Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Lance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Caitlyn for the deck. A questions is POTL a necessary card to be used? Can we sub it with retreat to make it more control orientated? Coz I often find POTL quite useless against Zal(empowered by SF) n Mages(LS).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Caitlyn - THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS DECK

im doing really well with it, got me up the rankings much faster than my MS deck.

the only thing i did was swap the bad santa for kris' - simply coz i was sick of waiting until t3 to get some good allies out, lol

also coz i had no gold for them :3

THANKS SO MUCH
    Back from the dead.

Aroooooooo *brains*.

Member of ASF after all this time! WE WILL NEVER DIE *fistpump*! We may decompose slightly.*shhhhhlllluuuuuuuup* No biggie, that can be stitched back on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @kangozza POTL is part of the deck and what makes it good. especially going first (its you BEST 3 drop then). and then after you have aeon out. you can take it out if you like but how good it is will go down.

@Wolfie07 thats fine i had two versions posted and i took the BS out as well in one and added retreat. but you do have a good 2 drop with nightshade. ive found that when i dont get that, i have a hard time the rest of the match. nightshade is so key to this deck. having a 1 drop can help you greatly as well.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, just switched to this deck to try out something new (usually play Nishaven) and my rating sank like a stone. I must not be doing something right, because I've usually lost in the first three turns if I haven't gotten a good draw. Now my rating is below 200, which is a considerable dip. Most oppoenets easily get the jump on me with this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck isn't that bad . Maybe a little bit outdated but certainly not terribly.

I can give you in the following my opinion about the deck but an answer regarding the gamplay of this deck has to come from Caityln herself.

The concept behind it is solid but you can tweak it a bit. Use a 3/3/3 combo for your 3cc allies and use 3/4 Raven and 3 Aeon instead. Also can you use less Assassination but 2/3 Retreat.

The draw can be changed from 4 Bad Santa to only 2 BS or even 2 Tainted Oracle. A mix of 3 IGG and 3 TO is also possible. And/or throw 2 Lily in the mix to recyle your cards.

And in the end can you add 1-2 Puwen for a more consitent round 2 drop. But keep the decksize at 40/41, it wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Early agression can be the death of a Lance.

Examples how it could look like otherwise:

3x jasmine
    3x raven
    3x aldon
    3x priest of the light
    2x Lily
    3x aeon
    4x nightshade
    2x puwen

3x assassinate
    3x stop, thief
    4x ill gotten gains
    2x bad santa
    4x anklebreaker

Whatever you change, try to stick to the basic concept of Lance. You need at least 4 of the 2cc allies, 9 of the 3cc allies and about 5-7 +5cc allies. Also about 6 draw related cards form which at least 3 should be a draw enigne (IGG). And 7-9 cards to control the board (Assassination + Retreat + 4 AB).

Other cards like Puwen, Lily, Kristoffer, Spelleaters Band and Black Garb have a valid place in a Lance deck as well but try to stick to the mentioned concept. I can assure you, it works!
    Last edited by Larus; 09-02-2012 at 03:56 AM.
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I always like to use Tainted Oracles in my Lance deck. Not only do they give me my extra draw but an ally when I'm in need for one. Not to mentioned there is nothing for my opponent to gain off him as well. I know there are cards like Crippling Blow that can disable him but at the same time he can still but useful for an Assassination combo.
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm curious what you people who are getting above three hundred with this deck are doing when you don't get a Night Shade so that by the time you can play an ally in the third turn that ally is easily picked off. I really don't see how this deck is functional at a decent level at all, but I can only assume I'm doing something wrong.

EDIT: Actually, that's okay, don't bother. After a couple more games, this deck is not for me. Easily the worst deck I've ever played!
    Last edited by Xuben; 09-02-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's an example. With this deck, it's turn three and I have in my hand:

Priest of Light
    Priest of Light
    Assasination
    Stop Theif
    Ill Gotten Gains
    Bad Santa
    Ankle Breaker

I have nothing on the board at this point. My opponent, a Moon Stalker, already has a Fire Snake and a Pack Wolf. Soooooooo, what do you do? I sacked the Bad Santa and played a Priest of Light, who was, of course, immediately killed. They played another pack alpha. Three allies on the board to my zero. What could I have played at that point to do about the fact that I had no allies on the board and my opponent three by the fourth turn with this hand? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Ridiculous!

I've also had games where, when I go second, by turn three my opponent has a Kristoffer, a Puwen, and a Aldon the Brave on the board and I have nothing yet because no Night Shades came up and even if they did, who cares? Next turn my opponent is going to hit me for 8 damage regardless of what I do.

Sorry, but I'm at the point where there is no way that I believe anyone that says they got above three hundred with this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Xuben, I think u r not all that wrong to panic about that type of situation, but that`s because you are not familiar with the wonderful card pool that the rogue deck actually has, the rogue deck is almost specialized in controlling the board, if ur opponent has 3 allies and you none by turn 3, you have retreat, anklebreaker, Jasmine, raven to control the board, really, soak up the damage on turn three and go with everything on turn 4 when u have enough SE to catch ur oponent by surprise.
    The decks you have to worry about are the mage decks and lone hero ones that are a pain in the ass depending on how it goes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Realistically, it has to be something I'm doing wrong, not with the deck. I'm probably used to playing other characters