Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New lance needs help

I have made myself a lance deck. So far i've been doing somewhat good, 9 games played: 7 Games won, 1 Games lost. (got dced once and once some idiot managed to force draw by descyncing the game the turn before he was going to lose).

My Deck-list (Not the best , i dont have that many games and i'm still getting money to buy the rest so far)

1x Lance

Allies:

3x Jasmine Rosecult
    1x Dirk Saber (will be removed when i have money)
    3x Aldon
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Raven
    1x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Nightshade (mixed feelings about this guy)

Spells:

4x Assassination
    2x Retreat
    2x Stop, Thief!

Items:
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    4x Anklebreaker
    2x Spelleater Bands
    2x Black Garb

Reasoning behind the deck:

Lance + Raven combo is simply amazing. I love it in every way.

I mostly try to control the enemy by using Jasmine + anklebreaker to permalock oponent's allies, while easly disposing them with my own allies.

Problems with my deck:

1st) Puwen and nightshade, I feel these guys are there only as a distraction and to prevent me from getting rushed to death early. Real game startrs when Jasmine/Aldon gets in play. Puwen alone is pretty useless aganish anyone buy Fire Snake sorts of guy, yet at my Rating, people usually don't really use kris, nor other weak allies so probably I am just not seeing the real use to them yet.

2nd) I am wondering if I should buy more aldon or more jasmine, these guys are pretty epic mid and end game.

3rd) Black Garb, SpellEeater:
    Black Garb was meant to be my prevention aganish Puwen + Blake rush, helped me once or twice , yet , normally it means i will take 2 less damage for 3 resources (when kris and fire snakes eat them up).
    SpellEater is an expensive and most times an instant sacc, yet i see it as my only line of prevention aganish burn decks such as zaladar, nish , mayija and burn eladwen decks. I think 2 of SpellEater is good enought (completly saved my ass one game).

4th) Assassinate and Retreat:
    Retreat usually is also an instant sacc, honestly between Anklebreaker perma-lock, Jasmine perma-UnableToAtack, Raven 0 dmg effect and assassinate, i fell i can deal with big guys pretty easly, Yet i do not know what to put intead of this card.
    Same happends to assassinate , 4 of them usually means they often get sacced and rarelly used, it has a nice synegy with I'll gotten gains so i do not know what to do.

I am still a new player without much experience, so suggestions and advices are much appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Carlos Afonso; 05-13-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Before callin names on people because of Sync error, read the first post of this thread : http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-report-thread, and repport your games there. I got my load of sync error and i wouldn't appreciate to be called mother f*** ect by a newbie.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1) Puwen can be good going first with Aldon summoned T3. Nighshade help to use Assassination but is very weak vs Mage, i still have mixed feelings too.

2) You don't need 4 Aldon because he is "unique" and draw too much of him suck since you will be unable to summon an ally, go for Jasmine a must x4 in lots of decks.

3) I don't like Black Garb with Lance, it won't help for board control if your opponent doesn't attack your hero, and Lance have lots of good combo to take board control anyway, you can find better use of the free spot from removing it, like adding 2 Stop Thief.

4) Assassination and Retreat are key cards vs Moostalker, so be carfull to not remove too much of them, i prefer Retreat than Assassination because Assassination needs you to have an ally on the board, when Retreat can deal with a Plasma Behemot or Ologoth without having an ally on the board. It's always a good for your tempo to retreat a 5 or 6cc ally.
    Last edited by kentuequi; 05-13-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Man , i hated retreat, but this very game i played aganist a Moonstalker and both times i used it to recover an incapacitated/1-hp-and-poisoned Raven and pretty much giving me the win by its own.

Assassination helped too. 10/10 for having 2 retreats imo now.

When i have the money i will get one more jasmine. 176 Rating so far.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have a pretty decent deck there, I would expect you to win most of the time right up to the higher rankings.

You have a lot of ways to deal with big enemies, Assassination, Retreat, Anklebreaker, Raven, Jasmine, Black Garb, It'd probably be safe to get rid of some of them (I suggest Black Garb) to add something else, I would suggest replacing it with two more Stop Thief's you definitely want four of those.

As for Puwen and Nightshade, Puwen is probably more useful with Lance than with any other hero, since if all else fails you can haste him in and save you (happened to me) I like Nightshade because he allows you to kill 4 health allies without hurting your aldon or jasmine, he combo's well with assassination, he's hard to get rid of and those little one damage hits he does to the enemy hero can add up and win you the game, I've had many many close matches i've only won because of him pinging away.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yay , once again, playing aganish zaladar. 5 games winning spree, the game is pretty much won (2 jasmine + puwen vs 0 allies, Ill gotten gains in field and 3 more cards than my oponent in hand) suddenly he plays a bloodlust and game goes desynced...