Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Serena the F2P'er

I started playing a few days ago, and managed to get my rating to 139 (usually fluctuates around 135) by spending gold and as well as selling off the booster pack I got with my free crystals at lvl 5. I haven't made the decision to go competitive yet, so I will not be spending any real money to get crystals in the near future. I plan to improve my deck incrementally by replacing cards one-by-one as I earn more gold, so I would appreciate any suggestions regarding which cards I should prioritize getting sooner and which other cards I can put off getting until later.

Hero
    1x Serena Thoughtripper

Allies
    2x Dirk Saber
    3x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Puwen Bloodhelm
    1x Kurt Whitehelm
    1x Erika Shadowhunter
    3x Blake Windrunner
    1x Aldon the Brave
    2x Zoe Silversmith
    4x Nightshade

Abilities
    1x Assassination
    1x Stop, Thief!
    1x Ill-Gotten Gains
    1x Retreat!
    1x Poor Quality
    2x Extra Sharp
    1x Master Smith

Items
    3x Throwing Knife
    3x Sorcerous Poison
    1x Black Garb
    1x Golden Katar
    2x Old Iron dagger
    1x Anklebreaker

Total: Hero + 39

Deck Explanation
    Given my lack of crystals/gold, my deck focuses on a weenie rush strategy in the early game to gain board control and hopefully take down as much hero hp as possible before the opponent can respond. Between T3-5, my weapons come online and if the weenie rush goes well, I start using Serena's abilities+weapons+poison to damage the opponent's hero and force the opponent into poverty mode. I also have a few mid-tier allies like, Zoe, Erika, Kurt, and Aldon, to stiffen up my front line in case my weenie rush meets opposition. However, if the opponent has board advantage/control with mid/top-tier allies at this point and I fail to draw Anklebreaker, I am usually as good as dead anyway. My deck is definitely weak in the item destruction department, since I only have one and a half (Poor Quality counts for half) anti-item cards and nothing at all against attachments.

I think my deck can improve in the following ways:
    • Replace weenies with mid/high tier allies
    • Get more item destruction
    • Get more Anklebreakers to help with board control

Which do you think should be my priority right now? Is there some other way my deck can improve, or a specific card I should add to my deck / get more copies of?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like you're on the right track, I would say replace the allies first, only because they tend to be cheaper than weapons so you can get them faster and improve your deck sooner. I've never spent any actual money as well so I know how you feel the fastest way to get more gold is to grind against the AI, though it's also the most boring.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Update: I was just pointed to the free crystals link, so I went ahead and claimed my free 100 crystals. I've converted the crystals into gold, so now I have a total of 2095 gold. Any specific suggestions as to how I should spend it?