Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cannot login on Mac... only Online

I'm running version 1.504 on my Mac and cannot login anymore. I constantly get the message "Error contacting Server. Please try again."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you tried uninstalling, restarting, and then reinstalling the Mac client? I presume this is with the Mac client and you're not playing on the web version on your Mac.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Of course... Deleted the old version and all traces... downloaded the new version from the net... it just doesn't want to login to the server.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does the web version work fine or are you getting the same thing? The game servers are hosted by Amazon so if you reside in a country that blocks Amazon, such as Iran I believe, this would be the cause. But from what you said, I presume you were able to login fine previously?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The web version works fine. I'm in Germany, so shouldn't be blocked. At times I'm on a VPN through America, but even if that's off the service doesn't work. All versions up to 1.5 were fine... only the latest update caused problems. I've not been able to log on since. The web version works fine, so it's not a problem with the password or the service... rather the app itself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe there's a firewall, perhaps a part of your antivirus program, that's preventing the desktop client from connecting? v1.5 connects fine on my Macbook Air.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Maybe there's a firewall, perhaps a part of your antivirus program, that's preventing the desktop client from connecting? v1.5 connects fine on my Macbook Air.
    Yes, a firewall or your provider is blocking a specific port. I forgot how to test it using a prompt... anadolt, good troubleshooting for later: look up which port the app uses, etc. Technical info like this may be important.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The desktop client also uses TCP port 80 so I don't think it's the port. Firewalls can block programs from accessing the internet in general and this is more likely than port 80 being specifically blocked.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm running LittleSnitch and have for ages. ShadowEra worked fine in previous versions and the setting for the app is to "allow all connections," so it definitely isn't a firewall problem. I guess I've to wait for the next update to see if the problem persists. If I'm the only one reporting this issue it might have to do with my laptop.