Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Spell eater bands? SERIOUSLY?

Where's my armor saying 'you cant take damage from physical attacks till you are damaged by abilities X times' then?

I understand that you guys REALLY wanted to make thieves competitive. But this one item makes whole idea of burn decks obsolete.
    And yes, I know about the ley line. But then a thief makes me discard it randomly, hitting me with that anklebreaker with shadow ability, and voila. I know that I have already lost this game, even tho I am at 26 hp and he's at 5 with a dot ticking at him.

Same idiocy as the old Darkclaw ability. 'I AM INVULNERABLE, SUCK IT'. Such crap makes this game unenjoyable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spelleater Bands is fine. It's a expensive card to play and any hero has a way do destroy it, so nothing wrong with that. Also you can just play allies to destroy it.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Put some portals in your deck,
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    Where's my armor saying 'you cant take damage from physical attacks till you are damaged by abilities X times' then?

I understand that you guys REALLY wanted to make thieves competitive. But this one item makes whole idea of burn decks obsolete.
    And yes, I know about the ley line. But then a thief makes me discard it randomly, hitting me with that anklebreaker with shadow ability, and voila. I know that I have already lost this game, even tho I am at 26 hp and he's at 5 with a dot ticking at him.

Same idiocy as the old Darkclaw ability. 'I AM INVULNERABLE, SUCK IT'. Such crap makes this game unenjoyable.
    In v1.29, ppl complaining that there were no counters to mages burn. Everyone was saying 'they can bypass the board, I can't do anything, the game was unenjoyable bec of this crap".

In v1.5 there is finally spelleater band and legion united that provide some cover against burn.

And now the mages player cry "crap".

The cycle of life.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also think it is ridiculous that this was only given to thief class. Burn decks are generally skill less easymode, it is completely unfair that this item should only be available to another easymode hero like lance. Hopefully all decks will have anti burn cards in the future so people can learn to play better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    I also think it is ridiculous that this was only given to thief class. Burn decks are generally skill less easymode, it is completely unfair that this item should only be available to another easymode hero like lance. Hopefully all decks will have anti burn cards in the future so people can learn to play better.
    Spelleater band is also available to hunters.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    Spelleater band is also available to hunters.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................... I was trying to make a point and now I look like a fool

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Play a mage deck against a good hunter or thief with this 'fine' item, and you will see how 'balanced' it is. When just ONE card can make you obsolete unless you can counter it, just by being there, it's not OK.
    It does not just make mage's life harder, see? It makes you immune to a defining mechanic of a human mage deck.

Burn decks are generally skill less easymode, it is completely unfair that this item should only be available to another easymode hero like lance.
    Too fat, mr Trololo.

Hopefully all decks will have anti burn cards in the future so people can learn to play better.
    In other words, 'so people are forced to move away from burn decks and play other heroes'.
    Thank you for proving my point, albeit in a stupid maneer.
    Last edited by Dmitri; 04-27-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: (merging posts)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just use LLN and you even get a card out of it. Which is, oh wow, a neutral card usable by everyone.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    Play a mage deck against a good hunter or thief with this 'fine' item, and you will see how 'balanced' it is. When just ONE card can make you obsolete unless you can counter it, just by being there, it's not OK.
    It does not just make mage's life harder, see? It makes you immune to a defining mechanic of a human mage deck.

Too fat, mr Trololo.

In other words, 'so people are forced to move away from burn decks and play other heroes'.
    Thank you for proving my point, albeit in a stupid maneer.
    How do you think your opponent feels when you have skillfully taken your opponent down to 5 health as well as wiped his board completely and taken minimal damage?

Do you think you have out played him?

Do you feel that it is fair that you can do all this directly out of your hand with no way of your opponent to stop it except for this one card?

Almost every competent mage uses LLN and usually it lasts only one or two turns at most.