Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help my anti-mage Amber deck!

Please help my Amber deck. This deck is to counter mages (mainly Eladwen). So this is probably a board control, very fast, rush deck.

1x Amber Rain

4x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Puwen
    4x Jasmine
    4x Aldon

3x Smashing Blow
    2x Enrage
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    4x Retreat!
    4x Jeweler's Dream
    3x Rusty Longsword

Please help me counter Eladwen, it is dominating the meta and it's very boring to always play against the same hero. My rating is 270 and 30% of matches I play are against Eladwen, 15% against Majiya.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By the way, if you are reading this, also play a anti-mage deck, because the more people play anti-mage decks, more mage players will change their decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    replace longsword with DR.
    DR is the anti-mage weapon

btw i don't think eladwen dominate the meta, in fact majiya is stronger in my opinion. (because of SOV)
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yesterday you were telling people to play Eladwen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For my anti-mage decks I have 4x Dimension Rippers, 4x Reserve weapons, and 4x Jewlers Dreams, depending on the deck i would lower it down to 3 each.
    Dimension Rippers- Take those pesky mage burn cards.
    Jewlers Dreams- Resource acceleration and when pumped up with Reserve weapon also does 4 damage.
    Reserve Weapons- Bring those weapons back plus it's add's extra damage. who can argue with that.

The only downside to adding DR is that they get your cards, but plus side usually they just resource the card they get anyways because it doesn't fit into their normally stradegy, also I typically scrap the card they give me/ Depending on what it is, and what I need.

I'm going to be posting my Amber Rain deck within the week and it works well for killing those pesky mages.
    Also the very first deck I bought with shadowcrystals was a shadow mage deck because I thought Gravebone was awesome!and that was back in 1.25.
    Last edited by ikkii; 05-02-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I would switch Enrage for Rampage for one, especially if you go to Dimension Ripper, which I would also recommend although you don't need to remove all Rusty Longsword. Fewer weapons and more Reserve Weapon and Lily can also work.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i have very good win ratio with this amber deck,
    overall and as well against mages.

maybe you should check it:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?p=189983
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster123abc View Post
    Please help my Amber deck. This deck is to counter mages (mainly Eladwen). So this is probably a board control, very fast, rush deck.

1x Amber Rain

4x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Puwen
    4x Jasmine
    4x Aldon

3x Smashing Blow
    2x Enrage
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    4x Retreat!
    4x Jeweler's Dream
    3x Rusty Longsword

Please help me counter Eladwen, it is dominating the meta and it's very boring to always play against the same hero. My rating is 270 and 30% of matches I play are against Eladwen, 15% against Majiya.
    Ehm... Dominating the meta my ass.

Bad:

Rusty Longsword
    4x Aldon
    No PoL
    Smashing Blow
    No other draw than BF - Seriously, it's an aggro deck, you need to get cards.

If you want to build an aggro deck, you shouldn't give half a fuck about any equipment Elad may throw at you. Snow Sapphire might screw you over but if the Elad uses that, it's a bad deck in most cases(unless it's a stall).

Dimension Ripper isn't necessary and it probably will only slow you down as you prefer JD in 100% of the cases(unless you RW a 5 attack DR).

PoL screws Elad over completely if you time the casts right. It heals you and delays the freeze. PoL is probably one of the best aggro cards in the game.

4x Aldon is too much. If you draw a double, you are pretty screwed and dependant on topdecks. Go 3 max.

I personally don't like Enrage when I play fast decks. I intend on killing them, not outlasting them. However it is a counter-Elad deck so eh.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sandworms are always nice to use since they survive a lot of mage abilities(even Supernova!). You would have to capitilize on their defense and bolster their offense though.