Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face Curious o.o - Elemental Deck?

Hey there, I'm pretty new to the game, and Im thinking I want to build myself an Ele deck, I don't want to invest stupid amounts of RL dollars into a game that I can earn things for free in, so I was looking for your pros and cons of an ele deck, I havent gotten to play test one as I'm just running a Human Warrior deck right now, but the ele decks I have played against seem interesting and after reading the cards themselves I think I'm rather interested in running one myself.

Thanks ^_^

-Khai

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm also wondering about higher tiers and ele decks, are they playable higher up?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    They're fun, and will be pretty strong after the next update fixes the mind control bugs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    im running infinity elementalist.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, I did end up going with an ele deck, enjoying it alot, just having issues with mulitplayer sync so I havent made much improvement rating wise haha... =[

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's mine, really fun/annoying deck depending on which side you're on :P Beats everything (except of course Eladwen which I do about 50/50) fairly consistently.

1x Zaladar

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Brutalis
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Belladonna
    3x Bad Wolf

4x Transferrence
    4x Mind Control
    3x Life Infusion
    1x Eternal Renewal

What? No Bazaar or Santa? Yeap, this deck doesn't need them between the Belladonnas, MCs, and Transferences it has plenty of inherent card draw. No HBM? Yeah, I know, I like this card but the order this deck has to run, I just can't fit it in. Why the single ER?? I run 1x Eternal Renewal because of Darkclaw, Elementalis and some priest and warrior decks (40+ cards) that try to draw the game out. Against mages and 30ish decks I sack ER. Why not 4 Belladonnas? Most of the time I end up sacking her, the 2 health and strongish 4 attack makes her die quick. I only play her if I'm starting to get bogged down mid/late game for the +1 card draw or need her to take a hit, cuz I know the opponent will go for her.

Turn 1 sack ER, LI, Bad Wolf in that order if possible.

Turn 2 sack Brutalis (if you have 2) ER, LI, Bad Wolf, Gargoyle (if you have 2) in that order if possible. Play Brutalis (he absorbs the damage from Blake/Puwen or takes a shot from Eladwen or people ignore him and he ends up doing 6-8 damage before the end).

Turn 3 sack... I think you get the idea, maybe sack Belladonna at this point, but never PB, MC, or Trans. Play Gargoyle or Transference (shot at stealing a Portal or Aeon) or Bad Wolf if no Gargoyle. Attack with Brutalis (if still alive, he's really there to take the Eladwen hit).

Turn 4 If going first, Trans is ideal here, typically you have a 25% chance to steal a Portal. Typically they are at 4 cards, they've played their little guys and sacked their garbage, the 4 cards that are left are typically pretty good, stuff the opponent is saving to use. If you were able play Trans in turn 3, this is your second shot at stealing something fun. This is also where you get to clear Blakes etc. with your Hero ability.

Turn 5 is a PB or MC if they have a Raven or Aldon out. Never MC Aeon cuz there is a bug with him that will lock you out, heh.

After this, it's all about getting the PBs out and where Life Infusion comes in to keep the PB alive long enough to use its ability. Life infusion is also fun on Bad Wolf (cuz he heals), Gargoyle cuz of the 1 damage he absorbs or something you MC'd from your opponent (Aeon =D). PBs are this decks game winner (if you can keep them alive).

Bottom line, this deck may not win like Eladwen, but I never get bored because with Transference, you get the chance to play with someone else's cards for some interesting combos.
    Last edited by Drenth; 03-19-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I concentrate on attack rather the deffence in ele deck but im having trouble with mages ability like arcane burst because I always use
    shard of power(all allies +2 attack life reduce to 1 health) in order to risen my attack but thanks to soul reaper(removes your all your
    allies from graveyard and heal 2 damge your hero for every card) I once heal 28 damage of my hero cause of this.Its fun and easy to use
    deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by soul0907 View Post
    shard of power(all allies +2 attack life reduce to 1 health) in order to risen my attack but thanks to soul reaper(removes your all your allies from graveyard and heal 2 damge your hero for every card)
    Playing Shard of Power too early is a terrible idea. Once it is in play, you have no way of getting rid of it and all your creatures will be small glass canons. Even stupid snakes can kill whatever is on your side just by looking at your critters. The Shard of Power is a killing shot. With 4+ creatures out and no protector on the other side, we're talking about 8+ damage. Add a bloodlust, Zaladar's ability and the base damage of your creatures and you can do 20+ hits in a single turn. But do NOT play the shard unless you are sure to kill your opponent. Even a single turn is enough for him to play a reset button or a protector, which is enough to take control back.
    BadKarma - Apathetic Carebear of A1 - Eating your rating since 1923
    Internet discussion 101: use facts, not opinions.
    Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one. That doesn't mean the Internet gives a shit about yours.
    Facts, on the other hand, are the same for everyone. This is why the Internet may listen to you once in a while if you use facts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Playing Shard of Power too early is a terrible idea. Once it is in play, you have no way of getting rid of it and all your creatures will be small glass canons. Even stupid snakes can kill whatever is on your side just by looking at your critters. The Shard of Power is a killing shot. With 4+ creatures out and no protector on the other side, we're talking about 8+ damage. Add a bloodlust, Zaladar's ability and the base damage of your creatures and you can do 20+ hits in a single turn. But do NOT play the shard unless you are sure to kill your opponent. Even a single turn is enough for him to play a reset button or a protector, which is enough to take control back.
    Yeah, very dangerous card to use with players, but great against the AI.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Drenth,

Thanks for posting your deck. I had been trying to get a Zaladar deck to work for a while and couldn't quite get the flow working. It turns out it was the HBM that were messing things up (great tip). I love HBM but it really doesn't fit into this deck at all. I really like how the deck flows and how it gives a good feeling of control.

This is the version I ended up with:

1x Zaladar
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Brutalis
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Belladonna
    3x Bad Wolf

1x Conversion
    4x Transferrence
    4x Mind Control
    2x Eternal Renewal

I need to think more about the life infusions, especially in light of weapons update. With the Conversion and 2 Eternal Renewals I don't have to worry about Darkclaw at all (especially since I can sack a behemoth per pass through the deck to outrun their Captured Preys). I have been surprised about how good Eternal Renewal is in the end of the midgame. If I don't need to sac for more resources and have a bit extra on a given turn it allows me to concentrate up the deck with the cards that I haven't sac'ed. It isn't card advantage per se, but it does effectively make the cards that you draw more concentrated in the cards that I had cast the most already (which on avergae are the ones most useful for that matchup). In old MTG terms it would be like a card that you could cast to remove most of the rest of the land from your deck midway through the game. It also allows me to run at 30 cards without much fear of being decked, concentrating up the Transference, Plasma, and Mind Control.

So far I am 7-1 in the 320 to 370 range. The loss was to a guy playing Eladwen who, aside from the power of his deck, definitely outplayed me. I'm hopeful that with the new shadow abilities, weapons, and armor that the deck will actually get stronger, replacing 2-4 of the less critical creatures like Bad Wolf and Belladonna.