Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Simple Lance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the meta has changed a bit since i first posted this deck. people just did not know how to play against a lance for the longest time and they have adjusted. but this is still a pretty good deck.

its basically all about taking control away from your opponent when it looks like they have a solid grasp on it. really. i sometimes didnt get a night shade on turn 2 but how often does that happen? the same as that puwen on turn 2 everyone always seems to be able to drop.

its a key play on turn 2 but you can overcome not getting it. the other key play is ill gotten gains on turn 4. no ally, drop it. take the damage they deal out (ask barcafan about his zanna with puwen on turn 2 and inner strength on turn 3) once you get to turn 5 anklebreaker or a lance rushed raven turn the game around. then aeon, assassinates, etc. give you the game. granted, by this time you might be at less than 10 health but its so hard for your opponent to turn the game back around at this point.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    the meta has changed a bit since i first posted this deck. people just did not know how to play against a lance for the longest time and they have adjusted. but this is still a pretty good deck.

its basically all about taking control away from your opponent when it looks like they have a solid grasp on it. really. i sometimes didnt get a night shade on turn 2 but how often does that happen? the same as that puwen on turn 2 everyone always seems to be able to drop.

its a key play on turn 2 but you can overcome not getting it. the other key play is ill gotten gains on turn 4. no ally, drop it. take the damage they deal out (ask barcafan about his zanna with puwen on turn 2 and inner strength on turn 3) once you get to turn 5 anklebreaker or a lance rushed raven turn the game around. then aeon, assassinates, etc. give you the game. granted, by this time you might be at less than 10 health but its so hard for your opponent to turn the game back around at this point.
    Yes, I'm finding more success by turning the game around later in the match, when as much as half or two thirds of my life is depleted and I've barely scrateched my opponent. With Lance you can rather suddenly seize control of the board and then hold it down while you flood the board with your allies. Nishaven doesn't fall for this and priest's can use tidal wave, but it often works. The problem was that I wasn't used to playing like this and would give up too early. Obviously, I was blaming the deck and not my skill.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    K, I was wrong. This deck is awesome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up

Great deck, thanks for sharing bro
    Funky Reverend of Team Juggernauts Xtended - TJX
    IGN: TJ FelaKutiX
    Zynga sucks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fela Kuti View Post
    Great deck, thanks for sharing bro
    Just a guess, but Caitlyn might not be a "bro."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lance is the comeback king of SE. never give up because once Lance takes control of the board, it's usually a win. Xuben's problems may have stemmed from not realizing the power of Lance's ability synergized with his card pool. his problem was that he was dropping allies too early, allowing opponents to pick them off one by one, instead of waiting till he has enough SE to perform a combo-kill. the thing with Lance is not to panic even when you're taking damage. just realize that as long as board control is still in reach, the game is winnable.

the deck i use is modified to take on mages. because Lance has trouble dealing with mages. the only unwinnable matchup for my Lance is Zaladar. mind control is just devastating for Lance. if you try to tech your deck to beat Zaladar, it will lose to all the other heroes.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Lance is the comeback king of SE. never give up because once Lance takes control of the board, it's usually a win. Xuben's problems may have stemmed from not realizing the power of Lance's ability synergized with his card pool. his problem was that he was dropping allies too early, allowing opponents to pick them off one by one, instead of waiting till he has enough SE to perform a combo-kill. the thing with Lance is not to panic even when you're taking damage. just realize that as long as board control is still in reach, the game is winnable.

the deck i use is modified to take on mages. because Lance has trouble dealing with mages. the only unwinnable matchup for my Lance is Zaladar. mind control is just devastating for Lance. if you try to tech your deck to beat Zaladar, it will lose to all the other heroes.
    You're partly right in that I was giving up whenI lost control of the board early on and not realizing that huge comebacks were a strong potential with Lance, largely because they weren't with my other decks. I know how to drop allies though.

One problem with the wait for a comeback scenario is if you're fighting a deck with lots of Priests of Light and Radiant Sunlight. You might not get the opportunity! Even so, with ankle breaker and a fast spread of mid-tier allies, followed by an assisination, you can even take the board back in spite of not being able to use your shadow ability. I just pulled this off and my opponent rage quit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuben View Post
    You're partly right in that I was giving up whenI lost control of the board early on and not realizing that huge comebacks were a strong potential with Lance, largely because they weren't with my other decks. I know how to drop allies though.

One problem with the wait for a comeback scenario is if you're fighting a deck with lots of Priests of Light and Radiant Sunlight. You might not get the opportunity! Even so, with ankle breaker and a fast spread of mid-tier allies, followed by an assisination, you can even take the board back in spite of not being able to use your shadow ability. I just pulled this off and my opponent rage quit.
    exactly i love a good rage-quit and a good rage quit story
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    check the DP version here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....7-Lance-Toke-N

that deck changes things a little but still may do another version of this deck since i had so much fun with it.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won