Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When are the complaints about MC being OP going to start?

Or retreat....

Or shadow font...

Here is some advise... if you think a card is OP... it is not... learn 2 play instead of complaining...
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spelleater bands are brilliant...and not over powered. But because they are brilliant you just have to expect them and deal with them. I played 2 in a row in match last night, and both were lay lined. Thats life. Stuff happens even when you think you are bullet proof.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If there is a decent set of allies on your opponent's side of thr board, not to mention Kris in your opponent's hand/deck, even the high durability of Bands gets worn out really quickly. Add that to the fact it is rare to see more than 2x Bands in any deck that can run them, and that most decks have at least 2xLLN or Acid Jet, not to mention class-specific ItemD, and they are able to be dealt with handily when they do show up.

I would almost prefer Bands in Hunter over Rogue, but a well built Hunter often doesn't need them much either with the amount of healing Soul Seeker can provide, and then you are messing with the resource curve necessary in high item count deck archetypes.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    spelleater is fine. it's not like they are transferring magic damage into health (something i personally think should happen because that's what the name sounds like...SpellEATER, not SpellBEATER), it is simply stopping an otherwise unstoppable, unblockable, and un-negateable wave of damage that simply piles up.

you play mage, so you're biased. but look at it this way: rogue deals almost exclusively in deck control and army building. but none of those things matter against a straight burnrace deck (as i am assuming you play). against a deck like that, rogues have the short stick. a really short stick. spelleater gives them the oppurtunity to level the playing field.

don't get mad because rogues aren't an instawin for you any more. you just need to modify your deck to handle it. them discarding your LLN isn't a certainty, it's a possibility - something you need to plan for, as well.

all other classes work on a reaction web. "if this, then that. if one of these two, then one of these two, otherwise one of the other two.". mages are pretty much the only class that, until recently, did not have much of a reaction web. you should embrace what they are now instead of asking for the same old boring-as-shit "fireball fireball lightningblast heroability nova arcane fireball LOLOLOL I WIN."
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tried running spelleaters for a while with my hunters, but eh, the armor demands too many sacrifices @ 6 resources and is a too risky play when Ley Line Nexus is around and included in every competent mage deck. That's not to say it isn't amazing whenever it doesn't get removed immediately, but it better be considering the cost.

About the OP's argument that this *single* card screws over a whole class because ley line nexus doesn't count for anything because it needs to be used on anklebreaker: Spelleaters and Anklebreaker aren't a single card. And also AB can absolutely be worn down conventionally through allies or even ignored when you have a couple of novae up your sleeve after letting Lance / Serena struggle long and hard to get the board back. They can't succeed with that and at the same get spelleaters out, unless you had to skip turns or something.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I started with mages. I use LLN and I can tell you that my issue is not that single card called Spelleater Bands. There are harder counters to mages now. I didn't have much trouble with SB rogue till now. I consider it an even match up. Sometimes I win, sometimes they do. Also, your problem may be related to the fact that more people are playing mage counters now as many people are pissed losing to mages because there are a LOT of them on QM which shows only one thing. Mages are still one of the most competent classes out there. This may bring about a decline in mages on QM or may not since they still have many good match ups. You can try changing to one of those anti-mage decks you hate the most as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This thread has already been beaten to death in under 24 hours, but let me say this:

If you're THAT concerned about running into a card that sees very little actual play, despite all the theory-talk behind it, don't play such a one-dimensional deck.

Also, if you're THAT worried about running into NOT ONLY a Rogue who HAPPENS to be playing with SeB in his deck, but that also manages to RANDOMLY steal your LLN, here's a hint: play with more of them.

OR

Just suck up the fact that if you're GOING to play such a one-dimensional deck, with only a couple item destruction cards, that once in a bazillion games you MIGHT run into a deck that has a stop-all against said one-dimensional deck.

Edit: This is not a troll post. This is a "oh my god, are you fucking serious?" post.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 04-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's all said. Multiple times. I think by now he got it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know..... you guys may need to hit him with the beatstick some more......

I love these OHMYGODTHISCARDISSOOP! threads, they're funny. Speaking of which, these are the cards I think are OP and should be nerfed into the ground.....

Fire Snake.... Obviously.
    Mind Control.... 5cc for a single ally kill?! WTF?! It should cost 10cc.
    Shadow Font.... It's not fair that Zaladar can fire a Lightning Strike for 4cc.
    Retreat!... I can deal with your Aeon for 2cc! NYAH! So OP.

There's more, but I'm tired......
    Last edited by Preybird; 04-30-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I don't know..... you guys may need to hit him with the beatstick some more......

I love these OHMYGODTHISCARDISSOOP! threads, they're funny. Speaking of which, these are the cards I think are OP and should be nerfed into the ground.....

Fire Snake.... Obviously.
    Mind Control.... 5cc for a single ally kill?! WTF?! It should cost 10cc.
    Shadow Font.... It's not fair that Zaladar can fire a Lightning Strike for 4cc.
    Retreat!... I can deal with your Aeon for 2cc! NYAH! So OP.

There's more, but I'm tired......

I kinda like your humor.