Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Item Destruction

I feel like this is the crux of every single deck I design. I either run item destruction and spend entire matches struggling on if they'll pan out or try to not run it and overwhelm with allies/weaps. I recognize item destruction’s inclusion is dependent on several variables but it’s always the part that plagues me the most.

Any thoughts on this aspect of the game?

As a side note I'm not a high rated player (just broke 200) but I also don't play too much. In fact only after 1.5 has it really grasped my attention. The balance that was achieved was actually pretty impressive. I'm rambling now.

Opinions?!?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I only bring SOV
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I usually run 2-3 copies of ley line. In a priest deck, I always run 4 copies of focused prayer, and stop thief for rogues.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    I only bring SOV
    SoV is pretty boss, total auto-inclusion in all my shadow decks

Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    I usually run 2-3 copies of ley line. In a priest deck, I always run 4 copies of focused prayer, and stop thief for rogues.
    So 2-3 LLN's is auto-add for any decks outside of priests and rogues (and maybe those decks too) for you? How often do you notice its impact on your games?

Last match I played could've easily been decided by a LLN. But I had resourced mine at about turn 7-8ish and we didn't drop any items over 5rc until turn 10.

IDK it's an intriguing aspect in the general scope of strategy and deck building to me. I feel like allies and abilities are pretty static, they're there; black and white, deal with them or be dealt with. Whereas items come in all of these shades of grey. For example: DoU can be an insane pain. Or it can be hardly noticeable. Same with WotF (which is a double pain to non-priest/rogue/shadow decks). I've had that armor win games and one match later just sit uselessly as I get slaughtered.

Any more opinions?
    Last edited by Thayth; 05-01-2012 at 04:37 AM. Reason: cross i's dot t's

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Thayth View Post
    SoV is pretty boss, total auto-inclusion in all my shadow decks
    all my Shadow decks have 2~3 sov
    human warrior has smashing blow*2~3, rogue has stop thief *4, priest has focused prayer*4, mage has LLN*2 (because no sov! damn)
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    all my Shadow decks have 2~3 sov
    human warrior has smashing blow*2~3, rogue has stop thief *4, priest has focused prayer*4, mage has LLN*2 (because no sov! damn)
    And here I am using hunters. Hating life. My boy Vic though, love the ally zone control he brings. Too bad it's pure ally dirty work to get rid of pesky items. Cause I had LLN*3 in but it was so freaking situational that I ended up pulling them out. I'd either resource it after holding on to it for too long and feeling like I lost potential tempo. Or send in the troops to break an item and then top-deck it next turn. Contextually those are more luck-based events but since this season started up until I pulled the LLN’s out I could count on one hand how many times it was a saving/winning factor.

Again I’m just barely breaking into the 200's and starting to see a more uniformed approach to deck building. Although I did just have a strange match involving a 130 card Jericho deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Thayth View Post
    And here I am using hunters. Hating life. My boy Vic though, love the ally zone control he brings. Too bad it's pure ally dirty work to get rid of pesky items. Cause I had LLN*3 in but it was so freaking situational that I ended up pulling them out. I'd either resource it after holding on to it for too long and feeling like I lost potential tempo. Or send in the troops to break an item and then top-deck it next turn. Contextually those are more luck-based events but since this season started up until I pulled the LLN’s out I could count on one hand how many times it was a saving/winning factor.

Again I’m just barely breaking into the 200's and starting to see a more uniformed approach to deck building. Although I did just have a strange match involving a 130 card Jericho deck
    the most important thing: destroy opponent's draw engine ! that's why sov op.

anyway for LLN you need to read the match.
    e.g if you face a lance, you might want hold the LLN for few turns because he will get AB. Same thing happen to hunter match up, you just know they will have soul seeker

but if you face a mage, then you might resource it. It's entirely depends on match up and the flow of the game.

e.g you vs a priest. you have a LLN in your open hand. you want to resource it asap. however in mid game if you draw a LLN, then you must keep it because there is high chance that priest will drop a TKP or ghostmaker.
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the most important thing: destroy opponent's draw engine ! that's why sov op.

anyway for LLN you need to read the match.
    e.g if you face a lance, you might want hold the LLN for few turns because he will get AB. Same thing happen to hunter match up, you just know they will have soul seeker

but if you face a mage, then you might resource it. It's entirely depends on match up and the flow of the game.

e.g you vs a priest. you have a LLN in your open hand. you want to resource it asap. however in mid game if you draw a LLN, then you must keep it because there is high chance that priest will drop a TKP or ghostmaker.
    Solid advice and reasoning. Thanks dude!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd recommend running Ter Adun,
    preferably with

4x shadow font
    4x poor quality
    4x shriek
    4x LLN

that'll teach those lily retreating bastards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    weapons or armors can be destroyed by your allies and weapons, table items can be destroyed only by sov/stop thief/priest/etc.. If you run heavy allies deck + some weapon you dont need lln or acid jet , if some of table items can really trouble you like IGG, you can include sov.

Never auto-include anything in deck, include what you want than anything that youll need you include later=)

If you run not a heavy allies mage you definetly need at least 1 LLN since there is a spelleater bands in a game, unless you sure you wont face it.

Priest and Rogue item destruction is the best is the game so it is obvious to be include, at least x2 copies