Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Era on Steam?

I recently came across your TCG and I am surprised it isn't more widely known. I guess it's fairly new, but it's the only game that has attracted my attention and got me hooked (have played it for hours in the last 3 days) since the good ol' Mutant Chronicles, which has been discontinued years ago.

I was thinking that if you made Shadow Era available as a free to play game in Steam maybe it could get more exposure, if it was at all possible.

On another note, once the physical cards are launched, will we still get the online version?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the community Xariann

Online is here to stay, the original and best, most see physical cards as a bonus to supplement a great online experience rather than the other way round or more as a collectors item for a game they are hooked on and to casually introduce friends

For steam, I have no idea but you will get an official answer shortly.
    [CENTER]Shadow Era ETC.
    Exert Total Control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would have to imagine there are monetary set backs if steam didn't do well on that front (though I have no idea why it wouldn't). I do however, have the PC client added to my steam list

I like the overlay. However, since I use the IRC, its easier to just use the web client. Until lobby chat comes out, I actually think Shadow Era should stay away from steam's free to play section.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that getting onto Steam would be a HUGE promotional boost for the game. However, I think Demnchi is right: there are too many standard game features like friends lists and in-game chat lobbies that need to be implemented before a step like that is taken.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's also the matter of getting it on there. Steam is quite picky about what they add onto there, and their choices make little sense most of the time.
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have never said the game has to go there overnight. Nor have I said it was going to be a piece of cake. However it might be worth the effort Just pondering really, this is such a great game, it needs exposure!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Steam already hosts a bunch of other F2P games... I don't see that there would be much of a barrier to get Shadow Era to work there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwonders View Post
    Steam already hosts a bunch of other F2P games... I don't see that there would be much of a barrier to get Shadow Era to work there.
    But there is. Steam has a quite extensive selection process, and it doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes. So yeah, its quite a big chance that SE won't make it even if they try.
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It can't hurt to try.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    one of the thing steam requires (if i am correct) is achievments. would not be hard to implement, but...y'now, better things to do. i know there are quite a number of other stipulations steam enforces (these are the little nuiances Martin is talking about), and taking the time and effort to code all these things could be detracting from other venues that would make the game better overall.

it's a great idea, but it's not like you can just apply to be on steam. it's a process i'm sure they'll get to look into eventually, though.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.