Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Talking Tips on my Eladwen Deck

Hi guys, I've been playing the game for a month, I think, and I'm still trying to build/tune my first deck.

I keep fighting my own thoughts of what is good or bad on the deck, so I'd like somme comments of yours to help me improve the deck.

---
    Currently the card list is:

Dirk Saber x3
    Kristoffer Wyld x4
    Puwen Bloodhelm x4
    Marshland Sentinel x3

Fireball x4
    Freezing Grip x3
    Lightning Strike x4
    Supernova x3
    Arcane Burst x4
    Clinging Webs x3

Tome of Knowledge x3
    Bad Santa x2

---

I currently have a 3W-4L record with that deck, and my losses were, as I see them, due to the fact that I can't deal with Items/Support Abilities. But I may be wrong at my analysis.

I intended this deck to direct damage the opponent and use the allies just to keep him occupied. I've seen some Eladwen Decks that are intended to work the other way round, using the allies to damage the opponent, but I really would like to keep my current strategy - as long as it's possible, of course.

Clinging Webs and Freezing Grips, are only means to stop any ally that I can't immediately kill.

I'd like to keep that as 40 cards + 1 hero, if possible. But that's just something I wanted, It doesn't mean I can't change my mind.

I also intended to build a non-expensive deck - I know that Bad Santa is not the cheapest card in the game - but as I'm still working on it I gotta run some tests.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about tuning it? I know it's a weak deck, but I would like some tips before spending gold on cards that may reveal themselves useless a couple fights later.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't like speed burn deck, and neva build one for myself, but for sure your Marshland Sentinel isn't a good card, you have allies just to distract your opponent means your MS can survive one turn when T4 comes. Add 4 Jasmine instead, hard to kill and her ability can be usefull for what you want! And Jasmine is a must have in nearly every humans' deck so you'll find a use of her later when you'll build other decks.

You'll find Majiya more easy to play like you want, Gargoyle, Fire Sanke, and her ability heps a lot.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thaks, kentuequi.

I was intending to build a Majiya deck to see how it would behave. I'm currently playing mages because that was my first choice when joined the game. But I'm thinking of building an Elemental or Wulven deck, couldn't decide yet.

Back to the topic, you mentioned Majiya would fit better the strategy I want, what is the best strategy, in your opinion, for an Eladwen deck?

And by the way, since you don't like that kind of deck strategy, which heroes do you enjoy playing with?

Thanx again for the reply. (I'm sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes, I like the english language, but I'm Brazilian and that's not my mother language, so I make mistakes sometimes. )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I remember your ign..i think i fought your elad very recently and from what little i remember i think you rely on attacking my hero more than taking care of my allies. I used a boris btw..
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yup, you are right! I just did a search of my latest fights and there you were.

You are right saying I attacked your hero more than anything, that was the idea of my deck, but I'm quite sure it doesn't work so well as I thought it would before fighting real people. In fact I just won that game due to a lucky Fireball draw in the last turn.

I'm having some serious issues concerning deck build in this game. I'm not new to TCGs, but I'm pretty noob on Shadow Era as I said before.

I thought I could just choose an strategy and got stick to it, but it seems that Shadow Era is more of an adaptability game and less of a theme deck game. What I mean here is that I can't just run a simple burn deck or a weenies deck, I think that in this game you should always play 2 or 3 strategies at the same time, like Burn/Control or Weenie/Control. Another example, I can't imagine a deck in this environment thats well succeeded running only pumped weenies.

But, again, I'm new to the game and I can be completely wrong, that's why I'm searching for information and tips here on the forum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks to everybody for reading this, thinking about it and replying. I considered kentuequi's suggestion of giving Majiya a try and it's been working pretty well. I manage to get a 6W/1L record since the change.

Of course there are some improvements to be made to this new deck, it lacks something to deal with items too, but overall i think this fits my strategy better.

BTW, that 1 loss was against a Zhana deck, basically I lost due to Raven / Wizent's Staff / King's Pride and, of course, her healing ability.

Thanx again, folks. This topic shall be closed soon...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    pack a few LLN and shriek now that your playing Maj.
    ASF

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm considering it, I just don't have the cards yet... =/