Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Breaking Baduruu

Trying to come up with a competitive Baduruu deck this is what I have so far:

1x Baduruu

3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Brutalis
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    2x Medusil
    3x Dark Flayer
    2x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Cobra Demon

4x Gravedigger's Cloak
    4x Golden Katar

3x Shriek of Vengeance
    4x Sacrificial Lamb
    3x Shadow Font
    4x Rain Delay

This tries to be a defensive deck that scores kills by using opponents cards. I usually only use Baduruu's ability once then it's all about the Cloak. I've just started using it and it's 1-1 thus far. I feel like my ally selection is kinda off. Turn six is usually my combo turn(Baduruu ability into Katar, cast GC, steal a card, cover up with Rain) but any deck running reliable item destruction nullifies gained ground. Any opinions on fine tuning are welcome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    He's a tough Hero to run, but I would choose Soul Seeker or Guardian's Oath over Golden Katar for this kind of deck.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    He's a tough Hero to run, but I would choose Soul Seeker or Guardian's Oath over Golden Katar for this kind of deck.
    Undoubtedly those are superior weapons but as a pure defense mechanism I think Katar is a better fit in this deck. Although I am certainly no genius on the topic.

My line of thinking is like this; I think Baduruu's ability is actually kind of weak. And without weapon support like Rapid Fire and Aimed Shot, it's even worse. So I'm trying a new avenue: once I use the ability to get Katar out I focus solely on GC. And hey, that might mean this deck can never be competitive. Relegated to being a gimmick and nothing more. But so far it's been fun. I can definitely tell my ally selection is off though. Need to try new combinations that can cause some casualties to feed the Cloak.

That last sentence was brought to you by the letter "C".
    Last edited by Thayth; 05-01-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: the colon was to close to the "o". wakka.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BEETLE DEMON!!!

all im saying
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    BEETLE DEMON!!!

all im saying
    Yeah I liked that deck you posted but wanted to try a variation. Honestly Katar does really well at forcing less than ideal attacks out of the opponent (that is when it doesn't get blown up, which is where the BDB attraction is strongest). Last match I did with it I was able to kill two Gargs with Life Infusion on them.... of course when they were finally in kill range so was I XD But Mind Control rocked my face, especially when I played an Oggy that I got by stealing a Transference. Opponent then made sure to have as many allies die as possible before using Mind Control on Oggles McOggerton. Was pretty cool actually...../rambling.

I guess I'll try subbing in BDB's see how that goes

Thanks for the input!