Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Cool Metallurgy Mayhem [1.503]

Another concept design inspired from tuning Mourning Glory. Still tuning.

1 x Ter Adun

(0 allies)

1 x Enrage
    4 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Rampage
    4 x Shield Bash
    4 x Evil AScendant
    4 x Master Smith
    4 x Melt Down
    (25 abilities)

4 x Bazaar
    4 x Reserve Weapon
    2 x Mournblade
    1 x Nova Infusion
    3 x Armour of Ages
    (14 items)

The concept is fairly simple however difficult to execute.

Combining Ter Adun's ability to destroy his own items combined with the draw from Melt Down this solo deck is designed to mil with Mournblade as backup for forcing the player to act.

The ideal start up is as follows:

T2 Bazaar
    T3 Evil AScendant
    T4 Rampage
    T5 Melt Down Bazaar + (Shield Bash or Crippling blow a ping resistant ally)
    T6 Armor of Ages

An early Bazaar is preferable to Melt Down or destroy later to get you your setup cards. The first Mournblade can also be Melted Down for draw waiting for it's Reserve Weapon +1.

Shield Bash is vital in Shadow match-ups to take down Plasma Behemoth before doing too much damage. Save for when he's at 3 HP if you can as the turn after deployment his ability may not be used while they summon an Infernal Gargoyle or support ability/item. If you Shield Bash it first turn it will always cast fireball before dying the next turn.

By having Armor of Ages and Mournblade in play the threat of Ter Adun's ability to destroy it's own armour (and you can even melt down) means that the blade is always a threat and will drive a response.

Master Smith allows you to redeploy armour if they try and mass summon also, by using whilst not having any armour already equipped also adds to the mind games.

Crippling Blow is primarily for armoured allies that will not die of Evil Ascendant attrition

Nova Infusion needs no explanation.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm very confused as to how this works... do you think you could explain how to win with it in a bit more detail :P Sorry, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the strategy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mournblade keeps powering up while armor of ages is on without wasting durability on it. interesting idea, but I think it just takes too many cards together for it to have any kind of consistency.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now that's very interesting for Mournblade lovers. What about switching to logan? Can always wait for armor of the ages to expire or meltdown to come in hand (santa instead of bazaar to rush it?)
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    I'm very confused as to how this works... do you think you could explain how to win with it in a bit more detail :P Sorry, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the strategy.
    You want to nullify their allies combining Evil Ascendant, and Armor of Ages. Rampage should net you some healing from attacks you tanked in earlier turns or when they item destruct your armour. Without means to attack they could still just force a draw and sit on their hand not doing anything which is where Reserve Weapon and Mournblade come in, however typically they will not assume you are completely ally-less at any point. You want to win by milling so that they deplete their deck and lose health each turn, preferably with Bazaar in play.

By having Mournblade equipped while their allies die a slow death by the time your armour runs out (or you destroy it with a replacement if needed in hand) you can then start swinging. If they waste item destruction on it even better, although you may need to use Master Smith to bring one back before you run out of Reserve Weapon.

You will never need more than 10 or 11 resources so stop resourcing when you hit a level you need, 10 can play Master Smith and Armor of Ages in the same turn and 11 can play Armor of Ages and Reserve Weapon in the same turn (which would be very situational to even need).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki View Post
    Now that's very interesting for Mournblade lovers. What about switching to logan? Can always wait for armor of the ages to expire or meltdown to come in hand (santa instead of bazaar to rush it?)
    It was initially with Logan, and evolved to this which needs Ter Adun. Mourning Glory is a similar build and could come halfway toward this type of deck, but this card pool requires Ter Adun for sure.
    Last edited by Keaven; 04-27-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Combining Ter Adun's ability to destroy his own items combined with the draw from Melt Down this solo deck is designed to mil with Mournblade as backup for forcing the player to act."
    This is the part that confused me, it made it soun like Mournblad was for backup, and the goal was to deck your opponent... I guess not

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    An alternate version could include Ogloth the Glutton and Sever Ties.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    It was initially with Logan, and evolved to this which needs Ter Adun. Mourning Glory is a similar build and could come halfway toward this type of deck, but this card pool requires Ter Adun for sure.
    The really interesting point to make mourning blade work here is AoA + Evil ascendant, which isn't in mourning glory. I'm not sure self destroying items is really necessary is it?
    Also, dmg output would be greatly increased with the inclusion of resilient allies (too few of them now). Specially true if you're allergic to milling as I am.
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how would this deck fare against mages?
    SHADOW ERA, ETC

ENLIGHTENING THE COMMUNTY

IGNS: JONATHAN STRANGE
    KELLHUS

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki View Post
    The really interesting point to make mourning blade work here is AoA + Evil ascendant, which isn't in mourning glory. I'm not sure self destroying items is really necessary is it?
    Also, dmg output would be greatly increased with the inclusion of resilient allies (too few of them now). Specially true if you're allergic to milling as I am.
    A most recent addition to the Logan deck was Evil Ascendant, however I use The King's Pride for armour in that deck to not prevent ability use. I'm still testing this deck and it's not particularly effective so there needs to be adjustments. So far the bigest problem is the draw it needs and Bazaar not footing the bill which I will probably replace with perhaps Plate Armor to Melt Down or maybe even the SL style with IGs, DMTs, and BWs.