Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If Video killed the Radio star, how will Shadow Era survive?

I am just wondering how many people plan on actually playing with physical cards?
    I personally want to collect but not sure about using them, with online gameing so easy to find players, I hope the best for Shadow Era! I love this game, and with all the pre-order backers it looks like a positive outcome!

I got a little dissapointed thoe because I just came from the mall and went to the hobby shop who sells MTG cards, I adked if he was going to carry S.E. cards and he said no staight out not maybe or we will see, just no...

Anyways thats for giving us a great game! I dont usually spend much on my iTunes games, I first supported gameloft buy buying a bunch of their $.99 games when on sale, but S.E. has gotten alot more than any other game I play, thats how much I enjoy and belive in this game!

Much love!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm with you on that one. Although I'd love to play a physical game , I first of all don't know anyone who pays tcg's and secondly I can't get my hands on SE cards without spending a small fortune. I love SE, my PS3 is now gathering dust. Talking about mtg, it's coming out on iOS this summer so I seriously hope this doesn't affect you guys at wulven. Maybe you could get your additional 150 cards out well before mgt attempts to wreck the party, which they wont. You have the eye candy factor which counts for a lot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think one thing S.E. could do is come up with a story line, maybe even try comic book mini saga, or graphic novel. S.E. did great by starting out on the web getting world wide players from mobile devices, and I think making the physical cards was the obiouse next step even if it is jusy for colecting, since booster packs will have redeamable code for web game, but I think breaching into other media types would show a "we're here and not joking around" kind of attitude. I just think a story line would be great.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed I don't think the physical card thing will take off in a big way because of mgt. wulven have more tcg's coming out which look equally as awesome as SE , check out there web site. Not sure about comic books etc . I think the main emphesis should be rewarding players and giving them reason to keep coming back. A league would be great for example and a better rating system. Or players could be rewarded with cards that aren't available from the merchant. Now there's an uber idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm pretty sure that the guy you asked is not actually responsible for purchases. Anyhow, if a shop has a reason to sell the SE cards (Profit- and demand-wise), then they will sell them. Now it's just up to Wulven to convice the rest of the world that they need Shadow Era. :-)

Playing the physical card game is not as easy as the digital, but playing physical games (card, board, etc.) is not about how "easy" it is. It's more about the fact that you are having fun with friends and you are actually playing together. I like this...

I'll try if I can convince some friends to try it out...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only way to get a physical deck now will be on eBay unless your willing to pay $40 plus shipping. I don't blame wulven for this. It all has to start somewhere.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love SE, but I don't think the physical game will take off -- I envision it just being a pain to play physically, and I play Mtg with people.

You can play an Mtg deck that doesn't need counters, short of keeping track of your own life (ie, Hero's health). it's not a big deal. But playing a deck like Thallids, Elves, or Allies where you constantly add/remove counters is a pain and I'd never want to ONLY play a deck like that, and every SE deck will be like this. here's the fun you get to look forward to all the time (maybe you and probably your opponent will have to add/remove:

1. counters for Hero health
    2. counters for SE
    3. counters for weapon/armor durability
    4. counters for ally health when they get partially damaged or are poisoned/ablaze
    5. markers/counters for when things are Ablaze, Poisoned, etc when cards don't attach
    6. Probably more that I am forgetting right now.

I wish Wulven well, but this is how businesses mess themselves up -- they stray from the core of what they kick a$$ in (for SE, it's an awesome online gaming experience that was created/crafted to be just that, not a physical one). What they should be doing instead is making it as seamless as possible, as low phone battery-consuming as possible (or with options for it at least), more varied animations, and of course more cards or Heros to play.

It just feels like Wulven are reaching a bit here... I hope they don't fall off the ledge while stretching for that straw.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think the physical card game will do well, but I still preordered because I love to collect thing.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think wulven are trying to edge into the mtg market. Or at least I hope not. They wouldn't have a chance mtg is far to well established. Stick to what you kick ass at wulven, the online game that looks stunning and is frickin addictive

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They should maybe release an app for iOS/Android to make the physical card game a bit more manageable. An app where you can manage counters for the hero, the weapons and items all at once. It will be a bit more difficult for the ally counters/poison counters.

Or they can actually integrate this in the game-app.

"Why not just play the game online when you are using an app anyways?" - Don't have the answer to this though...