1x aeon

4x careful planning
    4x surprise attack
    3x retreat
    3x campfire stories
    2x ley line nexus
    3x honored dead
    2x spelleater bands

if you havent noticed, careful planning is AMAZING. it allows you to sort your deck... campfire stories allows you to draw that top card and use it then. honored dead gives you good unilateral draw... and lets you heal. between victor and marchland, you can easily shut the opposing allies down. beat them to death with dirk (im really liking this card now) with an aldon. brigette and aeon protect everyone... and giving aeon the ability to give +1/+1 to any allies was insane.

this deck takes practice and familiarity to play... not for beginner's. if its a big hard, remove the campire stories and add 3 jasmine. that will make it a bit easier. it wont be mega draw then but it still works. it you STILL cant get it, remove the marshlands and add either raven or soul seeker or beetle demon bow.

people dont use surprise attack enough. mainly because its an ally attachement. and losing 2 cards at once is a big detriment in peoples minds... but using it in victor, you can get them back with his ability.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Odd that there is no Wrath of the Forest in a mega draw hunter deck lol.

Have you tried Melt Down in this strategy? I found it has great synergy with Victor and Battle Plans. Seems much better option than Campfire Stories, particularly with so much Surprise Attack which has ambush.
    Last edited by Keaven; 05-02-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I think this deck goes good more in the paper than in practice. Mega draw without WotF? I use WotF and I became frustated sometimes against warriors, rogues and priests but Surprise attack is still less-reliable because allies are easy to CB/CP or just Assassination or cripled by raven or marshland. Had you played some matches to show us how good it goes?

Edit: What is that Careful Planing you two said? Ive found just a card named Battle Plans.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwm18 View Post
    Well I think this deck goes good more in the paper than in practice. Mega draw without WotF? I use WotF and I became frustated sometimes against warriors, rogues and priests but Surprise attack is still less-reliable because allies are easy to CB/CP or just Assassination or cripled by raven or marshland. Had you played some matches to show us how good it goes?

Edit: What is that Careful Planing you two said? Ive found just a card named Battle Plans.
    Item destruction is why I always pack Lily with vital item draw engines.

Careful Planing is the old name for the same card.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like a fun deck I like the uu cards in the deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    nice. I have to test this deck.
    But on the first view its seems its very week to mages.
    Most of the allies just die if you play e.g. against eladwen because they all have low hp.
    1 Aeon means, you cannot really rely on him.
    Another weak spot i see on the first look is, that its hard to get back board control. No form of direct damage or disable (poisen arrow, flaming arrow, traps, Weapons) only 1 fatty who gets not 1-hit kills by like any ally on the board and only 3 retreat. Maybe floating the board with low tier allies can work, but to be honest, it does not seem enough.
    But as I said, this is only the first look on it.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No jasmine...?...? Is she not one of (if not) the best human allies?? Also, getting back a surprise attack kind of sucks when you could be bouncing arrows instead. That would work better with your weenies to keep the board clear I believe. You can probably fit both, wrath of the forest is always a safer option though. Poison arrow - ability to 1 for kill - poison arrow another ally is just such a strong play though. I don't see surprise attack helping with board control too much. And you gotta keep marshland alive to get benefit. I'm gonna try this build exactally as you have it listed and see whats up b/c I like the idea.
    Last edited by akratch; 05-10-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The synergy between surprise atk, battle plans and victor is really cool. Im willing to play around with it. Can anyone else report on how this runs?

I think arrows are sick with victor, why dont you run any? It seems uou really want to be relying on surprise attack? Also, why no bows? Into the forest at 1-2 copies could be extremely useful with vic. Also, id add more lln, snow saphire shuts this deck down.