Close

Thread: Lance tweaking

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance tweaking

After trying a few different things out I have settled on this deck. I am currently floating around the 240 ranking and climbing slowly. And by slowly I mean 1 point at a time.

Lance Shadowstalker

Raven Wildheart x3
    Aldon the Brave x3
    Katrin the Shieldmaiden x4
    Priest of the Light x4
    Earthen Protector x3
    Aeon Stormcaller x3
    Stop, Thief! x4
    Ill-Gotten Gains x4
    Retreat! x4
    Black Garb x3
    Anklebreaker x4

A lot of the cards are obvious and included in every Lance. I chose Katrin over Puwen and Nightshade because of the high HP and her ability gives me added versatility. I think Retreat and Black Garb are strictly superior to Assassinate. I really did want to include it and ran -1 retreat +3 assassinate for a while but never found it useful.

I just wanted to share my own version of Lance and see how people felt about Katrin. I rarely see her and I'm starting to think she is beating out Puwen as my go to 2cc ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm also considering adding 1-3 Sorcerous Poison to the mix...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You add Katrin yet you have no use for the thing. You effectively waste a card for nothing because you have no way of getting the ability off if you play Katrin early and there's simply no point playing it later. Otherwise it doesn't look too bad.

Have a reason for every card you play. There's no point playing cards you don't need.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I play her early it isn't to do damage but to either absorb damage that my hero would otherwise take or to buff a 3cc ally later. Adding +2 health to Aeon or any of my 3cc allies makes them very difficult to deal with. With Aldon giving her 1 attack she can chink away at weapon and armor durability. With Aldon out I like to think of her as a Brutalis plus an ability for only 2cc... Although that is situational. Perhaps you're right, that +2 health looks nice on my board but perhaps it doesn't actually help me win any games. I'll keep testing it out, but then the question becomes x4 Nightshade, Puwen, or Kris?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Without Assassination and having 3 Aldon I would be inclined to go with Puwen, although Kris could still help remove pesky Kris that waste your Black Garbs.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.