Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Why should you stay in games you think you have lost?
    May be to respect your opponent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I'd say make the line 3 turns from both sides(maybe even 2). It's a good feature for competitive because we can't choose the starter but in QM it's just pointless.
    Well, I don't pretend to be an expert, but I think that 2 or 3 turns are a little short to be sure to win or lose.
    Especially with warriors, for example, who can win in a rush, or survive several rounds and win, at last, even with very little life points left.
    That said, may be it's really different with other characters.

As for me, I only leave one turn before dying, and appreciate when the others do the same.
    Better gratification to play, fight, and discover who really wins than ending prematurely, whatever the gain or penalty.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunatly you can know if you're going to win or lose before T3~4 sometimes, when i know i'm going to lose i just skip turn until my opponent kill my hero, but e.g. My last game vs Langland, he knows that he was going to lose, and closed his browser... i waited 2minutes to gain nothing, f*ck u Langland, :P
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl20 View Post
    May be to respect your opponent ?

Well, I don't pretend to be an expert, but I think that 2 or 3 turns are a little short to be sure to win or lose.
    Especially with warriors, for example, who can win in a rush, or survive several rounds and win, at last, even with very little life points left.
    That said, may be it's really different with other characters.

As for me, I only leave one turn before dying, and appreciate when the others do the same.
    Better gratification to play, fight, and discover who really wins than ending prematurely, whatever the gain or penalty.
    I respect the people that quit the game when they lost it to those that try to play it out. It wastes my time, they know it wastes my time and yet they still waste it. I leave games when I know I have lost them, to not waste my opponent's time.

Personally I prefer the rule that disconnect = loss to disconnect = replay unless it's a sync issue. If it's a sync issue, the result is either a draw(in QM) or a judge call(tournaments).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Isn't that part of the enjoyment of the game ie seeing it out and carrying out the kill or am I just being 5 years old. I see your point tho. Personally I hate it when I've obviously lost the game and yet the opponent insists on flexing there muscles by playing out all there resources, slowly killing any pathetic allies I have left, then they complete there already heaving compliment of support before taking out the 1 life I have left with there 15 Goliath. I've lost count of the amount of games I've lost unfairly to sync errors, can't something be done about this by at least making it a draw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sy120. Maybe it was a sync error ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To clarify, once a match has started, if a player leaves for whatever reason, it is counted as a loss so you will lose rating. Matches that are "too short" did not contain enough "actions" so they are not weighted to affect your rating and players are not rewarded, in part to limit botting.

EDIT:
    @Sy120 There are various legitimate reasons why someone may leave early so I think it would be better if you refrain from making baseless accusations against your opponent since I'm sure you would not want the same extended to you.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 05-01-2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: add edit comment

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    @Syl20 There are various legitimate reasons why someone may leave early so I think it would be better if you refrain from making baseless accusations against your opponent since I'm sure you would not want the same extended to you.
    OK, I understand and will try not to do it again.
    Unfortunately, English is not my native language, so sometimes I lack of vocabulary... and choose the wrong word.
    I apologize

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty much every defeat I have ends in a disconnect on my part. When it's obvious there is no fight left I scoop. I learned taht from magic. The number of times this happens before the opponent gets a reward is extremely small, though. I'm not going to waste time on a forgone conclusion. I enjoy playing the game, not watching. The rating system is bs so I just play for fun now and experiement anyways. At the end of the day you still won. Is that not what matters?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is still better than a guy who summoned an ally that doesn't have haste and attack with it. and then he is still losing despite using all that tricks(hacks,bugs, whatever you call it) so he decide to call the game a draw without I even offering it or accepting it. So yeah, someone call a draw when they are losing without any agreement and attack when it has no haste when first summoned, that is more messed up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's happened to me with my Boris rush deck too, I went first and managed to drop the 5 critters with Aldon by turn 4 and leave my opp with 10 life left. He quit, I'm not sure whether intentionally or not, but it doesn't seem fair to rush decks to lose rewards like that - rush decks are designed to go for the kill ASAP, and it would be quite unfair to punish them for being too successful at their job.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh