Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i play a stall deck where early game its ment to make people quit, or just relentlessly beat patient people down mid/late and when strategy one works, i end up with nothing...it kinda sucks for me when a strategy i use works and i dont gain anything for it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFox View Post
    I was thinking bout this late last night when I had some pretty horrid deals.
    Kept drawing so my opponents got their just deserves. Still frustrating.

What about an option in the menu to Concede, rather than a game quit.
    Just some food for thought.
    I suppose it will make it too easy for people to agree to concede and generate gold and XP at a much faster rate than playing a full game.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LARKEN View Post
    I suggested this before but will say again, we need to add a form guide to your opponents rank so you can see history of wins, draws, quits etc so we at least get to monitor activity...

Larken (312, wwllqq) as an example...won,won, lost,lost,quit,quit
    I love the idea, but unfortunately for those who have bad connections (i.e me ) our activity would look more like this:

Preybird (278, qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqwqqqqqqqlllqqqwwqqqqqqqq) And So Forth.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Just make not possible for people to quit a game.

Why not just make possible for people not to be able to quit games. Or to be able to quit by a certain number of moves where if a player quits the opposing player may get the games. It is very annoying when it is abious you will win the game. Your opponent quits. Guess what? Sorry charley, no points for you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemaister View Post
    Why not just make possible for people not to be able to quit games. Or to be able to quit by a certain number of moves where if a player quits the opposing player may get the games. It is very annoying when it is abious you will win the game. Your opponent quits. Guess what? Sorry charley, no points for you.
    He doesn't get any points anyway if he rage quits. It comes up as a victory for you, he loses rating, and everyone goes about their lives
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My first three challenges were spent with people who quit in the first couple of rounds. Drove me nuts because I couldn't get an opponent that cared about their rating enough to stick around. After I finally got a match and started gaining rating, it happened less frequently. Personally I am not in favor of auto rewards for short matches where people quit, because of the obvious, but instead creating harsher penalties for rage quits.

I.E. Double the ratio lost on any game that someone rage quits from, and attach a minor EXP and gold loss to that. If they delevel due to the EXP loss, they lose shadow crystals. If they don't have enough gold and for the cases where they would lose shadow crystals, those numbers go into the negative.

I think it would cause more people just to suck it up and lose instead of making the winner have to sit there for 60 seconds, or whatever the timer is, waiting on the match to be over.
    Aradiel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_man View Post
    I.E. Double the ratio lost on any game that someone rage quits from, and attach a minor EXP and gold loss to that. If they delevel due to the EXP loss, they lose shadow crystals. If they don't have enough gold and for the cases where they would lose shadow crystals, those numbers go into the negative.
    Yeah, and when numbers go negative, they got their account deleted, Preybird would love this!

I think it would cause more people just to suck it up and lose instead of making the winner have to sit there for 60 seconds, or whatever the timer is, waiting on the match to be over.
    It's about 3 mins IIRC.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand that my suggestion would be a bit harsh for those with connectivity issues, but most people with connectivity issues aren't running from 4-5 games before playing a single one. So, while they would get slighly punished on a legit connectivity issue, it would really beat down those that are frequent quitters.

Another option, although I am not sure how hard it would be to place into the system, would be to make a subscript that says, "If player has disconnected from 3x games in previous rolling 24 hours, they may not join a multiplayer game until at least one of those games is past 24 hours." Meaning, you rage quit out of 3 games right now, you can't play in multiplayer for the next 24 hours.

I really think the rage quitting is something that needs to be addressed alot further. Especially with the release of physical cards, it's got me hyped up hoping that more than 2 player multiplayer will come to the online version, and if I have an 8 person game where 4 people rage quit, the other 4 people are stuck waiting 12 minutes on those guys to forfeit =*(
    Aradiel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_man View Post
    guess what im currently doing...*beats face on desk* this really needs to be stopped somehow O.O,