Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eternal renewal isn't buggy ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Playing Shard of Power too early is a terrible idea. Once it is in play, you have no way of getting rid of it and all your creatures will be small glass canons. Even stupid snakes can kill whatever is on your side just by looking at your critters. The Shard of Power is a killing shot. With 4+ creatures out and no protector on the other side, we're talking about 8+ damage. Add a bloodlust, Zaladar's ability and the base damage of your creatures and you can do 20+ hits in a single turn. But do NOT play the shard unless you are sure to kill your opponent. Even a single turn is enough for him to play a reset button or a protector, which is enough to take control back.
    Not necessarily. You also have reset in the form of Energy Discharge. Save up your criters to drop them all at once. 4 or 5 3/1 critters are not fun to deal with (even more fearsome if you save up 3 or 4 sparks).

Of course mages are the worst match up for this with their burn. Arcane Burst is absolute killer (fortunately not that many people play it). And since mages compose most of the meta...

However I'm hopeful a Shard winnie deck can be awesome after the update.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I saw that both of you play without hbm cause of the flow. I have no experience playing an elemental deck, but having it as an opponent many times a turn 3 hbm followed by one more hbm or a transference screws my game up.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Scion

I think it is pretty situational. I'm definitely going to retest after the patch, but what I found was that it really helped my extend my advantage if I went first. In fact, on games where it worked out 3rd turn HBM, 4th turn HBM, 5th turn Transferrence, 6th turn Control/Plasma that I felt invincible. Generally I feel like the deck is pretty solid when going 1st and that it needed more tuning for going second.

When I went second I found that, in general, it left me feeling farther behind and I wished it was a Bad Wolf or something like it to take some hits and maybe kill something small before it died. It may come down to the fact that around turn 5 to 8 the tide seems to turn and that much of the time I would rather come out of the early game with a bit more life having draw burn or killed a small ally than gaining 1 turn tempo. The tempo advantage seems to be less if you are hoping to take control in turns 5 through 8 with this deck vs turns 3 through 5 with a Zaladar/spark/snake rush type deck. Or, I could just be totally off.

@ Sardokan - It might have been buggy, but I havent noticed it. What is the typical bug issue?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag451 View Post
    Yeah, very dangerous card to use with players, but great against the AI.
    Not only useful as a finisher...but this card definitely needs to be used straegically. Using the shard is basically like switching to "attack" mode, and once you switch there's no way to turn it off. I've used it a couple times to do a surprise on the opponent and steal board control from them. If you play with a lot of snakes, sparks, and belladonas, and throw out the plasma behemoths and gargoyles, shard of power becomes much much better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anthem33 thanks for the analysis! I want to try an elemental deck but i want to wait for the update for any card buying, because the game will change so much!
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Drenth,

I hardly win eladwen even I stole Portal at turn 3 since most of them just quit. Very cheap