 sacrifical lambs? these would be +10 cards.. what cards would you take out then?

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    take out bella and bad minotaur for sure. i dont play traps with BB . I also dont see the benefit of 1 tracker and maybe your surprise attack would be a good use on a brute late game...

I hesitate to give more advise because I want to turn your deck into mine lol. Just play around with it and have fun!
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. It's a fairly decent foundation, but something about it looks a bit out of whack. To me it looks like too many traps & arrows in total. Best way to tune it would be to simply play it to death before making any changes. At least 50 matches or so.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What chanson said is good advice, brute and death mage make a great team in a banebow deck.

3-drop count is a little high, i suggest you make room by taking out death traps (they don't work very well with wrath of the forest; replace them by death mages) and -1 bad wolf wouldn't hurt your consistency too much either.

Also, soul seeker is much better than golden katar.

Bella is only great vs humans ('cause you can get rid of allies first that would kill her too easily), you don't need 4 and that gives you room for a little more experimentation.

What you are lacking is item destruction - without say 2 shrieks you'll end up losing a few because can never take down your opponent's draw engine and without say 2 ley line nexus you'll end up losing a few more (due to armors like snow sapphire and also some great 5cc weapons like soul seeker or anklebreaker).
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If anybody knows Banebow, it's Sisyphos. Trust me
    A1 Vitality
    A1's Assassin

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What I've learned from playing Banebow: If you beat a Lance, consider yourself lucky. As much as I hate saying that, it shouldn't happen. And yes, I hate saying that A LOT.

If you do beat Lance with Banebow, congrats I think you found a new t1 deck because tbh if Lance can be beaten, Priests can be beaten as well. And everything else isn't that big of a problem.

Anyway, from what I've been playing BB: You need a lot of consistent draw. WotF is great but as a only draw engine it will just get killed by three million different things so it's not consistent. Use something else that nets you cards with little to no loss with it and you should be fine. Ally based draw has it's problems.

I agree with what Sisyphos wrote: Item destruction, have it. Personally I run 3x both Shriek and LLN but that might be remnants from the time where I seriously tried to beat Lance with BB.

3x Shriek, 3x SK and MillMS cries.
    Last edited by Airact; 05-08-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sacrificial Lamb also makes a nice unilateral draw option, especially on top of WotF.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I agree with what Sisyphos wrote: Item destruction, have it. Personally I run 3x both Shriek and LLN but that might be remnants from the time where I seriously tried to beat Lance with BB.

3x Shriek, 3x SK and MillMS cries.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I would not try to play BB again without 3 lln/3 shriek or at least 2 lln/4 shriek (this is assuming you also have draw power).