Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticbrain View Post
    I think the original poster is perfectly within his rights to be upset that Wulven is not being more forthcoming about when we can expect these cards. We gave them our money in TRUST. They keep saying it ships "in early May." They are obviously trying to stretch that to its limit to get more money. But how much money is worth the goodwill they are losing with the players?
    It's simply not good customer service to be hiding behind a wall of silence. I'd be careful about defending a company's poor practices, or you'll be setting yourself up for more of the same in the future.
    If you know wulven at all, you know they are always slow to do anything for better or worse. Usually worse.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd rather they be slow and do things right, then rush out an incomplete product. *sneeze* Diablo 3 *sneeze*
    "The stars shine like the love of god...cold and remote."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    If you know wulven at all, you know they are always slow to do anything for better or worse. Usually worse.
    Sadly, this.

I don't really give a damn about the physical cards coming late. They come when they come, I can't use mine for any pre-release stuff anyway(mainly because Finland has nothing planned) so meh.

What I'm more worried about is the next set. It honestly feels like Wulven is rushing the next set out before the game bugs are fixed or the game has the functions it needs to have in order for real competitive play to happen aka Mulligan and Sideboards. Then again, I have no access to the PFG or the DT plans so I don't know. I guess I just need to hope for the best.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the original poster is perfectly within his rights to be upset that Wulven is not being more forthcoming about when we can expect these cards. We gave them our money in TRUST. They keep saying it ships "in early May." They are obviously trying to stretch that to its limit to get more money. But how much money is worth the goodwill they are losing with the players?
    It's simply not good customer service to be hiding behind a wall of silence. I'd be careful about defending a company's poor practices, or you'll be setting yourself up for more of the same in the future.
    Do you know that you can cancel your order before the shipment date? As long as you can repay the crystals that was issue to you, Wulven would entertain that cancellation.

Since that is the case, and you don't TRUST Wulven, you can go ahead and cancel the order.

While I had like the cards to arrive ASAP, I really prefer to have a good product rather than a on-time, half past 6 product.

And as for Wulven trying to earn money by stretching the date line, dude, think about this... Every 5k earned gives us 1-2 additional foil card. Considering that there were about 3000 purchases (IIRC), Wulven needs to print 3000+++ (bec complete set has 4 foil copies) more foil cards. If a foil card is equivalent to $2.00 (since its limited edition), they are making a loss as compared to them selling the foil cards later.

So chill, the delay is just Wulven trying to get a perfect product. So far I have been very happy with the quality of the product though the timing remains much to be desire... But hey it's all good!
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    Do you know that you can cancel your order before the shipment date? As long as you can repay the crystals that was issue to you, Wulven would entertain that cancellation.

Since that is the case, and you don't TRUST Wulven, you can go ahead and cancel the order.

So chill, the delay is just Wulven trying to get a perfect product. So far I have been very happy with the quality of the product though the timing remains much to be desire... But hey it's all good!
    No reason to be a jerk about it. (And, yes, suggesting I cancel my order is being a jerk.) I don't want to cancel my order; I just want to play with the cards I bought.
    I understand all the reasons for delays and they're good reasons. What I DON'T understand is Wulven not telling us what's going on. Not saying, "Hey guys, it's gonna be a few weeks longer and here's why..."
    If Wulven is notorious for keeping its players 'out of the loop' then that's the fault of you Senior members not demanding better service from them. Your apologies for their delays only hurt the game you, WE, love.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No reason to be a jerk about it. (And, yes, suggesting I cancel my order is being a jerk.) I don't want to cancel my order; I just want to play with the cards I bought.
    I understand all the reasons for delays and they're good reasons. What I DON'T understand is Wulven not telling us what's going on. Not saying, "Hey guys, it's gonna be a few weeks longer and here's why..."
    If Wulven is notorious for keeping its players 'out of the loop' then that's the fault of you Senior members not demanding better service from them. Your apologies for their delays only hurt the game you, WE, love.
    But it hasn't actually been delayed further... This is really old news, so why are people bitching about it now? It was delayed in march or something, so that they could get the set balanced and quality sorted out. We were promised that the cards would ship in early-mid may.
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is actually an interesting discussion.
    I kinda agree with the opinion that we don't hear so much about when we can expect our orders to arive. Its early may now and I want my shiny stuff just as much as the next guy. But to call it a wall of silence is a little dramatic don't you think? Kyle Poole: the actual big boss talks to us on these forums, which is awesome
    Also, no one mentioned before all the free stuff we will get. For me it is still kinda hard to believe how much it is.
    I guess what I wanna say is even though it is very hard, lets be patient because I am sure that when we get or packages we all will be the happiest nerds in the world

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I kinda understand that some people might be frustrated due to not knowing anything about the shipments of the cards. Remember that those who have preordered, have also already paid for the goodies. That fact alone is enough to give people some more details now that we are in "early may".

I have 2 orders but I'm not in a rush... But I would like to have them asap anyways.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We are investors. Everyone who backed these cards thought that it was worth the money. If any other company did this on a much bigger scale with hundreds of thousands of dollars being invested, they would be sure to keep their investors up to date ESPECIALLY if the product was past due. Wulven doesn't take us seriously as investors. Hell, Wulven doesn't even take the Forums seriously. Where's the admin monitoring the "physical card" forum? Why haven't we heard anything from someone in charge? They don't care. They got our money and now they are going to take as long as they want.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by John Combo View Post
    We are investors. Everyone who backed these cards thought that it was worth the money. If any other company did this on a much bigger scale with hundreds of thousands of dollars being invested, they would be sure to keep their investors up to date ESPECIALLY if the product was past due. Wulven doesn't take us seriously as investors. Hell, Wulven doesn't even take the Forums seriously. Where's the admin monitoring the "physical card" forum? Why haven't we heard anything from someone in charge? They don't care. They got our money and now they are going to take as long as they want.
    You would of loved it when the forums went down after the 1 preorders eneded. I still think that was a troll.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation