Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    If your problem is Serena's ability, put some good draw engine like Tome of Knowledge, Tainted Oracle, even Bad Santa in your deck, then summon an ally every turn you can be the beatdown quite easily with some experience. Portals will just make it easier...
    Thanks for a good advise, Captain.

In a 40-cards deck, I have 4 Researches, 2 Oracles, 2 Honored Dead. Does it look like a draw engine to you? My rating is 270+; not stellar, but, hopefully, proves that I'm not a complete noob.

Now that we have that sorted: I have to use my LLNs to break the Anklebreakers. You wouldn't advise me NOT to dispel Anklebreakers, would you? And after all the Anklebreakers I still have to dispel this one 'finely balanced' armor. Because if I dont, I will be helpless.

(To all the trolls our there, yes, I know that every mage player is a noob by default. Keep calm.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But what about using spells for board control and not too just win the game without giving your opponent a chance to fight back?

Just kill his allies with spells, play your own allies and win. You know that nearly all other heroes actualy have to do that, right? (playing allies to win/do damage)
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    @ Maldazar: damn, you discovered my secret plan to take over this forum and then... the world!
    You've 667 posts now, your plans has been disrupted.

Seriously though, Spelleater Bands isn't even a good card, only useful against some matchups and only protects hero meaning that mage will use his burn on your allies so you have a little options to kill the mage.

Snow Sapphire is much better card, it freezes allies, freezes heroes, blocks some damage, giving you time to draw your crucial cards and there's very few decks that don't use melee damage. Yet it doesn't have much use. But that's because current meta is overflowed with mages, so people adding cards to counter burn, and it's great that we now have that option. It doesn't make burn weaker however, mages are still one of the obviously strongest classes in the game.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post

In a 40-cards deck, I have 4 Researches, 2 Oracles, 2 Honored Dead. Does it look like a draw engine to you? My rating is 270+; not stellar, but, hopefully, proves that I'm not a complete noob.

Now that we have that sorted: I have to use my LLNs to break the Anklebreakers. You wouldn't advise me NOT to dispel Anklebreakers, would you? And after all the Anklebreakers I still have to dispel this one 'finely balanced' armor. Because if I dont, I will be helpless.

(To all the trolls our there, yes, I know that every mage player is a noob by default. Keep calm.)
    Oh, great, you have at least 2 allies in your deck, that's good.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Serena is highly susceptible to being overrun, just kill her anklebreaker and swarm the board, no board wipe, so she will lose the game if the board becomes too great in your favor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    Oh, great, you have at least 2 allies in your deck, that's good.
    If you cant answer without trolling, you know what it means.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You should keep calm too.

What the others are saying is that you can no longer to just burn your way through to victory (which was the case in v1.29). Now, a good mage deck will have to expect a hard counter against them (Spelleater bands).

And the solution is really about allies. Sandworm is a great addition to Eladwen deck. It cannot be bounce back by DoU, cannot be disabled by AB and won't die to a Nova. I been seeing more Sandworms in Eladwen in QM, and I struggle with them.

Kris is also a good way to whittle down Spelleater bands. And oh, do you realise that you can use your own weapons to chip at the durability of spelleater? And a DoU is always useful in a Mage deck.

So don't rage too much. Many other mages players have deal with spelleaters. If you asked about it, others will share with you.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Also, dont forget a towel.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you cant answer without trolling, you know what it means.
    That i don't have problem with Spelleaters Band and i'm done with your stupid thread? Yes. :P
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By the way, is there any official statistics page for the past seasons? Like, which heroes were most played amongst the top ranking players?

And what's your rating in Shadow Era, Atomzed and Armoek? Just out of curiosity.