Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Design Team News

I will use this thread to share the latest Design Team News.

It's easy to find because it's thread number 15000

There is no new news right now, so I'll give a status update instead ...

Design Team Members

Anurak
    GondorianDotCom
    Mojumbo
    NachyoChez
    Razcrux
    Soothslyr

Current Focus for Design Team

After finalizing Set 1, which was released as v1.5 in the digital version and will soon be sent out in physical form to those of you who pre-ordered, the Design Team has shifted focus to the first expansion and the single player campaign mode.

* The first expansion will be 150 cards and released in summer 2012. The Players Focus Group and Design Team are currently reviewing the cards and will soon be testing and tweaking them on the Design Server.

* The single player campaign mode will have a multi-level campaign for each hero, where you face the AI to achieve different win conditions against unique decks that will include some brand new cards that will be exclusive to single player campaign. These will be released in batches so you get them sooner

As well as working on these two big projects, we are also available to address rules questions, read your card suggestions and play the occasional game

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome news!! Thanks GDC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    * The single player campaign mode will have a multi-level campaign for each hero, where you face the AI to achieve different win conditions against unique decks that will include some brand new cards that will be exclusive to single player campaign. These will be released in batches so you get them sooner
    Sounds tempting I wounder how soon though...
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    can u tease us with one new card every week till release or so?

will it be possible to buy the whole new set at once with crystals? i don't want to buy elemental decks and then sell them and then buy the new set with the gold...that could take many hours with 150*4 cards.
    We are discussing the best approach for teasers/spoilers within the DT at the moment. Since we do not know which of the 150 cards might change (or even be completely replaced) during playtesting, that's the main blocker for doing card spoilers.

I think it will be more economical to buy boosters rather than starter decks, since you will start off needing all the cards so they will be worth double their resale value to you. I do not think we will be selling full sets for X crystals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We are discussing the best approach for teasers/spoilers within the DT at the moment. Since we do not know which of the 150 cards might change (or even be completely replaced) during playtesting, that's the main blocker for doing card spoilers.
    But the artwork should remain the same right? So release a teaser with just the artwork and let our imagination run wild on what it could be... and you will get feedback that might prevent another PotL (original artwork).
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you reveal in which direction the hero classes are evolving. I remember that has been said that rogues for expample are going to be masters of items and item manipulation. But what about the others?
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think there's any harm if a card changes. I think it would be interesting if you did showcase cards that did get changed, cuz then someone can write an essay on the reasons for the changes.
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will use this thread to share the latest Design Team News.

It's easy to find because it's thread number 15000

There is no new news right now, so I'll give a status update instead ...

Design Team Members

Anurak
    GondorianDotCom
    Mojumbo
    NachyoChez
    Razcrux
    Soothslyr

Current Focus for Design Team

After finalizing Set 1, which was released as v1.5 in the digital version and will soon be sent out in physical form to those of you who pre-ordered, the Design Team has shifted focus to the first expansion and the single player campaign mode.

* The first expansion will be 150 cards and released in summer 2012. The Players Focus Group and Design Team are currently reviewing the cards and will soon be testing and tweaking them on the Design Server.

As well as working on these two big projects, we are also available to address rules questions, read your card suggestions and play the occasional game
    Nice, can you tell us if there will be special rewards for the single player campaign?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    Nice, can you tell us if there will be special rewards for the single player campaign?
    There definitely will be, but we have not finalised them yet. It will depend on various factors, such as how challenging the campaigns are and when they become available.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There definitely will be, but we have not finalised them yet. It will depend on various factors, such as how challenging the campaigns are and when they become available.
    Woot!! Thanks a lot,
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱